February 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms (1/23)

Re: Weekly Randoms (1/23)

• @chef'swife, I really really hope everything works out so you can take your little guy home 

@PerraSucia, that's a trick I was told to try by a few IRL and was about to because from a list of other stuff to try that one sounded most realistic with my kid and all his crazy sensory issues. What I did was bring him in to the school nurse yesterday and beg for her help (which she did and now it's out.) Now, DD has pink eye. Eh, could be worse. Thank you for responding. How is your DS1 adjusting to life with DS2? Is the baby crying still keeping him awake? Hope you're doing okay.
  • @krob I'm 36+5 and have been drinking 1-3 cups of RRL tea everyday. Asking my midwives if I can start the evening primrose oil this week since I'll likely be induced in the next 2 wks.
  • Loading the player...
  • @tentacular No worries at all! I was mainly just getting a little worried! I lurked your page and you hadn't been around in a while. While I'm sorry to hear you've been feeling so awful, I'm glad you're here now :) 
  • I did absolutely nothing in terms of old wives tales trying to kickstart labour. I did have a membrane sweep on the tuesday at 37+2 (a week before i was due to be induced) and my waters broke natuarally at 37+6. I think its simply a case of when theyre good and ready theyll arrive and not before.
  • I Forgot how much cervix exams suck. Then again, it's not like I've been getting any love to help prepare me for something down there. My poor H has been a good sport, but damn I'll be ready to have baby and want sex again. I don't know how any of y'all have sexdrive. Between bedrest and morning sickness at the beginning, my poor H only got loving during second tri. We've tried a few times in third tri and it's been decent, but I truly have no drive/desire. Last pregnancy I was crazed, now I'm like meh.. no thank you 
  • madamerwinmadamerwin member
    edited January 2017
    I would like to try sex to induce, but after we had sex last weekend, I bled more than I would have liked. The MW reassured me it's just because my cervix is super sensitive, but it was a little disconcerting.

I don't really have much of a sex drive at this point anyway, but H definitely does. He seems really into pregnant me. I have been indulging him on occasion because I know he won't be getting any for at least 6 weeks after the baby comes, but after the bleeding episode, I'm a little wary. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @krob and others: Here is my "knowledge" of dates, RRL, and EPO. Of the three, the only one that has an induction like effect is the EPO, but it isn't particularly potent. Its main job is to soften the cervix and prepare the exterior portions of the canal. It has some prostaglandin action, but not enough to totally induce labor. I insert one vaginally each evening (after I get as much pee out as I can!) and try not to get up after for a while. A day pad might be useful. Around 40 weeks I might up it to 2. At some point with my 2nd daughter I was inserting every 30 minutes (she was 8 days late) as well as taking them orally. RRL is a uterine tonic. It shouldn't induce labor. What it does is strengthen the uterine muscles so that when you contract they are effective. I liken this to lifting weights with the proper form. You will get more work done with good form and practice then if you jump in with no experience and try to lift a heavy weight. You can hurt yourself, you'll wear out quickly, and its going to look a hot mess. I drink 2 cups of hot and strong tea a day. Dates are new to me, I have a hard time eating them, but the theory with them is they give you an easier labor, you won't need a medical induction and when you *do* go into labor your waters will be TOUGH. Speaking from personal and professional experience, you want those waters in tact as long as freaking possible, pain management wise. RRL is said to help with this too. :) 

<3 DD1- Aug11 <3o:) Angel Baby- June13, said goodbye Oct12 o:)<3 DD2- Aug13 <3<3 DD3- due Feb17 <3

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• @LivingLaVidaGinger I don't have any stellar insight but just wanted to say I'm sorry you're feeling that way. I don't know if you're writing a birth plan, but if you are maybe include this info. I found my l and d nurse very supportive and letting them know in advance that this is a concern might help them to better support you through it?
  • @LivingLaVidaGinger did the anxiety ever go away? or were you anxious the entire time you were there? 

i agree with @Xstatic3333 on working on mediation or other helpful devices to overcome or ease the anxiety. Anxiety is known to stop labor progress. 

i would suggest staying at home as long as possible. but since your contractions were 2min apart you did the right thing by going in. i'm sorry this last bit has been so difficult for you. 
    Me: 36, H: 37
    FTM, 2 Furbabies
    married 03/17/07
    lived in Houston, Austin, Los Angeles and NYC
    due: 2/15/17
  • @LivingLaVidaGinger I'm so sorry you had such a hard time at the hospital.  It sounds like maybe a big part of it was feeling alone with all of this anxiety - have you talked to your husband about how you were feeling?  Maybe if he was aware that you were having difficulty he could have stayed up with you and helped you get through it easier?  Also, I don't know if your hospital rooms have the ability to dim the lights, but maybe that would help?  When we did our hospital tour, I was struck by how bright the lights were in the labor and delivery suite, and then the nurse showed us how to dim all the lights, and it really made it feel like a much more relaxing environment immediately.  I don't know that any of that will help, but I'm sorry you are feeling this way!
  • @LivingLaVidaGinger I'm sorry dude.  I hope you have a super fast labor where you're in and out. 
  • @LivingLaVidaGinger I know it's so frustrating for you. I've already shared my story so I can relate. The anxiety part is normal. Shit is getting real and even for myself as a STM I got anxious during the hospital tour once in the labor room, like good grief what am I doing? If you can, lean more on your husband for some anxiety relief. It's scary, but you'll come through it all!
  • @MissMerciBeaucoup you look so much like the little girl from "a series of unfortunate events"
  • @PerraSucia you think so?  She's cute I'll take it as a compliment!!
  • A colleague just told me I have a "cute walk" now. Am I waddling?! She said no, no, it's just cute. lol. Baby boy is dropping and giving me pelvic pain so I'm not surprised... 
  • @Xstatic3333 ooooh, big fat NOPE. I would play the pregnant lady prerogative and tell them to go find a local pub. Sorry my friend. I know that in nesting mode it felt like a minor threat to have people all up in my space unless I (NOT my husband) had expressly invited them. 
  • @LivingLaVidaGinger
     most people have touched on what I'd say, but just know you're not alone. I also recommend bringing a coloring book if it helps.. I found myself doing activities as long as possible to distract from the pain & nerves. Just be very honest and talk to your support group(nurses, doctors, H & family). I would definitely talk to you H if you haven't already and just let him know what you need from him, be it support, reassurances, talking etc.

The first day I was at the hospital with my first, my H didn't really know what I needed from him and was constantly in and out of the room with my family trying to entertain them. Once I pulled him aside and told him I pretty much just wanted him in there with me, he parked himself in the room with his kindle and I felt much better. Also my H seemed to sleep soundly on the dad bed and it annoyed the hell out of me. lmao. 
  • @poetryandoceans did you ever see my big fat Greek wedding? Breast milk is like supercharged windex.