1st Trimester
Options

Freaking out... Can i be pregnant again?!?!

edited January 2017 in 1st Trimester
Okay so i had my baby 6 months ago (first/only child!) - I've been breastfeeding exclusively and have not gotten my period  again yet... I've really only had sex a few times in the last few months (sorry if TMI but he pulled out every time.. Because i haven't restarted any birth control yet)

I haven't had any pregnancy symptoms BUT tonight as i was sitting on the couch breastfeeding i swear i felt kicking in my stomach....... Sooooo weird.. 

I read online that some women feel the kicks during the 2nd pregnancy earlier and possibly even at 13 weeks..

Has this happened to anyone ?!?!? Am i imagining things or.. Could i pregnant again?!?! (yes i will buy a test soon but its like midnight haha and I'm currently freaking out a bit and just wondering if anyone has felt kicks that early or gotten pregnant again this early..)

Thanks in advance :) 

Re: Freaking out... Can i be pregnant again?!?!

• Options
    wow. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Okay so i had my baby 6 months ago (first/only child!) - I've been breastfeeding exclusively and have not gotten my period  again yet... I've really only had sex a few times in the last few months (sorry if TMI but he pulled out every time.. Because i haven't restarted any birth control yet)

I haven't had any pregnancy symptoms BUT tonight as i was sitting on the couch breastfeeding i swear i felt kicking in my stomach....... Sooooo weird.. 

I read online that some women feel the kicks during the 2nd pregnancy earlier and possibly even at 13 weeks..

Has this happened to anyone ?!?!? Am i imagining things or.. Could i pregnant again?!?! (yes i will buy a test soon but its like midnight haha and I'm currently freaking out a bit and just wondering if anyone has felt kicks that early or gotten pregnant again this early..)

It's against TOU to ask if you are/could be pregnant. If you are unsure, take a HPT but please don't post any pictures here. I also have a 6 month old, and sometimes I swear I can feel baby kicks. It always ends up being gas.
  • Options

1. It's against TOU to ask if you're pregnant. 
    2. It's probably gas but IF you think you're pregnant, take a test. If it's negative you're not pregnant. If it's positive you're pregnant.
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Merciful heavens. No one here has a microscope into your uterus. Pee on a stick, then you'll know. 

• Options
    Oh good, it's been awhile since we had one of these.
  • Options
    Phantom kicks. When in doubt take an HPT. 

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I agree with @PrimRoseMama , phantom kicks. My DS is almost 11 months, I know I'm not pregnant, and I swear I feel "kicks" every so often. So much so that I tend to wonder if I should test, but we're using BC and aren't super sexually active right now. Take a test if you really need the straight answer, but I doubt you are.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    Yes! I was going to say phantom kicks and then saw that others had already done so. I had my son 9 months ago and still felt phantom kicks until he was 5-6 months old.
    Now I'm feeling kicks again, but they are real. How do I know? I used a magical pee stick about three months ago.
     Take a test if you are still freaking out, OP. But it's normal to feel those "kicks". 
  • Options
    I got pregnant with my second daughter when my first daughter was 5 months olf and I was on birthcontrol pill. So yes it a possibility. And yes some people feel kicks earlier in second plus pregnancy