December 2016 Moms
Options

WTF Wednesday 1/25

Needed to get this going this morning.... 

Re: WTF Wednesday 1/25

• Options
    So, H has been unemployed for a few weeks now. He works as a general contractor and things have been slow so he and his boss worked out an arrangement that allowed him to start unemployment for the duration of his paternity leave with a plan to come back full time in 2-3 weeks. Well, things haven't picked up yet and he's still saying it's going to be another few weeks so H has been picking up a couple of days helping a carpenter friend with some side jobs to offset the financial hit we are taking. 

This morning he tried to have a conversation with said friend about his expectations and lack of proper time management. The guy is stressed to the max and over his head in work, has no one else to help him and is pissing away money on jobs because he under sold these jobs. They had a mutual understanding that they are helping eachother out in this arrangement. He provides extra work and my H works for an incredibly reasonable rate for 3 8 hour days a week. Well, he's started to take advantage of H's time... the other day H was an hour late and I called him in tears because it had been such an awful day. So this morning he went in and expressed that they need to stick to the 8 hour deal and that he needs to schedule his time better so they can get what they need to get done within that frame. His friend went off the rails screaming at him about how he needs to toughen up and suck it up and blah blah blah. So my H left... this guy has no family and really no friends. His life is work and my H has really poured himself into his life. He calls him to check on him on his off days, gives him advice and encouragment constantly and is really all he has. So now, unless this guy swallows his pride and can talk about his tantrum, we are kind of screwed and he will need to find other side work. 

Sorry thats long... my H just has a really huge heart and has been a good friend to this guy. It disheartening that he can't understand that we, as a family, need the normalcy of an 8 hour day for a bit. 

Congrats if you read that!
  • Options
    @Christinaruth74 You'd think even without a family, he could at least have *some* empathy but I guess some people have a hard time seeing things outside of their own situation. I hope he apologizes because that is no way to treat a friend. 

My wtfs are stupid in comparison. First of all -  wtf flat nipples? I hate them. Why can't they be normal? I hate using a nipple shield and I hate being in pain all the time. Ugh. 

And speaking of unemployment, wtf to HR departments that never call applicants back! I've been applying to FT jobs since June (averaging 2-3 per day except for the weeks after LO was born) and have only had one person call me for an interview. I would at least appreciate a "not interested" email but even those are rare and take weeks or months to receive. Thank goodness I got my real estate license as a backup - if anyone wants to buy or sell a house in Maryland, lemme know ;) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Christinaruth74 Ugh that is frustrating. My DH works part time for a guy that runs a very popular website. He actually lives in our apartment complex and is internet famous. DH is good friends with him, but all this guy does from 4am-1am (not exaggerating) is work & drink. He does his website, Twitch (in which he does shots to raise money for his endeavors), a podcast, and YouTube videos, plus writes articles. DH has written hundreds of articles, if not a thousand, but this guy always wants more without paying DH more. Because he always works, he expects DH to do that, too, but DH isn't into that. We need the money though, so DH does the minimum he needs to so he can get paid without burning himself out. He's in school full-time, works part time, and is in the Reserves--he's a busy guy!

I hope your DH can find some work soon. It is scary not having steady income!
  • Options
    @dmontgo exactly, he is projecting his own "work ethic" on my H just because all he knows is work and I'm pretty sure it's quite literally killing him. He was screaming and swearing at my H calling him a "pansy" and a "sally" over and over again because I asked him to let his friend know he needed to leave by 330 today (which would have put him right at an 8 hour day) because we have plans this evening and I'll need him home in time. My H basically (calmly) told him he doesn't deserve to be spoken to like a child or degraded because his life situation looks differently. He told him he gets that he doesn't understand that because his life is work but that doesn't give him the right to cuss and scream at him, especially when my H isn't even his employee they are simply friends helping eachother out while they're both in a tough spot. 

Im hoping he calls and apologizes or at least calls to address it more calmly because I know my H appreciated his friendship beyond the working relationship, but he's doubtful that will happen. My H has witnessed him screaming at his mother that way, too. He's just insanely overworked and stressed so it's all misdirected frustration it's just sad that we are on the recieving end. 

@ea301 ugh sorry about the nip and unemployment situation. It's hard to be in limbo while applying
  • Options
    @ea301 Nips are a PITA. Have you looked into the 'shell' thingies that can help make them more round/less inverted?  No idea if they would help you, but something that might help. 

@Christinaruth74 How can people not understand or consider that others have different needs? I don't get it.

WTF Daycare lady? We have both L and E in the same room at DC, they love the ladies, and we make sure everything is taken care of daily - ex: I put genitian violet on L, before we left the day they told us that he was getting a nasty rash from being on antibiotics. Well today the boss makes a comment about 'since its your payday, we should get paid too'. No shit, woman. I pay my bills, and have even scheduled out when your auto pay will go out until the end of the school year. WTF is your problem? Its not like our bill is even $400 at this point because of snow days. 

Just GRRRRRRRR

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Options
    yellingbananayellingbanana member
    edited January 2017
    Wow. Some good WTFs going on today.

Mine is lame. Its my brain, I have a hard time focusing lately. I write my list and get side tracked, I start the dishes but end up making a smoothie, I thought I left my toll pass in my other car, turns out I did take it out and it was in my purse. Wtf brain?!?!
    I guess a lot of it has to do with taking care of Lucas on demand.
    If I drink more coffee, I Can focus better. But I feel like it upsets Lucas's reflux when I have more than a little coffee. 
    Side note, I miss my DH. He is out of town 4 days a week this week, next week, and probably the week after. That's been his schedule since the new year. Parenting 3 kids by myself. Thank goodness I'm not working yet. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    WTF. Yesterday I noticed a burning smell coming from our hot water heater and extremely hot water. The thermometer had literally burned up because someone who serviced it previously let a wire touch the metal housing outside the thermometer panel, instead of making sure it was tucked behind the insulation. Luckily we have a good plumber who was able to come by and replace everything today. He's reasonable, but we're still out $825.

Not 15 minutes after he left a pipe sprung a leak in the wall between our bathroom and kitchen sink and soaked the drywall on both sides. He was able to come back and fix it quickly, but now we have a big hole behind our kitchen sink.

Man, homeownership is a drag sometimes.
  • Options
    @gowenc agreed that homeownership can be a huge drag at times. We are constantly fixing something, and our house was built in 91. Wtf house?! 

• Options
    gowencgowenc member
    edited January 2017
    @yellingbanana Ours was built in 1942 - we realized after we bought it that it was essentially made from spare parts, since it was built during WWII and there were limitations on construction materials. Plus the owners before us did some shoddy renovations that we're still fixing. Luckily we got a good deal on it, so we can afford to fix things. It's just not what I want to be dealing with while we have a newborn!
  • Options
    @Kate08Young ooooo I do have some shells! I will give those a try, thank you. I posted in the feeding thread also but I think I need to try harder to wean off the shield because LO is literally sucking my nips thru the holes in the shield. So basically I have 4 tiny little bumps on each nipple that perfectly match the pattern of the holes in the shield. What the actual f...? Breastfeeding sucks. 

• Options
    ea301 said:
    @Kate08Young ooooo I do have some shells! I will give those a try, thank you. I posted in the feeding thread also but I think I need to try harder to wean off the shield because LO is literally sucking my nips thru the holes in the shield. So basically I have 4 tiny little bumps on each nipple that perfectly match the pattern of the holes in the shield. What the actual f...? Breastfeeding sucks. 
    Hence why I just pump. E would literally suck blisters onto the tips each time she latched. Nothing wrong except she is a freaking vacuum, even sucks the nipple out of her bottles if you let her.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Options
    Argh! I have a new one. DH's family came to visit us before Christmas, including 2 cousins that are kids. They had these wart looking things on their chest and when I asked both the kids and the mom said they just go away on their own. I asked if they are contagious, they said no. Well guess what DD2 has on her? Yup. I looked them up and they're called 'water warts', and while they can go away on their own, it takes a super long time. Or get medicine. Wtf?? Take your kids to the doctor. Thanks for the contagious bumps. Grrrr.

• Options
    @ea301 Are you using the right size nipple shield? I know they come in multiple sizes. Not sure if that would fix it, but that just sounds painful.  
  • Options
    @yellingbanana molluscum contagiosum?  Ugh. Sorry your DH's cousin is an idiot and now your poor DD2 has to deal with it :(

my wtf goes to the asshat that parked next to me at the pediatrician office. I parked at the end, in the center of the space. As I'm leaving I see this well dressed man getting out of a truck next to me. His truck is diagonal in the spot and overlapping the whole line next to mg drivers side. So nbd except I have to get LO in her seat on that side and I know my door isn't going to open far enough without hitting his giant truck. So I ask him nicely to move over. Now I'm juggling a fussy, just got a vaccine baby and a giant diaper bag, and he walks over, looks st the space between, declares he is in the lines and then tells me that I have plenty of room on the passenger side. That's not the point fucko. So I say something sarcastic and try not to slam the car door into his truck, he actually gets back in his truck while I'm THIS close to it and repositions it in the space, worse than when he started. How hard is it to just be considerate?!  
  • Options
    Wtf. We had friends over for dinner last night. They are a little bit older than us so their kids are all high school - college age. Anyway, they wanted to bring gifts for DD1 to make her feel special with all the attention being on her baby sister lately, which was a really sweet notion but one of the gifts was a dry erase board with markers. DD1 was wearing one of my favorite dresses on her and got marker on it. My friend assured me they were washable so I tried to not make a big deal and let it go. This morning I checked the box and no where does it say washable... so I'm treating the stain and so far am not having much luck. Ugh. Trying to remember it's just clothes but come on.. dry erase markers for a 2.5 year old?!?
  • Options
    @Christinaruth74 we use dry erase all the time with my 2.5yo. I haven't looked to see if the markers are washable but I've never had a problem getting it out of clothes. What kind of markers were they that stained?!? That sucks! 
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Options
    @sourlemon they are just cheap dollar store markers. I have some lestoil sitting on the spots now and I *think* it faded them a bit. I read that rubbing alcohol might work too so that's up next.

kudos to you for the marker usage! I'm too afraid to give her regular markers haha we stick to the color wonder ones
  • Options
    @Christinaruth74 I've used rubbing alcohol successfully on permanent marker and acrylic paint on DD1s clothes. It takes patience but it works.
  • Options
    @zubenescamali yes, molloscum contagiosum. As soon as I saw the name, #*!k that's gonna be contagious. Great. On amazon ordering some meds now.
    And seriously, the guy with the truck?! That is one of my biggest pet peeves, park in your own spot people. I can't believe what a jerk he was to you while you are carrying a baby. Usually people get so nice and polite when they see the baby. I would've hit his truck with my door, so he learns his lesson. 

• Options
    @tinattt23 yup... the LC made sure it fit. Waaahh yes it does hurt! :cry: I am so jealous of easy peasy BFing babies and mamas. 

• Options
    @Christinaruth74 - we also use dry erase markers with DS, who will be 3 in March, all the time. In fact, DH got him a dry erase on one side/chalk board on the other art station just because a few months ago
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @jennbaylor12 haha I guess I'm a pansy when it comes to markers. DD1 has been known to take crayons to the walls and windows. I'm all for chalk though! Markers (especially ones that aren't easily washable...) are not my cup of tea.