June 2017 Moms

Movements

Re: Movements

• I'm 20 weeks and starting to feel baby. Anyone notice more movements after certain foods or anything like that?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • jennas312 said:
    I'm 20 weeks and starting to feel baby. Anyone notice more movements after certain foods or anything like that?
    No but I noticed movement around the same time every day. In the evenings when I'm sitting reclined on our couch! This past week I think I've felt more movements in the mornings and during the day too but at first it was only in the evenings when I was sitting still and kind of expecting it. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • @alm52386  Same time! I also feel it in the car when I leave work. Must be too busy at work for me to notice I guess. Funny, because during anatomy scan she wasn't moving around the time I have a break at work. I said she's probably on a schedule and resting then.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have felt this little guy on and off for a few weeks now, but tonight he is going crazy in there... so thankful to finally have some reassurance due to my anterior placenta and not feeling him for awhile.

Anyone able to feel their LO from the outside yet?

I keep watching/holding my stomach to see if I can feel it on the outside so DH can participate.  He is so excited for the kicking but bummed when there is nothing to feel yet.
  • Felt baby from the outside for the first time tonight! I'd been feeling some wiggling around inside so put my hand over the area and all of a sudden I felt two little kicks!! I'm 19w today. My hubs is traveling for work this week and I can't wait for him to come home so he can feel the movements too! 

I am noticing that baby is more active in the evening and even late at night when I'm falling asleep. During the day baby is less active but it could also be because I'm too busy to notice. 
  • Baby is doing a lot of internal kicks. She loves tap dancing on my cervix. I don't know what she did today but I was standing at the front my class when I felt a weird sensation and almost peed myself. I had to run to the bathroom ASAP. Guessing she hit my bladder, never had this with DS.

Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married: July 2009
    BFP: November 2012 after 2 years of TTC     DS born August 2013
    Diagnosed with PCOS April 2016
    3 months of trigger shot with timed intercourse BFN x3
    First IUI: 9/17/16            BFP: 9/30/16              EDD: 6/11/17

• My little guy has been moving non-stop today. He might be my wild child. lol Dd is so calm and relaxed. Dd got to feel him kick last night, Dh felt him kick two days ago, and today I felt a full on leg sticking up. So crazy! There is a little wild man in there! 

My dd used to do that to me all the time! It was terrible. I'm really short and have a tiny torso so I swear she would be squeezing my lungs and kicking my bladder at the same time. That little girl was ruthless! @kahlan82
  • I have felt this little guy on and off for a few weeks now, but tonight he is going crazy in there... so thankful to finally have some reassurance due to my anterior placenta and not feeling him for awhile.

Anyone able to feel their LO from the outside yet?

I keep watching/holding my stomach to see if I can feel it on the outside so DH can participate.  He is so excited for the kicking but bummed when there is nothing to feel yet.
    DH and I felt mine from the outside for the past week or so! I found out at my AS that I have an anterior placenta again, but that hasn't stopped me from feeling movement. It is a higher anterior so that may be why. 
  • I've been feeling like a kick might be felt by others from the outside for about a week now. Wasn't happening every time I had someone try but the other night at 18+6, my DD felt it! Surreal!

Me: 36;  DH: 38
    DD: 7; DS1: 4; DS2 due 6-21-17!
    **TW**
    MMC & D&C Aug 2016
  • DH just felt a kick! When he pressed on my stomach just a little bit we could both feel it really well! 
  • @jennas312, I notice he's much more active after I eat.  

@michaela0704, DH felt baby last night (21 weeks).
  • @jennas312 She seems to perk up anytime I'm eating anything. I've also started getting consistent movement first thing in the morning. 
    @michaela0704 I first felt her on the outside about a week and a half ago (I'm 21+1) and DH felt her last Sunday. For the past few days I've been able to catch some good taps from the outside. Last night and this morning were the strongest I've felt. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I'm 19wks and this is my 4th pregnanc, why don't I feel my baby yet???????????? Wahahhhh

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • I'm 19+5 FTM. As most of the first timers know it's hard to tell what's baby and what isn't baby. But this week I know for sure I've felt my peanut from the inside and outside. Typically more in the more and at night when I'm laying in bed watching tv on my back. I have just in the last two days been feeling baby wiggling around throughout the day at points. Feeling this little peanut move makes my love so much stronger. Can't wait to get my anatomy scan Monday! We and OH are doing a reveal the following Saturday so will have to wait one week from tomorrow what our little peanut is!!
  • I agree with @kelsherr, as a FTM I wasn't sure at first if I was feeling baby or gas. But now I can tell the difference most of the time! DH said the kick felt like someone was flicking me from the inside. I was like well It's only like 6" long so I'm sure it's foot isn't any bigger than a finger tip! I thought it felt like a pop. Maybe I'll call it my popcorn maker. LOL High Five to anyone that gets my reference  :D
  • @alm52386 I literally rolled my eyes with your popcorn maker reference. 

This child of mine kicks, punches and I'm pretty sure is doing Zumba in there.  I was laying in the recliner last night and got a hand/foot/elbow punch that was like she was trying to escape thru my belly.  I just happened to have my hand on my belly and felt that one..... pretty crazy. 

• @Wearmi1 haha I couldn't resist.
  • @elyse1384... yes little Tomalina is preparing for her career with the Seahawks!  Indeed. 
  • Ya'll make me laugh so much.... I'm glad I sit in an office by myself.  People might think I'm bonkers sitting here giggling all the time. 
  • @Wearmi1  I'll happily cheer for her if she plays for the Seahawks.  I'm sure any Pats fan would... given we own them. BWAHAHAHAHA  
  • Mine seems responsive to caffeine. I've been drinking a little bit of regular coffee this week and he was being a party animal. I was ready to start charging him rent. I laid off the caffeine yesterday and the movements were not as much. Noted. 
  • I haven't been drinking much coffee, but yesterday I made myself a cup. Might just be a coincidence , or it was affecting her, because she was moving like crazy. I only finished half the cup.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • 19w3d and I feel movement once or twice a week at this point. Even if I drink juice and something cold and lay down for a bit, I generally don't feel anything. hopefully only another couple weeks before it starts being regular! 
  • michaela0704michaela0704 member
    edited January 2017
    Finally was able to feel baby on the outside last night and this morning but keep missing it/isn't consistent enough to allow DH or my boys to feel it... as soon as I'm confident its strong enough that they'll feel it, the baby stops.  I can't wait for them to get to feel it - all 3 of them will be so excited!

Edit: hate my phone, makes me sound like a moron
  • JAGinMI said:
    I've been feeling like a kick might be felt by others from the outside for about a week now. Wasn't happening every time I had someone try but the other night at 18+6, my DD felt it! Surreal!
    I didn't even think about this. Now I'm really looking forward to my son feeling the kicks too! 
  • Baby was kicking a lot last night! I tried to get the little girl I babysit to feel it but she put her hand on my belly for 2 seconds and said "I'm done." lol she's my favorite. Until this baby comes out. Then she gets replaced!  :D
  • I found out yesterday at my AS that I have an anterior placenta so that was helpful in knowing how much I should expect to feel my little guy. I lowered my movement expectations but today he was waking me up with his wiggles! It's like he knew we got a chance to get to know him better and is feeling more comfortable now :-)
  • Hubby felt the baby move last night at exactly 22 weeks. So fun!
  • I can feel the baby moving pretty regularly but it most often feels like stretching, not so much kicking. My DD was all kicks and super active when I was pregnant with her and she has had zero chill since she was born. Hoping this translates into a calm baby boy.
  • I'm 20+2. I have a low anterior placenta and I am 98% sure I have been feeling him move for about a week. He does seem to move more in the evening when I'm relaxing. Nothing on the outside yet. Can't wait until DH can feel it, too.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @LMMama I'm totally opposite of you. Dd very rarely kicked, she was all stretches and pushing her back out for back rubs. Lol this little boy is crazy, kicking and possibly running laps in there! Dd is almost 4 and still is so relaxed and easy. Hope you get your calm baby! We will be investing in a house with a big backyard for this little man...
  • I have anterior placenta and don't feel her very much. It's so nerve wracking!! I even tried the apple juice trick and a pack of m&m and just felt a tiny bit. 3 weeks ago our anatomy scan and all was perfect. We see her again in 1.5 weeks. I'll be 22 weeks tomorrow and app says she's sleeping about 12-14 hours per day. Since I'm such a sleepy head, I'm sure she's doing 14 hours for sure!  Anyone else with anterior placenta? How are you keeping calm between ultrasounds?
  • @NYCProf  I have an anterior placenta too.  I think I've been feeling movements, but it's so sporadic.  I wish I could tell you how I'm keeping calm, but I'm really not accomplishing that very well myself.  Next u/s is 2/16 to see if my placenta has moved up at all because it was a little low last time.  Until then, I take whatever movement I can get and try to remind myself that there is no actual reason to worry.
  • I'm 22 weeks tomorrow and also have an anterior placenta, I can only feel kicks near my underwear line, usually only after I eat or if I hunch over at my desk.  On rare occasions I can feel it on my side, since baby is transverse.
  • jennas312 said:
    I'm 20 weeks and starting to feel baby. Anyone notice more movements after certain foods or anything like that?
    I feel more after ice water and/or chips and salsa. Bring on the Mexican food!