August 2017 Moms

Baby Gear

I remember with my first pregnancy the idea of going to register for baby gear was exciting but also extremely daunting! I ended up using Lucies List website and it was such a great help! She has detailed reviews and a registry list. I firgured now that some people know the gender of their babies registrys are not far behind.    

https://www.lucieslist.com/

Re: Baby Gear

• thanks for the link!  I just read the stroller I've been eyeing won't allow for for 2 baby seats at once  :'(
    Me:34 DH:39
    Me: A-Okay!
    DH: 0-1% morphology
    Married: 5/2008  <3
    TTC: 5/2009 
    **TW--BFP**
    2013: IUI x1 Failed
    10/2016: First IVF Cycle! YAY!
    10/31 - Fresh Transfer.
    11/10- BFN.  Starting cycle for FETx2
    12/16 - U/S - Twins! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Oh no! Did you find any on her site that would hold two seats? 
  • Loading the player...
  • DDRGirlie said:
    thanks for the link!  I just read the stroller I've been eyeing won't allow for for 2 baby seats at once  :'(
    Which one were you looking at?  I've been going back and forth on tandem strollers. I'm leaning towards the contour elite, but friends have said it's really heavy and difficult to maneuver, so I just need to go to BRU to test drive them. 
  • Great link! Thank you. 
  • @taylormarie923  I was looking at the baby jogger city mini gt.  I love how easy it closes and that its side by side. It could still be an option with the purchase of prams, but thats an extra $400 on top of an already pricey stroller.  I might as well get a bugaboo.

My concern with tandem strollers is they could be too long to fit in elevators.  Also, i read that if you have two different size children, the varying weights can make it more difficult to steer.

The search continues!
    Me:34 DH:39
    Me: A-Okay!
    DH: 0-1% morphology
    Married: 5/2008  <3
    TTC: 5/2009 
    **TW--BFP**
    2013: IUI x1 Failed
    10/2016: First IVF Cycle! YAY!
    10/31 - Fresh Transfer.
    11/10- BFN.  Starting cycle for FETx2
    12/16 - U/S - Twins! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • DDRGirlie said:
    @taylormarie923  I was looking at the baby jogger city mini gt.  I love how easy it closes and that its side by side. It could still be an option with the purchase of prams, but thats an extra $400 on top of an already pricey stroller.  I might as well get a bugaboo.

My concern with tandem strollers is they could be too long to fit in elevators.  Also, i read that if you have two different size children, the varying weights can make it more difficult to steer.

The search continues!
    Lol and I'm afraid of fitting through doors and other narrow spaces with a side by side. My son will be too heavy to fit in most strollers, but I know one tandem has an optional riding board on the back that he could stand on if he grew tired of walking. This whole extra Infant is really throwing a wrench in everything. 
  • I'm in between the britax b agile and the baby jogger city miny gt (with corresponding car seats). Anyone has experience with both?
  • LivLew said:
    I'm in between the britax b agile and the baby jogger city miny gt (with corresponding car seats). Anyone has experience with both?
    I LOVE my city mini. I've purchased way too many strollers because all of the previous annoyed me. Now I looked forward to using mine. It doesn't have a great snack tray (and you have to purchase it separately) but we don't have use for that as of now anyhow. I haven't had experience with the britax though. 
  • He had the Britax B Agile and I liked it for the infant stage but ended up purchasing a nice umbrella stroller when my little one turned about 1 1/2. The B Agile doesn't have a great upright position and we always felt he was too reclined.