Best baby-wearing devices for very petite moms? Under 5 feet? — The Bump
Two Under 2

Best baby-wearing devices for very petite moms? Under 5 feet?

Hi ladies, I'm pregnant with my second baby and my oldest will barely be two when this baby comes. I need a baby carrier badly and would like to start shopping around. However I'm 4'10'' and am worried about spending a lot of money on something that isn't going to fit properly. Anyone have any suggestions? 
Thanks!

Re: Best baby-wearing devices for very petite moms? Under 5 feet?

• I am also 4'10" and I use a woven wrap. I love it so much! It takes a bit to get comfortable with the different ties (I took ours to a baby wearing international meeting and they showed me a few different things to try). On that note, at the meetings they have tons of different types of carriers you can try and sometimes borrow before you really invest in one. My wrap is a size 6 and both me and DH (who is 5'8") can use it. my outside baby will be 16 months and I am looking forward to tandem wrapping. And I am using the inside baby to warrent buying another wrap haha! Wovenwraps.com is the website I use. High quality and absolutely beautiful. 
  • Thanks for the advice! I'm glad your taller husband can use it as well. I forgot to mention that mine is 6'2" so that is good news. I'm going to look around at the website right now.