July 2017 Moms
Options

*Sunday Ticker Change* 1/29

Jumping on this today since I don't see it... For anyone due 7/2, 7/9, 7/16, 7/23, 7/30.

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Upcoming appointments this week?

Any new symptoms or changes?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: What was your favorite childhood movie, and what do you think of it now?
~DD arrived July 4, 2017~

Re: *Sunday Ticker Change* 1/29

• Options
    How far along are you? 17 weeks

How big is baby? Pomegranate!

Upcoming appointments this week? No, distracting myself until next week's ultrasound

Any new symptoms or changes? No, and that's a good thing! Doing pretty well!

Rants/Raves/Questions? We're somewhat unexpectedly moving in a month and the stress is already seeping in. I'm super excited about the new place and thinking about a nursery, but not excited about the higher price tag and making furniture decisions!

GTKY: What was your favorite childhood movie, and what do you think of it now? I was obsessed with musicals as a child, and Singin' in the Rain was my favorite. Back then, I liked the musical routines way more than the rest of the movie. Now, it's kind of switched... well at least I enjoy the dialogue a lot more than I used to.
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    15 weeks

How big is baby? 
    Haas avocado

No

Feeling generally better. Getting dizzy and lightheaded a lot though. 

A neverending story. I haven't seen it in decades and remember almost nothing about it except for the giant flying dog. But I loved that movie as a kid. I should rewatch it sometime. 

A childhood movie that terrified me as a kid. It I love now is A Princess Bride.  I remembered it as a horror movie until my friend in college made me sit down and watch it again. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you? 16 weeks

How big is baby? avocado

Upcoming appointments this week?  Regular OB appt on Wed.  Hoping I'll get to schedule my AS then.

Any new symptoms or changes?  Morning sickness decided to start happening in the morning, too.  I threw up of the way to work half of this week.  I also wanted nothing to do with dinner until yesterday.  The sexy dream last night led to a happy morning, though, so maybe I'm on the upswing?  God, I hope so.  Also bumped out enough to start wearing maternity pants, and I'm not going back.  Going to do some shopping today.

Rants/Raves/Questions?  Booked a trip to Great Wolf Lodge with some friends for mid-March.  We're all so excited.

GTKY: What was your favorite childhood movie, and what do you think of it now?  That's a tough one.  I loved all the Disney movies, but the first movie I remember watching ad nauseum was Hocus Pocus.  It's still one of my favorites.
  • Options
    @Twinkiedoll A Princess Bride is sooo good. It's pretty cute that you thought it was a horror movie as a kid! I can imagine that based on the forest sequence.

@chiquita928 Hocus Pocus terrified me as a kid and for that reason I haven't seen it since, lol. I liked it but was so scared of it. Also so sorry your MS is still so intense.
  • Options
    How far along are you? 

14 weeks

How big is baby? 

Peach

Next week

Holy back pain!  I busted out the snoogle but I still can't get comfy when I sleep, boo.  

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Lots of organizing this week and I made an Amazon registry just for us for the completion discount.  Double BOBs are like $630, wahhhh!  I'm on the hunt for a used one but the ones I'm seeing are either in terrible condition or they have a fixed front wheel and I need the swivel option to use it for things other than jogging.

I loved Clue as a kid and it's still my favorite movie!  I didn't get a lot of the adult humor when I was little so when I watched it as a teen it was like watching it new again.  Tim Curry is truly hilarious!

@chiquita928 Hocus Pocus is the best!  "Booooook!"
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @twinkiedoll It sounds like you may have low blood pressure; have you called your doctor?
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    batgrl1015batgrl1015 member
    edited January 2017

How far along are you? 14 weeks (yay 2nd trimester!)

How big is baby? peach, lemon (3rd time its been a lemon from 3 diff. apps lol), troll doll :) , mille-feuille pastry, brilliant beet, house mouse

Upcoming appointments this week?  1st official OB appt on tuesday. So far only has been nurses and ultrasounds

Any new symptoms or changes? last week my morning sickness was the worst. Started to feel like I'm showing yesterday. Been having some really weird dreams the past few weeks.

Rants/Raves/Questions?  sick of all the politics 

All Disney movies! And i will still watch any of them any time.  Now I'll have an excuse to go see them in the theater!
  • Options
    lph4248 said:
    Jumping on this today since I don't see it... For anyone due 7/2, 7/9, 7/16, 7/23, 7/30.

How far along are you? 
    18 weeks!

How big is baby? an artichoke, or according to Ovia, a croissant 

Upcoming appointments this week?  nope, not until my anatomy scan on feb 14

Any new symptoms or changes? nope, just more of the same from last week!

Rants/Raves/Questions?  I'm close to making a decision on a job! Exciting and scary at the same time... it's been all school/training until now

GTKY: What was your favorite childhood movie, and what do you think of it now? hmm... I had quite a few but my sister and I used to be able to recite/sing the entire Rogers and Hammerstein's Cinderella movie by heart! I haven't watched it in a long while but I wouldn't mind seeing it again

And hooray for us all making it to second tri!!
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options

How far along are you? 15 weeks

How big is baby? An orange

Upcoming appointments this week? 2 weeks out still

Any new symptoms or changes? Really enjoying being able to eat. Nothing really new, which I'm taking as a good thing.

Rants/Raves/Questions? I had family in town this weekend for a visit. It was great! 

GTKY: What was your favorite childhood movie, and what do you think of it now? According to my mom I was obsessed with Mary Poppins. I still think it’s pretty fantastic

• Options
    How far along are you? 
    17 weeks

How big is baby? 
    Pomegranate or roll of toilet paper (lol)

Yup, early AS with MFM. Super nervous since I'm high risk so I'm just hoping the little looks good and healthy. We'll also be finding out the sex tomorrow. Big day!!

Food is sounding delicious but blood sugars have been a lot less cooperative the last week. General tiredness is still present and the GI tract is moving pretty slow these days too.

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Nada.

Aladin! But also pretty much any Disney movie. Much like @manillabar I cold sing along to the entire movie. Still love it even though I'm an adult and have no kids (yet).
  • Options
    How far along are you? 

18 weeks

How big is baby? 

Artichoke size

Nothing this week.  AS on the 11th.

I itch a lot and get regular headaches.  Not the worst, but not fun.

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Meh.

I binged a lot of movies as a kid.  The first one that leapt to mind (for sheer number of times we rented it from the video store) is Super Mario Brothers: The Movie.  It is...not what I remembered it being in my childhood.  In fact, it's quite terrible.  So now I can't go back and watch another favorite, Meteor Man, because I don't want to ruin the memories.

@lph4248 I used to love watching Singin' In The Rain (and still do).  That and Yankee Doodle Dandy were favorites.

@twinkiedoll Princess Bride is still one of my favorite movies of all time.  It's regularly quoted in our house.

@chiquita928 I was so excited when I read a (fake) article that they were making a sequel to Hocus Pocus.  I was crushed when I found out it was an April Fools joke.  
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

How far along are you?
    18 weeks today!

How big is baby? According to the bump, an artichoke 

Upcoming appointments this week? Not till 2/10

Any new symptoms or changes? Nope, still pretty chill

Rants/Raves/Questions? TB app can kiss my @ss! Seriously. Some update happened yesterday, and it's been a PITA ever since! 

GTKY: What was your favorite childhood movie, and what do you think of it now? I don't really remember watching movies till I was in middle school/early high school (just about any Disney movie)
    married 7.18.12   DS1 4.29.13   EDD 11.23.14

my happy boy

• Options
    Xath said:
    @twinkiedoll It sounds like you may have low blood pressure; have you called your doctor?
    I probably do. My bp has always been on the low side. The last appointment, the nurse commented that my bp was lower than normal range. I have another appointment next week and will. Ring it up then. Thanks for the reminder!
  • Options

How far along are you?  17 ( almost 18)

How big is baby?   Pomegranate
    Upcoming appointments this week? I have to go weekly to monitor health condition ( not serious but premature birth at risk)  Bedrest is abound.

Any new symptoms or changes?  I was really sick this week with a virus going around so that has been a concern. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Nothing but the day to day :) 

Anne Of Green Games and the whole series.  I love it, I bought a DVD player and movies off of Amazon just so I could watch them.  They just make me happy.
  • Options
    lph4248lph4248 member
    edited January 2017
    Welcome @ESG7417! Haven't seen you around before. Feel better soon.
  • Options
    Dovahkiin_99Dovahkiin_99 member
    edited January 2017
    How far along are you? 

17 weeks!

How big is baby? 

The size of a pomegranate. I'm glad I don't have to look at that avocado ballsack anymore from 16w. 

Just more pokes of the needle for genetic testing. 

*tw - talking about weight issues*

I lost some weight last summer and I've gained some of it back. I know that because I'm growing a baby that that I have to gain weight, but it's still hard for me to accept. I wasn't happy looking in the mirror today. A side-effect of the weight gain is a horrible chafe between my legs (sorry, tmi). It's so uncomfortable that I can barely walk and I had to skip zumba tonight. I bough some bodyglide anti-chafe stuff and I'm crossing my fingers that it works. I really don't want to deal with this problem until July. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?

I bought a new bed today and got a sweet deal! It was from an auction and I paid about 25% of the retail price. 

GTKY: What was your favourite childhood movie, and what do you think of it now?

I loved Ferngully. It made me the tree-hugger I am today and I can't wait to watch it with this lo  :)

edit: one letter