February 2017 Moms

PGAL Check In - 1/9

This is a weekly thread for those of us who are pregnant after experiencing loss of any stage (chemical, miscarriage, stillbirth, neonatal) to support one another. 

Please introduce your self if this is your first time participating

Good of luck to those of us with appointments this week!

1. Tell us about yourself (if your first participating)

2. how far along are you? EDD? Team green, pink, or blue?

3. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms)

4. How are you feeling (anxiety wise) 

5. When is your next appointment? 

6. Rants/raves/whatever 

7. Anything else on your mind? 

8. GTKY - What is something about yourself that makes you feel beautiful?
Me: 24  DH: 28

Married: 9/2013

Love my LEO!!

TTC #1: 9/2015

BFP: 2/1/16  MC 2/8/16 @ 5wks

BFP: 5/22/16 RAINBOW BABY

EDD: 1/30/2017 *IT'S A GIRL!!!!* 

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: PGAL Check In - 1/9

• *SITB*

2. how far along are you? EDD? Team green, pink, or blue? 35w exactly and team pink

3. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms)- I feel ok minus being tired and my hip pain. Hip pain is pretty horrible at this point and I'm get excited to be done soon (possibly only 4w left at this point)

4. How are you feeling (anxiety wise)- I'm actually doing better this week. I feel more calm. She's been doing great for movements &I I have bi-weekly NSTs which helps a lot.

5. When is your next appointment? My next real appointment is on Jan. 20th. I do have an ultrasound to check her growth that I'm at right now. I'm excited to see her again.

6. Rants/raves/whateverRant is about back pain and having to watch what I eat because of GD. I'm ready to be done.

7. Anything else on your mind? I complain about how long I have left, but really the weeks are flying by. It's getting close!

8. GTKY - What is something about yourself that makes you feel beautiful? My hair. 

BFP #1: DD born on 08.25.12 BFP #2: 09/08/15 miscarried at 6w BFP #3: DD2 born on 02.07.17
  • how far along are you? EDD? Team green, pink, or blue?
    36w2d, Feb 4th, team blue

3. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms)
    I was feeling great until last thurs when the baby flipped back head up! Super uncomfortable now and really struggling w sleeping at night due to the pain. Trying to savor my last few days pregnant but my body is def done! 

4. How are you feeling (anxiety wise) 
    Having a c section Fri morning! I'm feeling pretty ready. Ready to have this little guy in my arms and know he is healthy. My husband is an anxious wreck and is driving me up a wall. 

5. When is your next appointment? 
    My last appt is thurs and delivery on friday! 

6. Rants/raves/whatever 
    I can't believe I'm almost done! Praying hard he is fully cooked and we can have a typical newborn experience. 

7. Anything else on your mind? 

8. GTKY - What is something about yourself that makes you feel beautiful?
    I've always liked my figure. We shall see how long it takes to get back to normal after pregnancy #4! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...

• 2. how far along are you? EDD? Team green, pink, or blue? 33w 2d Feb 25 Team Blue!

3. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms)  I hate to complain but man I feel awful.. Insomnia, heartburn, RLP, headaches,Out of breath constantly, Pressure.. I am just very uncomfortable.

4. How are you feeling (anxiety wise) Good but nervous about baby being breech and hoping he moves soon. 

5. When is your next appointment? This Thursday January 12th. 

6. Rants/raves/whatever I am just very uncomfortable but on a good note happy we only have weeks left.. 

7. Anything else on your mind? Just ready for the big day very impatient at this point.

8. GTKY - What is something about yourself that makes you feel beautiful? My hair. 
  • 2. how far along are you? EDD? Team green, pink, or blue?: 34 Weeks, Pink

3. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms): Increasing pain levels, including BH and RLP. A lot of low back pain now. Lightheadedness when I go more than 2 hours with out eating, which is annoying as I don't get hungry at all any more.

4. How are you feeling (anxiety wise): Not great, I had to do a non-stress test this morning and while baby is doing fine (strong HB, lots of movement/kicks), the OB is concerned about preeclampsia

5. When is your next appointment?: Just had one this morning, next one is in two weeks if the test results come back OK.

6. Rants/raves/whatever: Raves for my youngest sister who is staying with us and helping my husband paint and put together baby stuff.

7. Anything else on your mind?: I'm trying to be excited about my shower on Saturday but I'm very anxious about my test results. I've been feeling worse and worse physically lately and I know I don't have nearly enough done for her to make an appearance... 

8. GTKY - What is something about yourself that makes you feel beautiful?: my tattoos

• Anyone else PGAL that still is worried something will go wrong? :(
    (My worst time of anxiety/worry was mid second trimester, since that's when my twins were born prematurely and died. I know I've been doing better since the 3rd trimester).
    I don't think my negative thoughts are obsessive or totally crazy, because realistically bad unexpected things can still happen.
    Sorry, I'm not sure the point of my post. Maybe I just think other PGAL mamas will understand?
    Prayers and good thoughts for healthy babies for all of us!

• @FreshBakedBrownies I totally understand how you're feeling. I'm really trying not to think about it but I'm nervous about something going wrong too. TW - my SIL lost her daughter shortly after birth and I know it has nothing to do with me but it freaks me out. Plus I'm nervous about being induced and that causing something to go wrong. I'm praying that everything will be ok for all of us!
    Me: 24  DH: 28

Married: 9/2013

Love my LEO!!

TTC #1: 9/2015

BFP: 2/1/16  MC 2/8/16 @ 5wks

BFP: 5/22/16 RAINBOW BABY

EDD: 1/30/2017 *IT'S A GIRL!!!!* 

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

• @FreshBakedBrownies I definitely am. My best friend lost her baby around the same time as me and we both got pregnant again 20weeks apart. She was always worried just as much as I do now. It's hard and I don't think (at least for me) that that feeling will go away until she's here in my arms. Thankfully it's getting towards the end for us now, but I told DH I literally don't think I can do this again. The anxiety has just been too rough this entire time. 

He did comfort me by saying that there are percentages for survival rate and at this point now, there's not a percentage anymore just an assumed 100%. I know things can still happen but we're all getting to that point where everything should be ok. Hugs momma! I know it's hard, but we're really close to being done now
    BFP #1: DD born on 08.25.12 BFP #2: 09/08/15 miscarried at 6w BFP #3: DD2 born on 02.07.17
  • edited January 2017
    Thanks @becbec28 and @Aussie45, I know chances are great that all our babies will be fine! I guess I just needed to share my PGAL worries with someone!
    TW- I too have had two friends whose babies had no known issues found before birth, but didn't make it long after birth. So true though that it has nothing to do with me! But it does remind me how fragile life can be abd there are no guarantees. 
    Hugs & prayers ladies!
  • @FreshBakedBrownies It definitely makes it harder when you know of or hear stories like that. I feel it's hard to be positive after a loss just because you're almost expecting the worst. Even though there are loads of women who's babies make it through pregnancy and grow up, it's hard to picture that right now. We WILL get our rainbow babies.
  • Omg, congrats @phlox728!!! He's so adorable in that picture, he almost looks fake! So happy for you! 
  • @phlox728 He's adorable!! Congrats on your rainbow baby!!
  • Haha! His head does look a smidge unproportional in this pic, lol! We've never done newborn pics before but I'm so so glad we did this time! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml