September 2017 Moms
Options

Ultra sound question

Hi ladies,
I have my first ultrasound at 7 weeks but they only do over the belly ultrasound (not transvaginal). Has anyone had a regular ultrasound at 7 weeks and was able to see/hear heartbeat? I'm worried because if they don't see anything, I'm going to have anxiety waiting for my next one so I'm wondering if I should just reschedule it to 8 weeks. What are your thoughts? 

Re: Ultra sound question

• Options
    Drink lots of water so your bladder is full. It's hit or miss. Good luck! 
  • Options
    ashley2824ashley2824 member
    edited January 2017
    My Dr wanted me to wait until 8w, I wasn't allowed to schedule prior. So I went at 8w, but had both the belly and transvaginal. Then my baby was measuring at almost 9w. But we were able to see the baby on the belly one but it was clearer from the transvaginal ultrasound. 

ETA I 2nd @BostonBaby1 I was told to drink 32 oz in 30 min, the hour before my appt which I did 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I went in at 7w3d and had both. Obviously in the vaginal u/s we saw everything-- the little nugget and its heartbeat. But even in the over the belly we could see all indications of healthy pregnancy-- an enlarged uterus with a gestational sac. Upon really close inspection we could see the nugget, though not super well, but not the heartbeat.
  • Options
    I went in for my 1st appt today. They didn't do a transvaginal like last time. They did over the belly. If they didn't find anything then I would have to do a transvaginal. They found the heartbeat but I didn't get to hear the heartbeat myself. They said everything was fine. Things have changed since DD even though it wasn't too long ago. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    With my first and second baby they were able to see what they needed transabdominally at 6 weeks. This time, they couldn't see what they needed at 6 weeks and did transvaginal. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

BabyFetus Ticker

Me: 25, DH: 28
    Married: July 2012
    DS: December 2013 
    TTC #2 since July 2014 
    M/C: March 2015 
    My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    I had my appt at 7+3 over the abdomin and we were able to see everything and watch the heartbeat. I've never had a transvaginal (this is my third baby).
    <><><><><>DD1- May 2011<><><><><>
    <><><><><>Angel Baby- June 2012<><><><><>
    <><><><><>DD2- March 2013<><><><><>
    <><><><><>DS1- ETA September 2017<><><><><>
  • Options
    We saw the LO on a quickie u/s at the ER this weekend.  It was abdominal, and although it wasn't as good of a machine as the OB office has, we were definitely able to see the baby.  I have my first real u/s at the midwives tomorrow, and I'm expecting both abdominal and transvaginal.

I don't know if they can see the heartbeat at 7w, but they definitely won't be able to hear it with the typical Doppler.
    DS1: Born 11.18.15
    DS2: EDD- 09.08.17

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Lurking from July 2017

I had my first ultrasound (it was just a little handheld machine) at 6 weeks, 2 days. It was transabdominal and we were able to see the heartbeat.  Make sure to have a full bladder.