1st Trimester
Options

Woke up soaked in blood& fluid, but not a miscarriage?!

Im 13w4d and have had an uneventful 1st trimester. I got pregnant via IVF so I've had loads of scans since 3.5weeks with my last scan being last week and looking normal. 

Yesterday I had some pain, but it wasn't cramping and felt more like strong round ligament pain (I've had some intermittent RLP since 4 weeks). The pain lasted for hours though before eventually fading away. It wasn't bad enough to take Tylenol, just uncomfortable.

At 2:30am I went to flip over in bed and noticed I felt very wet, as if I had been sweating profusely. Turned on the light and the bed was soaked - red blood, but LOTS of fluid mixed with it (no tissue or clots). I felt like it would be similar to your water breaking. Although there was blood it didn't feel at all like it does when your period sneaks up on you in the night, it was more like water. The diameter of the spot on the bed was about 12inches so I was hysterical and thought I for sure had miscarried. Went to the bathroom and there was red blood when wiping. 

I had two ultrasounds and a pelvic exam at the hospital and they couldn't find anything wrong. Cervix closed and baby wiggling around with a 152bpm heartbeat. No apparent issues with the placenta or amniotic fluid. I am reassured, but still bleeding and have no answers. I have an appt with my OB on Tuesday, but am curious if anyone has ever experienced this?! I'm still super nervous that it could indicate there is a problem that will escalate. This is my first pregnancy - no history of miscarriage. 

Me: 30 DH:30
No kids yet
DH: Diagnosed with Testicular Cancer in 12/15 resulting in right orchiectomy &one round of BEP chemo. Banked sperm prior to treatment. Not enough in storage to risk on IUI so encouraged to go right to IVF w/ICSI.
Together since 2001. Married 10/2013
10/24/16 - Began stims (menopur & gonal f) for 1st round of IVF on high responder antagonist protocol.
11/5/16 - Lupron trigger.
11/7/16 - 13 eggs retrieved; 8 mature; 5 fertilized
11/12/16 - 5 day ET of 1 hatching embryo
Beta scheduled for 11/28!

11/21 BFP!

Due July 31

Re: Woke up soaked in blood& fluid, but not a miscarriage?!

• Options
    I don't have any knowledge to share, but that sounds terrifying. Hugs to you and best wishes for an answer from your ob that makes sense to you and that will calm you down.
  • Options
    Bleeding can be caused by various things - not necessarily a miscarriage.  Your OB should be able to assess the situation to help determine and then address the cause of the bleeding.  If you continue to bleed heavily, you might want to call your OB to see if you can be seen sooner.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

DD: 6/21/10
    DS: 10/11/14
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Where you check for an infection at all? My friend had one that was causing some bleeding 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Thanks ladies!

I really did not feel reassured after my ER visit at my local hospital (which is not the hospital where I'm being managed, I just went to the closest one at the time) so after calling my OB he told me to go to Labor & Delivery at my managing hospital. Had another pelvic exam (much more thorough than the first one I had earlier) and ultrasound and everything looked still normal. They took some samples and slides to look for infection & anomalies, but all came back normal. The midwife and doctor told me that around 13 weeks is when the baby really starts to burrow and it may have ruptured some membranes by pushing too hard against me, which would account for the blood. Because the amniotic fluid looks good the consensus among 5 drs, nurses & midwives is that the baby also pressed on my bladder causing me to urinate in my sleep. So.....I'm 31 yrs old and apparently peed the bed

Me: 30 DH:30
    No kids yet
    DH: Diagnosed with Testicular Cancer in 12/15 resulting in right orchiectomy &one round of BEP chemo. Banked sperm prior to treatment. Not enough in storage to risk on IUI so encouraged to go right to IVF w/ICSI.
    Together since 2001. Married 10/2013
    10/24/16 - Began stims (menopur & gonal f) for 1st round of IVF on high responder antagonist protocol.
    11/5/16 - Lupron trigger.
    11/7/16 - 13 eggs retrieved; 8 mature; 5 fertilized
    11/12/16 - 5 day ET of 1 hatching embryo
    Beta scheduled for 11/28!

11/21 BFP!

Due July 31

• Options
    I'm glad you got some answers and that everything is okay! Sex can also irritate the cervix and cause bleeding like that; it happened to me when I was around 13/14 weeks pregnant. 

Me: 25 | DH: 25  
    DD: Aug. 15
  • Options
    I can say I was 4mnths and miscarried. it Begun Dec 6 and lasted 6days..But I am currently pregnant again and I bleed through my entire pregnancy with my 8year old Daughter, I also bleed every month with the baby I'm carrying now and also the one I miss carried.but you're fine.your body is just fragile..I am currently having no problems with this child and awaiting my first obgyn apt.May you Stay Blessed . Congrats 
  • Options
    I didn't have any blood mixed with it, but when I was about 20 weeks with DD, i woke up in the middle of the night to pee, went back to bed and when i laid down, I felt fluid gush out. Like a lot. It didnt smell like urine and was really clear.  And I had just emptied my bladder so I thought it was my water breaking. Freaked out and went to L&D. Had so many tests done just to find out i peed myself. Must have been the little stinker practicing her karate kicks in there lol. I was relieved, but mortified at the same time! So it does happen lol.