July 2017 Moms

The Big Maternity Clothes Thread

Re: The Big Maternity Clothes Thread

• *sigh* My maternity clothing order seems to be lost in the Bermuda Triangle that is APO shipping...
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • @dancegurl1118 LOL I'll be jealous of you in the maxi dresses in the summer. Unless I wear heels I look ridiculous because I'm too short. Although once I'm that pregnant I'm sure I'll also go into IDGAF mode.
    Baby Q born on 7/20/2017
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @dancegurl1118 I've given up on long enough pants too. I bought a Bella band and I'm hoping that will tide me over with my regular pants until it gets warm enough for dresses. We'll see. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @GreenBean this is me. Although I may consider some leggings and getting some longer tunics here soon...something I've never really worn before but look comfy. 
    BabyGaga

BabyGaga
  • @dancegurl1118 wait you got another shipment that bombed?

@manillabar I think basics get boring unless you have accessories to mix it up.  Couldn't you just do one or two basics and one or two nice tops from pink blush instead of all or nothing?
  • dancegurl1118dancegurl1118 member
    edited January 2017
    @caribbeanmama yeah they waived my stylist fee so there was no risk. And that's how desperate I am for pants. 1 pair of skinny jeans was too baggy in the butt and thighs, one was huge in the legs and they weren't even maternity or jegging material, and one was jeggings in a heinous print that were sent as my size but were mislabeled and we're actually 2 sizes too small. The two tops, one was great for right now but as soon as I get a larger bump would be too short in the front, and the other hit me at a really weird place. Time to just accept THIS ISNT WORKING!
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • I stumbled upon this website the other night while looking at maternity capsule wardrobes. https://legoeheritage.com/ It's in Australia, but then I realized the conversion rate is 1 AUD = .76 USD, so could make it worth it.  Also these dress pants from Queenbee look pretty awesome and come in long!
  • PSA: LOFT is having a 40% sale today on all full-priced items, including jeans. (The Gap has 40% off full-priced till noon, but it does not apply to jeans, booooo.)
    ~DD arrived July 4, 2017~
  • @caribbeanmama that's a good point! I was trying to maximize on free shipping minimums which is why I was thinking maybe one or the other... I was too tired from work yesterday to do anything but if pink blush still has their sale I may just get a couple of the cute blouses this time...
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @caribbeanmama that's a good point! I was trying to maximize on free shipping minimums which is why I was thinking maybe one or the other... I was too tired from work yesterday to do anything but if pink blush still has their sale I may just get a couple of the cute blouses this time...
    Ohhh I get you!  Paying for shipping is one of my pet peeves!  
  • @caribbeanmama yeah they waived my stylist fee so there was no risk. And that's how desperate I am for pants. 1 pair of skinny jeans was too baggy in the butt and thighs, one was huge in the legs and they weren't even maternity or jegging material, and one was jeggings in a heinous print that were sent as my size but were mislabeled and we're actually 2 sizes too small. The two tops, one was great for right now but as soon as I get a larger bump would be too short in the front, and the other hit me at a really weird place. Time to just accept THIS ISNT WORKING!
    Ugh!!! So sorry!  I think I mentioned it earlier - I gave up on pants once my belly 'pops' and I'm not tall.

I think it's time for you to break up with both Stitch Fix and pants! (I hear 'let it go let it go' from Frozen in my head for some reason as I was typing that lol)
  • I never thought I'd be so excited to receive maternity pants in the mail....  Bought a couple jeans from H&M - they fit great.
  • Mine are also on the way from H&M @kellyelizlord
  • LoveLee85LoveLee85 member
    edited January 2017
    keep it all!!! You are adorable!!!! @Creedon778
  • I just went through my single bag of maternity clothes and tried on the jeans. As soon as I lifted that full panel over my hips the clouds parted and the angels sang. I don't quite need them yet but I wish I did.

Tell me again why all pants don't have a panel on them? Why are we still buttoning and zipping pants every day like CAVEMEN?
    I always say we need paneled pants but the panel needs to be spanx material to hold everything in when not pregnant!
  • @LoveLee85 awww thanks.
    Baby Q born on 7/20/2017
  • Love the fashion show, @Creedon778 You look so great in everything!

@manillabar Snoogle!!!!! I think I'm finally ready to bust mine out again!
  • Motherhood Maternity is having a flash sale today, some items (like their amazing tank) are starting at 5 bucks! $10 sweaters and $20 jeans too :)
  • @ljd2010 I missed the pink blush sale so I went ahead and got the leachco "sleeper keeper." The slightly less expensive Walmart version of the snoogle (lol). It comes Friday and I'm hoping the reviews don't let me down!
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• I can't find where I was asked to post about the bento, but I received the Mm La fleur bento box last night.  I got three dresses, an infinity scarf and a cardigan.  I love the cardigan and am keeping it for regular use as well as maternity.  I'm also keeping the black dress.  They did sending me a blue dress and a brown dress that I think would be flattering on someone with a warmer skin tone than I have.  Those I'll send back.  Quality is good for the price.  I'm definitely going to their next pop up in town, and I'm returning some Seraphine dresses that I ordered and didn't love in favor of additional Mm la fleur dresses.
  • @theweevee is buying a bento box cheaper than items individually? I wore my Georgia 2.0 dress yesterday from mm la fleur and it was super comfy.
    Baby Q born on 7/20/2017
  • @Creedon778. I don't think it changes pricing.  In fact, they apparently will charge $25 per box after the first one, unless you purchase one of the five items sent to you. That's why I'm going to go to the pop up after this.

My husband said he didn't like MM la fleur as much as my regular work clothes...but my regular work clothes are at a much higher price point and don't accommodate pregnant bellies.  Mm is best I've found so far for maternity friendly.  I bought the Alexandra 2.0.  I love the way the Georgia 2.0 looks, though.  I'm definitely going to try that one at the pop up.
  • I got my second stitch fix box and though I haven't had a chance to try everything on - it is looking like a keeper!  There was a maternity work dress in there, a dolman top, cardigan, and stretch pants that are super soft!  I need to remove accessories from my profile - I thought they would send something once in a while -  I got a pair of shoes too.

Does anyone have recommendations for maternity slips?
  • chiquita928chiquita928 member
    edited February 2017
    @caribbeanmama I got my second one on Thursday! I got colored maternity jeans, maternity leggings, and two maternity shirts. I also got booties, but I asked for them, and they are cute! I'm psyched! I just wrote, "I don't need any more jewelry" in my note. I'm totally happy!
  • @caribbeanmama I got my second one on Thursday! I got colored maternity jeans, maternity leggings, and two maternity shirts. I also got booties, but I asked for them, and they are cute! I'm psyched! I just wrote, "I don't need any more jewelry" in my note. I'm totally happy!
    Yay for a good fix!  Were the maternity jeans stretchy jegging material or real weight jeans?  I had put no jeans on mine but could do with a pair depending on the brand/quality.  I'm super picky about jeans.

I said I was okay with an occasional accessory - apparently that means every box.  I even included a note saying  I need clothes!  I wouldn't have minded booties actually because it is winter here - they sent coral flats, which look like late spring/summer wear.
  • chiquita928chiquita928 member
    edited February 2017
    @caribbeanmama I got my second one on Thursday! I got colored maternity jeans, maternity leggings, and two maternity shirts. I also got booties, but I asked for them, and they are cute! I'm psyched! I just wrote, "I don't need any more jewelry" in my note. I'm totally happy!
    Yay for a good fix!  Were the maternity jeans stretchy jegging material or real weight jeans?  I had put no jeans on mine but could do with a pair depending on the brand/quality.  I'm super picky about jeans.

I said I was okay with an occasional accessory - apparently that means every box.  I even included a note saying  I need clothes!  I wouldn't have minded booties actually because it is winter here - they sent coral flats, which look like late spring/summer wear.
    Sounds cute! I live in flats. I specifically asked for bodies and describe what I didn't want.

The jeans are stretchy, but the feel like actually jeans. They have a maternity panel, and they're purple, which is super exciting to me. So far I haven't really recognized the brands, but I'm not a brand picky person, so I don't mind.

Edited bc I wasn't done.
  • Alright, I looked for this in earlier posts and didn't find it, but I apologize in advance  if I didn't look closely enough to and missed it...

i have officially outgrown my bra and desperately need some new ones. I saw that people recommended buying a nursing bra not just sizing up. But, I'm looking at them they don't look very supportive. Perhaps this because prior to pregnancy I was a big A/small B and always wore push up underwire VS bras. Does anyone mind sharing what brands worked for work and home (if they were different). Ideally I'd love ones that will continue to grow with the pregnancy. I went to my local maternity store today's and they just pointed to the shelves...not super helpful. I'll  try another one, but any advice is greatly appreciated.
  • .@Bostonlady I love chantele bras, Nordstrom carries them, but their nursing bras are online. I never believed the underwire warning about clogged ducts, I don't know a single person who wears their underwire up on their boob, do you? So I wear underwire even with nursing, helps with the support issue. However, you are going to want a non-underwire one for sleeping, especially if you have leaky boob syndrome like me. Man those suckered spray everywhere! So I would always tuck my Lansing breast pads in before sleep and change them with each feeding to avoid yeast infection. Also, Panache carries great supportive nursing bras as well. Go check them out online, Chantelle and Panache
  • I got my second stitch fix box and though I haven't had a chance to try everything on - it is looking like a keeper!  There was a maternity work dress in there, a dolman top, cardigan, and stretch pants that are super soft!  I need to remove accessories from my profile - I thought they would send something once in a while -  I got a pair of shoes too.

People wear slips?
  • @Bostonlady I get my bras thru a small boutique that carries mostly european brands (PrimaDonna is my favorite).  They have a seamstress who can turn most bras into a nursing bra.  I have heard that Nordstrom can do this, too, and I have seen instructions online if you want to try yourself or see if a private alterations place can give it a go.  The boutique told me that most people just need to size up one band size and one cup size (so a 34A pp would order a 36B for mid/late-pregnancy and nursing), some people will need to go up a little more.  Just some ideas.
  • BusyZeeBusyZee member
    edited February 2017
    @caribbeanmama if by slips you mean a slip that also has a compression for a better silhouette pea in the pod makes a great one (acc to my friend) I got her two for her while she was pregnant 
    Here's a link if that's what you meant 
    https://www.apeainthepod.com/mobile/product.asp?Product_Id=164650111&MasterCategory_Id=MC32&kpid=16465-20-L&adpos=1o3&creative=118249861226&device=m&matchtype=&network=g&gclid=CK3ZyZHaidICFc9MDQod1P0GNg
    @optbaby2017 thanks for recommendation! I was looking forward to some good ones :)
  • AdaByron said:
    I got my second stitch fix box and though I haven't had a chance to try everything on - it is looking like a keeper!  There was a maternity work dress in there, a dolman top, cardigan, and stretch pants that are super soft!  I need to remove accessories from my profile - I thought they would send something once in a while -  I got a pair of shoes too.

People wear slips?
    Yes!  Almost all the maternity dresses for work are unlined!  So annoying!  I can't lecture with students being able to make out the form of my thighs and hoo-ha on the lecture stage uhm you know....most of my students are male too.  I don't like pants when pregnant - there are not that many options beyond black and tend to be uncomfortable - so I find it's just easier to just do dresses and still look professional.  Also, they help with the itchies for fabrics that have any wool or cashmere or certain synthetic blends.  I've just been sizing up to get by but it would be nice to have one specifically to accommodate a growing bump.

Outside of maternity wear, I have a couple slips for short summer dresses and those chiffon dresses (for weddings) and maxi dresses.  It just depends on the fabric and if the dress is see through or not.

@busyzee thanks for the recommendation!  I will check it out - I wasn't specifically looking for any shaping or compression though.
  • @caribbeanmama if you do want some good pants and feel like splurging at some point, I'm a newly recruited seraphine fan! 

I got these and i wear them all the time: 

https://www.seraphine.com/us/maternity-clothes/maternity-pants-shorts/straight-leg-black-maternity-trousers.html

I figured they're worth the price if I get a lot of wear out of them and tops are much easier to find cheap online 
  • @caribbeanmama they don't shape much, they are really stretchy. Just look kind of "neat" under thinner clothes. Im going to order some for the same reason as you stated and il let you know. I have some silk tunics that need to "sit" on me properly because of lack of lining. 
  • @mj8215 yes thanks for the link!  I got 5 dresses from there and 2 belts a few weeks ago.  I ended up returning two of the dresses because they were a little snug in certain areas (not the belly) but liked them otherwise.  I posted a picture of the unlined dress earlier in this thread too.  I didn't look at their pants though - I would be interested in any color except black since I already have 3 black maternity bottoms. 

@busyzee definitely let me know what you think of them!
  • I got a new bra (Old Navy, sports bra section) to wear under shirts where a potential uni-boob isn't immediately apparent, and for days that I'll be wearing a bra for a long time. It was wonderful.
  • Any experienced moms have recommendations on maternity clothes that can be worn after pregnancy (or non-maternity clothes that work during pregnancy)?
    Me: 30 Him: 29
    Dating: 12/27/2004
    Married: 7/27/2013
    TTC: 9/2016
    BFP: 11/24/2016
    EDD: 7/29/2017
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @fancy22 iv been told to buy extenders for my jeans so I can continue to wear them rather than buying new jeans over and over and A shaped tunics.