Re: Wednesday Ticker 1/25

• Options
    How far along are you: 35 weeks

How big is baby: pineapple 

Upcoming appointments this week: none

Any new symptoms or changes: 
    baby movements feel sharper

Rants/Raves:
    Rave: DH's job is throwing us a baby shower!

GTKY: What have you splurged for baby or are planning to splurge on: 
    So far we bought a nice glider (and the cats have already claimed it, the baby is going to ruin their naptime), I want to splurge on a nursery towel and clothing warmer, you put baby clothes, blankets and towels in to warm them up, I had read that parents use it as well to warm their towels up, i am easily cold, so baby and I could share!

• Options
    How far along are you: 34 weeks

How big is baby: butternut squash and pineapple

Upcoming appointments this week: i see my OB on Thursday and saw my perinatal on Monday

Any new symptoms or changes: starting to wake up more at night, knee aches, a tiny bit of indigestion

Rants/Raves: My coworkers are celebrating baby all day...they brought in breakfast AND lunch and are having a little baby shower for me later <3

GTKY: What have you splurged on for baby or are planning to splurge on: nothing really...we're waiting until our baby showers are done to see what we need
    Me (37) Hubby (39) Married since 4.2009
    EP:  2.17.2016
    DS:  3.4.2017

Pregnancy TickerDD: due 7.16.2019

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ngcsugirl1112 that's nice you're getting so much love at work. Enjoy!
  • Options
    @disneybaby84 thanks! I work with some pretty awesome people
    Me (37) Hubby (39) Married since 4.2009
    EP:  2.17.2016
    DS:  3.4.2017

Pregnancy TickerDD: due 7.16.2019

• Options
    UGH, as we get later and later in our pregnancies I'm once again reminded that I have SO MUCH LONGER to go than so many people.  :'(

@disneybaby84 I'd never heard of a clothing/towel warmer. That sounds pretty cool.

How far along are you:
     32 weeks 

How big is baby: Bump app says "squash"... I don't know. I feel like the fruits are less accurate as time goes by.

Upcoming appointments this week: This is my last week off. Starting next week I'll move to every single week appointments and NSTs

Any new symptoms or changes: I've started to get more and more Braxton Hicks, especially when I get up in the middle of the night. 

Rants/Raves: My work had been planning to throw a baby shower for me, but planned it for this past Friday... I started working from home fulltime on Thursday. (Sad trombone). They were sweethearts and took up a collection for an Amazon gift card... it was almost $300!!!!! I was so so so so shocked and grateful. Now I'm trying to add things to my Amazon registry that are eligible for the 15% completion discount. It'll let you add non-baby stuff like detergent and pretty much anything you might need around the house. The Mailman is going to hate me the day that everything arrives. 

GTKY: What have you splurged on for baby or are planning to splurge on: Before my husband was out of work we splurged on a stroller. Bumbleride Indie Twin with carrycot attachments. I researched strollers for MONTHS and it seemed like this was the best side by side that wasn't stupid expensive (some went up to 2k!!!) We're using the carrycots as their bassinets for the early months (they're safe for overnight sleeping).  I'm not sure if it was a good choice or not. The first one I was sent was defective and I had to return. I'm waiting on the new one. It should be delivered today. I'm a bit worried that I spent so much money on a stroller, and it arrived defective... 

What I don't regret is getting the stroller myself, it freed up my registry so that people bought the other stuff that I needed. Pretty much all of the big things: 2 Carseats, 1 swing, 2 bouncy chairs, 2 sit-me-up chairs, baby bathtub, twin nursing pillow, 2 boppy loungers, 1 crib mattress, Activity gym, 2 high chairs, diaper bag, 2 Baby carriers. Also, I didn't have to deal with people making snide comments about registering for a super expensive stroller.

I still have a bunch of things that I need to buy, but all of the bigger registry items got purchased and I'm very grateful for that!
  • Options
    @direwolfmini you're carrying two babies so the fruits don't match. It's possible your babies will want to show up sooner, who knows we might share the same date.  That's great that a lot of your big items have been purchased for the twins!
  • Options
    @disneybaby84 I might have to invest in one of those warmers next winter once H gets a job.

Regarding the fruit, I feel like the fruits/veggies don't go in the correct order. Like, a random squash seems smaller than asparagus (that was last week for me).

You are right, though. I would be induced in my 38th week, which would be 3/8. My personal goal is to make it to 3/1 which would be 37 and is one of my BFF's b-days. These chunks are measuring ahead. At 29 weeks they were 3lb 3 oz and 3 lb 6 oz, which is closer to 31-32 weeks measurements. I'm really interested to see where they're at next Thursday. I'm not hoping for tiny preemies, but the idea that I could have TWO 7-8 lb babies terrifies me. (Trying to function with 15+ lbs of baby meat in me is a bit terrifying!)
  • Options
    lindsey2017lindsey2017 member
    edited January 2017
    How far along are you: 34 weeks!

How big is baby: A basketball goal!

Upcoming appointments this week: I have one tomorrow - just a check up

Any new symptoms or changes: Just the same for me - heartburn, restless, but getting anxious!

Rants/Raves: Room is coming together!

GTKY: What have you splurged on for baby or are planning to splurge on: I've done pretty good budget wise for baby - but I should say my splurge will be DAYCARE! She's going to a nicer place that will stretch us a little thin until we get used to all the baby expenses but I believe it will be the best care in our area and most convenient. :)

ETA: Another Rave: My baby shower was Sunday and I really felt so loved and the baby got so many essential things!! It was so much fun. I also am glad I registered for neutral items in case of a second baby - because the stuff is bigger than I thought and takes up so much room!
  • Options
    @lindsey2017 a good quality daycare is definitely worth it! 

@direwolfmini I hear you about the sizes. Maybe its the abnormally large fruit and vegetable variety you find at a fair  with a blue ribbon.  :) It sounds like no matter what size your babies will be, they will be healthy and that is always good news!
  • Options
    How far along are you: 33 weeks

How big is baby: celery, ferret, cauliflower blossom, junior tennis racquet.

Upcoming appointments this week: I had 2 NSTs this week (Monday & Wednesday).  They went fine.  My BP was a little high, but I think it's because i was stressed about the Non-STRESS tests.  Now that I know what to expect, i should be fine.  

Any new symptoms or changes:  just change in diet for GD.  Lots of baby movement, and left ankle usually doesn't exist at night, but no pre-e diagnosis.  So I'm still chugging.

Rants/Raves:   I'm so ready to be on leave....I just don't have motivation anymore to come to work.  But I need all my time for when baby comes so that I can have as much time as possible with her.  I just flip flop all the time.

GTKY: What have you splurged on for baby or are planning to splurge on:  We're going to go buy our crib tonight, and some additional decorations for the nursery so that I can get that finalized.  The only thing I'd need for the room after this would be the dresser, which we may get in Feb.  I'm hoping that maybe my dad will get us the car seat (or send me money for the car seat). 
    ME: 34
    DH: 37
    DD: 03/17/17
    DS: 12/06/19
  • Options
    @mecoats I DEFINITELY feel you about maternity leave. Every day I have to give myself a pep talk that by working today it is one more day with my babies, but it doesn't really make it any easier. How is the diet change going for GD? 
  • Options
    @mecoats sounds like you're making good progress on the big baby items. How exciting!
  • Options

@mecoats TOTALLY WITH YOU

exhausted and pep talking myself EVERY DAMN DAY

• Options
    @direwolfmini - The diet change I've gotten used to, but I definitely CRAVE fast food - Arby's in particular.  So I'm thinking the moment this little girl is delivered is the moment I'm sending my DH on an Arby's trip.  Hope one is near the hospital!  ha ha  I actually lost 4 pounds in 2 weeks rather than gain any weight.  Doctor wasn't too surprised, because of the diet change.  So we'll see what happens next week at my appt.  

RE: maternity leave:  I still struggle every morning the alarm goes off.  I have a lot to do between now and when I start maternity leave (when I got into labor), but it would be nice to come to work in pjs/no bra some days.   :p
    ME: 34
    DH: 37
    DD: 03/17/17
    DS: 12/06/19
  • Options
    How far along are you: 34 weeks

How big is baby: butternut squash 

Upcoming appointments this week: not this week

Any new symptoms or changes: I am up all night long between peeing and heartburn

Rants/Raves: My family threw me a surprise sprinkle this past weekend! It was so sweet! We got a lot of clothes for baby girl, as we still have most of our big items front DS (thank goodness I saved the stuff for my sisters!)

GTKY: What have you splurged on for baby or are planning to splurge on: I recently bought a baby carrier, nursing/car seat cover and my breast pump. I still need to get the monitor and a few other things. We are waiting on the carpeting to come in for DS' new bedroom (we're remodeling), then I can move him out of what will be the nursery, and I can get to work in there. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

How far along are you: 32 weeks (and change today) but my ultrasound tech argues that I'm 33 and change

How big is baby: celery or a loaf of bread.

Upcoming appointments this week: None. I had an appt Tues. Everything was peaches and cream except my Iron.

Any new symptoms or changes:  I am in so much pain in my lower back. Unreal. I am going to try to make a chiro appt and see if that helps. And heartburn at night. I tried emetrol, tums, Pepcid and milk....nothing helped. I was even burping up water. Craving sweets a little more than usual. But I have been trying to ignore it.

Rants/Raves: I too am so ready to be done with work. The exhaustion......and I also struggle with the morning pep talks to come in.

GTKY: What have you splurged on for baby or are planning to splurge on: The parent in laws very generously purchased his crib for us as a baby shower gift. It will arrive in 7-10 days. We have to purchase pretty much everything else. Nothing is bought yet.....virtually nothing is ready. I'm somewhere between panic and exhaustion.                  

• Options
    @rw3190 the only thing that has helped my heartburn is zantac 150 if you haven't given that a shot yet.