2»

Re: PaIF January Multiples Mamas Discussion

• Oh @ultratomato! What cuties!!!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31
    Married June 2010, TTC since March 2014
    Blog: ourbinarystar.com

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• If any ladies want to be friends on Facebook or Instagram let me know multiple moms are good supports for each other 
  • Loading the player...
  • AandDM2014AandDM2014 member
    edited January 2017
    @ultratomato I use both! I'd love to connect on them! I'll PM you!

edit: Oh, I forgot: at 26+6 I officially look full term. A stranger commented about how walking is good for helping make labor easier.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• Ladies if you are looking for a good app to have when ur babies are born to keep track of feedings and bowel movements and their weights it's called baby tracker. You will find it very helpful when u and ur DH take turns feeding but can't remember who and when or if they pooped or peed enough. Just something I found helpful 
  • @ultratomato - I just downloaded it and it looks super helpful! How are you feeling/recovering and how is everything going with your baby girls?
    i can't believe we have less than 12 weeks until we meet ours!

@AandDM2014 - good luck with the move this week! What type of cloth diapers Did you get (all in one, prefolds, etc)? I've been a little overwhelmed with all the choices.
    Me, 38. DH, 46 married 11/14
    TTC since 11/14 for #1
    first RE visit 11/15, me - blocked left tube and Low AMH, DH - low count, motility not great
    1/16 clomid, 3 follicles on left. cancelled iui due to blocked tube
    2/16 Clomid/ovidrel/IUI, 3 follicles - BFN
    3/16 clomid, 4 follicles on left. cancelled iui due to blocked tube
    4/16 Clomid/ovidrel/IUI, 4 follicles but only one on right side 
    5/16 Lupron, gonal f, menopur, dexamethasone (5/19 suppression check: 13 resting follicles; 5/24: estradiol 457 - decreased menopur;    
             5/27: estradiol 1417, progesterone 0.18, 5 follicles >15mm, 9 follicles 5-15mm; 5/30: estradiol 2964, progesterone 0.8, 9 follicles  
              >16mm, 6 follicles 6-11mm; 5/31: estradiol 3149, progesterone 4.1; 6/1 ER)
    6/16 egg retrieval 6/1 (15 eggs, 14 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI); 5 day update (5AB (biopsied and frozen), 4AB/C (biopsied and frozen), 2/3, 3 morula, 1 multicellular); 7 day update (4 frozen and sent for CCS: 5AB, 4AB/C, 5AB, 4BB); CCS results (2 normal, 1 abnormal, 1 inconclusive)
    7/16 attempt to retest inconclusive - didn't survive thaw
    8/16 transfer day 8/1: 2 5AB hatching blasts, beta 8/10 = 250!!, beta #2 8/12 = 572, ultrasound on 8/24...TWINS!

BabyFetus Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Happydays13 Thanks! I hope it goes smoothly too! I know the transition is going to be hard for kitty, but I'm planning to isolate her before the movers come, then again at the new house. I have no idea what kind of diapers we're getting. My grandma is giving them as a shower gift, so I'll find out for sure in just under two weeks. They should be the kind where you stuff an absorbent pad type thing into it. Not sure what kind that's called. I think it's best to get a variety before you really invest, so you know what kind your babies like and which ones fit them best. 
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• @Happydays13 things are going good still recovering with the wound vac could be on for a month. I'm not suppose to lift anything including the girls but I do it anyway because I cant resist. DHs mother came to town to help but she keeps making comments on how we should do things so I have to bite my tongue. I knew this was going to happen with our parents. The girls are eating well and I'm trying to get them on a schedule though which is hard 
  • @ultratomato that's the worst. I am all about people helping me and giving me advice, but there is a time and a way to go about it. I hate those that just judge! They raised their own kids, let should let you raise yours! 

Question: When the OB does a doppler for the heartbeats with multiples. How does he/she know that it registered two different heartbeats? It just listens to it correct? There is no measurement stating what the heartbeat reads at. 

Me 30 || DH 36
    Unexplained Infertility- Postive for MTHFR Gene Mutation

Natural cycles with 1 miscarriage
    -3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    -IVF #1-Follistim and Menopur= BFN
    ***11 Eggs, 10 mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 1 (day 5) 2 made it to freeze
    -FET #1- Transferred 2, day 5 embryos =BFN
    -IVF #2- Follistim and Menopur = BFN
    ***11 retrieved, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, transferred 2 (day 3), 4 made it to freeze (Follistim and Menopur) = BFN
    -FET #2- Transferred 2, day 3 embryos = BFN
    **Changed doctor**
    -IUI #4- natural cycle = BFN
    -IUI #5- Follistim (5 eggs) BFP- lead to Miscarriage  :'(
    -Laproscopic Surgery for Endometriosis, Polyp removal and Cyst removal. 
    -IVF #3- Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, Ganirellex- BFP lead to Eptopic Pregnancy  :'(
    ***11 Eggs retrieved, 10 Mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 3 embryos (day 3), 0 made it to freeze
    -Lapropscopic surgery- Removal of Fallopian Tube
    -IVF #4- Estrogen Priming with Vivelle dot, Menopur, Follistim, Ganirellex- BFP  :)
    ***15 Eggs retreived, 11 mature, 11 fertilized, 2 embryos transferred (day 3), 2 made it to freeze
    Found out I was positive for MTHFR Gene Mutation during TWW of IVF #4

• @colleen0516 - my ob didn't do a Doppler until after my anatomy scan at 19 weeks because she said it was too hard to differentiate the two. She used a pocket ultrasound for the two appointments I had before that. I maybe a special situation though because my two little ones were practically on top of one another until 18 weeks. 

**Trigger warning**

Age: 25 DH: 28 Together since 2011, Married May 2014 and TTC since April 2015

MFI (3% morphology) 

3/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

4/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

6/16 IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

8/19/16 - IVF - 

• Retrieval 9/4
    • Transfer 9/6
    • 9/16 - BFP 1st Beta -110 
    • 9/20 - 2nd beta - 762
    • TWINS!!!! EDD 5/28/2017

• @Colleen0516 I haven't had an OB doppler appointment yet (I might get that at my first OB appointment next week, not sure yet), but I have one at home that I use and can distinguish between all three of my babes, even though two of them are on top of each other. They have slightly different heart rates, which makes it easier to tell. Mine shows a heart rate on the little screen, but I don't pay it any attention since I'm just checking for reassurance that they're still beating.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• @Colleen0516 my ob used the Doppler and always asked where the girls were so that he could find heartbeats which they never had the same heartbeat. But I also went to the MFM as well and they did all of my ultrasounds never had any at the ob. You will know soon enough where those babies are laying and where to find the heartbeats are better then the doctors sometimes 
  • @colleen0516 I think I am just a few days behind you- I had my second OB appointment yesterday at 14 weeks 4 days. He used the doppler and found one heartbeat on the very left side and another heartbeat more towards the center/right side. So I think it may be difficult if the twins are on top of each other or very close together, but he was able to tell based on where they were.
    Me: 34 / Hubs: 35
    Married December 2008
    TTC: 2010
    3 ectopic pregnancies, moved on to IVF 2011
    3 rounds of IVF, 1 miscarraige, two BFN
    Started with new RE Fall 2015
    Diagnosed Compound Hetero MTHFR
    Hysteroscopy to remove abrasions 
    Began Stims for IVF #4 10/11/16
    Long Lupron protocol
    ER 10/23/16 6R, 5M all 5 fertilized via ICSI
    ET 10/28/16 Transferred 2 5bb blasts; 2 frosties! BFP!
    Twins! EDD 6/25/17
  • Hey ladies! Quick question.  At my 12 week appt on Monday I asked my dr about getting an NT scan and she said that she doesn't offer them and instead encouraged me to get the progenity  (genetic) testing done at my 16 week appointment. Just wondering if any of you had that done,  and what your take on it was? I've read online that blood tests can be unreliable with twins...
    Me: 30, DH:30
    Married: 2006
    TTC  2014
    Me: Stage 3 endo, blocked left tube
    DH: healthy, above avg #'s
    Oct 2016: Started Stims 10/8, Egg Retrieval 10/21 | 11 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 7 Blastocytes  
    November 18, 2016: FET- transferring 2.... BFP!!!  beta 1= 2619
  • @JuliaAnn86 I didn't have any blood tests done (though they never offer them with triplets). How strange that your doc doesn't do an NT scan. That's pretty standard from what I've heard.

Have any of you ladies been having your fundal height measured? I had mine done for the first time on Tuesday, and it was 5 weeks ahead of where I am!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• @JuliaAnn86 I had the NT scan and the finger prick blood test. If they came back abnormal then, I would have to go again for a CVS (where they test the placentas). If you want it, ask for it. knowing my results came back okay, im glad I had it- but I originally didnt want it, because if there was an abnormality I was going to refuse the CVS. didnt want the risk of miscarriage, and if one of the babies had a genetic disorder, it wasnt going to change my mind on anything. 
    if you want the test for peace of mind thought- ask for it. 
    Me 30 || DH 36
    Unexplained Infertility- Postive for MTHFR Gene Mutation

Natural cycles with 1 miscarriage
    -3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    -IVF #1-Follistim and Menopur= BFN
    ***11 Eggs, 10 mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 1 (day 5) 2 made it to freeze
    -FET #1- Transferred 2, day 5 embryos =BFN
    -IVF #2- Follistim and Menopur = BFN
    ***11 retrieved, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, transferred 2 (day 3), 4 made it to freeze (Follistim and Menopur) = BFN
    -FET #2- Transferred 2, day 3 embryos = BFN
    **Changed doctor**
    -IUI #4- natural cycle = BFN
    -IUI #5- Follistim (5 eggs) BFP- lead to Miscarriage  :'(
    -Laproscopic Surgery for Endometriosis, Polyp removal and Cyst removal. 
    -IVF #3- Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, Ganirellex- BFP lead to Eptopic Pregnancy  :'(
    ***11 Eggs retrieved, 10 Mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 3 embryos (day 3), 0 made it to freeze
    -Lapropscopic surgery- Removal of Fallopian Tube
    -IVF #4- Estrogen Priming with Vivelle dot, Menopur, Follistim, Ganirellex- BFP  :)
    ***15 Eggs retreived, 11 mature, 11 fertilized, 2 embryos transferred (day 3), 2 made it to freeze
    Found out I was positive for MTHFR Gene Mutation during TWW of IVF #4

• Well the girls were amonth yesterday and they still are waking up every 2.5 to 3.5 hours and sometimes they wake up at the same time which is hard at night because DH and I take shifts at night so we can get sleep that is at least 6 hours a night each. I'm trying to figure out how moms feed both babies at once and burp them as well. 
  • @ultratomato I'd suggest looking on YouTube for "tandem feeding twins" and watch some of the videos! I plan to tandem feed while DH/MIL/whoever feeds the third. I hope you can figure it out!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• @colleen0516 I never had a doppler, I was under the impression that OB's and MFM's do ultrasounds at each appointment. At least that was the case with me. 
    @ultratomato my babies are waking up around every 3 hours also. DH and I try to take turns each night also. What I've been doing lately is feeding one about 30 minutes before the other, so that gives me enough time to feed, burp, and change diapers. When I feed both at the same time I use my brest friend pillow. One usually doses off first so I burp whomever is awake first. I hope this helps. I think I'll also take @AandDM2014 advice about youtube. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Welcome @APM_SLP! Feel free to join us on the February thread!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• @APM_SLP  Welcome and congrats!!  I'm so happy for you.  I still can't believe that I can have two lil beans growing.  It's so amazing and I'm really trying not to stress over what could go wrong and just enjoy being tired, fat and pregnant  :D:D
    Me:34 DH:39
    Me: A-Okay!
    DH: 0-1% morphology
    Married: 5/2008  <3
    TTC: 5/2009 
    **TW--BFP**
    2013: IUI x1 Failed
    10/2016: First IVF Cycle! YAY!
    10/31 - Fresh Transfer.
    11/10- BFN.  Starting cycle for FETx2
    12/16 - U/S - Twins! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers