Pregnant after IF
Options

1st Trimester Check-In: January 23rd

JWatt5JWatt5 member
edited January 2017 in Pregnant after IF
Welcome to those who are new to this board!! 
This is a weekly check-in for those in their 1st trimester: weeks 1 through the end of week 13. We've all gone through a lot to get to this point, so congratulations and best of luck to all of you over the next several months! 

1. How far along are you? What is your EDD?
2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?
3. When is your next appointment? 
4. Anything else you'd like to share?

QOTW: What's the #1 baby item you have thought the most about while you waited for this wonderful little miracle to happen?? 

Note: When you graduate up to the 2nd Trimester (woo hoo!!), write a quick post letting us know you are leaving. I want to keep the list updated, but don't want to delete names prematurely! smile                         

Mommies to be:  
@Monica54321 EDD 7/28/17
@niknakcountry EDD 7/29/17
@ARB425 EDD 7/30/17
@ChristinaV2015 EDD 8/4/17
@persnickity EDD 8/5/17 
@JuliaAnn86 EDD 8/4/17 TWINS!!
@Esperer  EDD 8/6/17 TWINS!!
@ljsmith805 EDD 8/8/17 
@JWatt5 EDD 8/13/17
@carafeick  EDD 8/15/17
@DDRGirlie EDD 8/16/17 TWINS!!
@Stars2016 EDD 8/24/17 
@tiffanyw1783 EDD 8/30/17 TWINS!!
@tiffavis12 EDD 8/30/17
@Isthisthereallife EDD 8/30/17
@oxinfree EDD 9/3/2017
@harleyquinn0621  EDD 9/6/17
@omarismyhomeboy EDD 9/8/17
@hopetobeashraderfamily  EDD 9/12/17
Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
TTC #1 07.2015
03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
TTC #2 06.2019
08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

Re: 1st Trimester Check-In: January 23rd

• Options
    Good Morning Everyone!!

1. How far along are you? What is your EDD? 11 weeks, 1 day - Can't believe it!

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having? The peeing is driving me nuts. I'm feeling pretty awesome other than some headaches but getting up 2-3 times a night is making it hard to get up in the am. 

3. When is your next appointment? Wednesday I see the High Risk OB to get assessed. I'm leaving my midwife and I'll either be assigned to that High Risk OB or a Regular OB based on what she thinks. Then see my RE again Thursday for an U/S (its a bonus one for me - she just wanted to see me again this week to make sure everything goes well between the Midwife/OBs. Kind of wish I could just stay with my RE the whole time hehe). 

4. Anything else you'd like to share? My house is clean....sooo clean. It's so awesome having my energy back. If it hasn't happened for you yet you definitely have something to look forward to :)

QOTW: What's the #1 baby item you have thought the most about while you waited for this wonderful little miracle to happen??  I've been super excited about the stroller haha. I think because I'm hoping to use it a lot in my small town, walking to my parents house, and up at the cottage. Lots of research, lots of trying them out but no more dreaming - when our annual bonus comes in in the next couple weeks(actually on the last day of my second trimester, perfect timing) I'm getting that stroller.
    TTC #1 07.2015
    TTC #2 06.2019

• Options
    1. How far along are you? What is your EDD? 7 weeks tomorrow; Sept 12
    2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having? Nausea blech! I have no appetite. Just over all yuckiness. 
    3. When is your next appointment? Wednesday I have my last sono w/ my RE then I go to my OB on Thursday. I also have appointments setup with the high-risk doc because of my high blood pressure and weight. Fingers crossed for thoughtful understanding care providers.
    4. Anything else you'd like to share? Some days I still can't believe there is a little body growing inside of me. Last night I sauteed a WHOLE container of spinach and choked down every last leaf...because it's good for the baby. This kid is gonna be Popeye! 

QOTW: What's the #1 baby item you have thought the most about while you waited for this wonderful little miracle to happen?? I'm looking forward to setting up the baby's room. I look at cribs a lot online. I haven't got the nerve to go look at anything else yet. Don't want to jinx it.
    *TW below*
    Me: 40 DH: 38
    TTC since November 2012
    BFP IUI Cycle 2 Dec 2016
    Baby Boy Due Sept 12 2017
    Elias (Eli) born 9/2/17 at 7:07pm weight 8lbs 10oz and 20.5 inches long!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi all... new to this group... I've been so reserved about actually considering myself "pregnant" that I've been mostly off the boards entirely. 

1. How far along are you? What is your EDD? I'm technically 8w1 day (based on FET transfer) but measuring 7w2d which has me terrified at the moment. Due date should have been Sept 3, but may be changed to Sept 9

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having? Mostly just a bit of nausea/an upset stomach and fatigue the last few days. Up until now I've been quite "normal" feeling which also had me worried... oh gosh I'm a worry wart.

3. When is your next appointment? Supposed to be on Feb 21 but I've requested one for 2 weeks from now to check on growth progress... hoping I won't continue to measure behind, or even if I am, just see continued growth... So sometime week of Feb 6 hopefully.

4. Anything else you'd like to share? I'm dealing with really bad anxiety. Took us 5 years to get here and terrified of it being taken from me :neutral: Struggling to really embrace and celebrate being pregnant. Wish I could feel happier and more hopeful. 

Excited to get to know you ladies. 
    ---
    Started TTC April 2011
    Me: 32, DH: 32
    Diagnosis: Endometriosis

• 2012 - 3 Rounds clomid - all BFN
    • 2013 - 1 Fresh IVF with 2 day 3 embryos - BFN
    • 2014 - 1 Frozen IVF with 2 day 5 embryos - BFN
    • Took a long break, continuing trying naturally
    • Feb 2016 - Biopsy = Endo, DH sperm improved from 1% to 6% morphology
    • March 2016 - Fresh IVF cycle with acupuncture & intralipids: 20 eggs retrieved (17 mature), 7 ICSI'd fertilized, 9 naturally fertilized. 16 total embryos!
    • April 8th - 2 embryos (1ICSI and 1 Natural) transferred. (7 blastocysts frozen), April 18th - Beta = BFN
    • Sept 23rd - Lupron Depot Injection for Endo control
    • Nov 15th 2016 - Started daily Lupron Injections for upcoming FET
    • Nov 22 - Baseline US/BW - Intralipid Infusion - Start Meds for FET with immune protocol
    • Dec 16th FET transfer of 3 embryos (1 - AA, 2 - BB)
    • TW below
    • Dec 22nd - first ever bfp (very faint lines FRER & cheapie)
    • Dec 27th Beta = 192, Dec 29th Beta = 379
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    I'm a YouTube vlogger who talks about Infertility, IVF and Endometriosis. Check it out here!
    Follow along at http://liv4today.blog
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

• Options
    edited January 2017
    1. How far along are you? What is your EDD? 7 weeks, 3 days. EDD Sept 8.
    2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having? I feel like 20% queasy most of the time. It's weird. Not close to throwing up, just off. ALSO: food aversions are REAL, yall. This is probably my strongest symptom. I have very strong aversions to a variety of foods and pretty much want to eat vegetarian all the time. 
    3. When is your next appointment? Next week, Feb 2. If all is good, we officially GRADUATE!
    4. Anything else you'd like to share? I freaked myself out bc I had yellow discharge and my IVF nurse said it could be a sign of infection. SO I went to my OB's office (for the first time in a long time) and was pretty much told all is fine, it's a symptom of early pregnancy. BUT I got a bonus scan out of it! I saw my little peanut measuring perfectly with a heart rate of 150 bpm. I couldn't be more grateful! Plus, its helping me get through the next 10 days of waiting to see little bean again. 

QOTW: What's the #1 baby item you have thought the most about while you waited for this wonderful little miracle to happen?? Hmmmm honestly I dream of buying adorable clothes and swaddle clothes. I like want them ALL. 
    ***TW***
    DH & I both 34.
    8/16: IVF, antagonist protocol 
    21 eggs | 9 blasts | 7 normal through PGS
    10/16: FET  = BFN  :(
    12/16: Surprise natural BFP 
    Beta 1: 177 | Beta 2: 483 | Beta 3: 8,755 | Beta 4: 39,007. Baby born 9/5/2017

NOW on sibling journey. 
    2/20: FET = BFN :(
    4/20: Surprise COVID BFP

• Options
    @oxinfree for what it's worth, I was tracking 3-4 days behind on Friday and today was completely caught up.
    ***TW***
    DH & I both 34.

NOW on sibling journey. 

• Options
    @oxinfree I'm with you on the anxiety.  I hate not feeling pregnant.  Who would have ever thought that I would be happier nauseous? Still over a week until i get to see my lil beans. :(
    Me:34 DH:39
    Me: A-Okay!
    DH: 0-1% morphology
    Married: 5/2008  <3
    TTC: 5/2009 
    **TW--BFP**
    2013: IUI x1 Failed
    10/2016: First IVF Cycle! YAY!
    10/31 - Fresh Transfer.
    11/10- BFN.  Starting cycle for FETx2
    12/16 - U/S - Twins! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    1. How far along are you? What is your EDD? 13 weeks 1days. Due July 30th! This will be my last week posting on the 1st trimester board! 

2. What oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having? My energy is finally starting to come back. My appetite has increased slightly over the past day. Other than that, all is well!

3. When is your next appointment? February 2nd!

4. Anything else you'd like to share? I spoke to my OBs office today to confirm the genetic testing was fine which it was but they weren't able to tell me the gender and said they would have a nurse call me...now the wait begins! 

QOTW: What is the #1 baby item you have thought about while you waited for this wonderful little miracle to occur? The crib and stroller travel system. Our crib was on sale this week at target so my parents graciously purchased that for us! I've narrowed down the strollers but need to go to babies r us to "test" them.

@oxinfree I think most of us can totally relate about the anxiety because we have all been through so much to get where we are! One of the things that has helped me is reminding myself " I am happy to be pregnant today" . This was pivotal for me because I never thought we would get pregnant. I also do a lot of guided meditations and that helps reduce my anxiety big time. Anxiety is the main reason I haven't told many people at work because I'm so afraid of "jinxing" things but I'm finally starting to let that go. It's a work in process but try to focus on staying calm for the baby and your health!  
  • Options
    @omarismyhomeboy that's really reassuring. Glad to hear you're caught up. I'm hoping it's just due to poor quality of the scan... but who knows. Time will tell I suppose. I just hate that I'm always on the low end of things. First I seemed to have low betas (good but not great) and now measuring behind. It's like after all we've been through could things just go smoothly for a change!?!? ugh. haha

@DDRGirlie - waiting on those U/Ss is so brutal. I'm sure you're counting down not only the days but hours and minutes ;) well maybe not, but I wouldn't blame you ;) I'm glad you're feeling relatively well with 2 beans... that's lucky. But yes, symptoms would bring some reassurance and not having them tends to mess with my mind a little haha. 
    ---
    Started TTC April 2011

• March 2016 - Fresh IVF cycle with acupuncture & intralipids: 20 eggs retrieved (17 mature), 7 ICSI'd fertilized, 9 naturally fertilized. 16 total embryos!
    • April 8th - 2 embryos (1ICSI and 1 Natural) transferred. (7 blastocysts frozen), April 18th - Beta = BFN
    • Nov 22 - Baseline US/BW - Intralipid Infusion - Start Meds for FET with immune protocol
    • TW below
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    I'm a YouTube vlogger who talks about Infertility, IVF and Endometriosis. Check it out here!
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

• Options
    @ARB425 - thanks hun. It's always so nice speaking with other IF women... ya'll just get it without explanation. Congrats on entering into your second trimester. How exciting!!! I hope that you can begin to enjoy the process a little more then. I feel  like once I'm through the first trimester at least in a small way I'll breathe a little easier. Also excited for you to find out the gender!!! Yipee. So soon. <3
    ---
    Started TTC April 2011

• TW below
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

• Options
    JWatt5JWatt5 member
    edited January 2017
    So many moving on after this week - so awesome!! Congrats gals! Can't wait to join you in the 2nd tri board in a few weeks!! 
    @oxinfree - glad you joined the board. Lots of great supportive people here :smile:
    @omarismyhomeboy - food aversions have been my worst too. I almost threw up in the butcher section of the grocery store on the weekend. Like stopped & sat on the floor for a second haha 

edited - bc as usual I can't spell 
    TTC #1 07.2015
    TTC #2 06.2019

• Options
    @JWatt5 - I avidly avoid the butcher section... the sight and smell of raw meat sets me off for sure. Ugh. Glad you held it together ;) haha
    ---
    Started TTC April 2011

• TW below
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

• Options
    @JWatt5 oh man for me its fish...I can barely write that word without it setting me off!

@oxinfree I totally get how it feels to be behind all the time. Especially after failed IVF cycles or FET. We are all rooting for you!
    ***TW***
    DH & I both 34.

NOW on sibling journey. 

• Options
    Hi all,

Sorry I haven't posted the last 2 weeks.. time just got away from me.

1. How far along are you? What is your EDD? 
    12 weeks, 3 days. EDD is August 5th
    2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?  I came off the PIO on Wednesday and it seems that my symptoms have calmed down a bit since then.  Yesterday other than discharge and some twinges here and there I almost felt normal.
    3. When is your next appointment? In 1 month...ah 2/18 and there's no sonogram only doppler :(
    4. Anything else you'd like to share? So today I am home sick in bed with what I hope is only a cold.  Of course I'm freaking out since yesterday I felt pretty normal and now I'm sick.  Can't help but worry about my little nugget in there.  I'm going to call my OB in a little bit to see what they suggest I do.

QOTW: What's the #1 baby item you have thought the most about while you waited for this wonderful little miracle to happen?? Probably the nursery furniture. I've waited so long to make the spare room the nursery.  I want to see it all set up!!

@oxinfree it's nice to see you on here. We were on a board together awhile ago.  We all have the anxiety.  I'm almost out of the 1st trimester and I can't help but still worry.

@JWatt5 I saw your post on the bleeding, hope all is well!
  • Options
    *lurking from 2nd tri*

@oxinfree Just wanted to mention that I watched your latest video on youtube, and although you're measuring behind, your little one has an AMAZING heart beat for 7/8 weeks! There is nothing "behind" about that strong little beating heart! Congrats! :)
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • Options
    @wifeinraleigh28 - that's reassuring... does heartbeat matter more than measurements? Congrats on being in second trimester :) how exciting... and a GIRL yay, so fun. xo

@ChristinaV2015 - we were! nice to see you too... yes I'm sure I'll be a worry wart the whole pregnancy haha. I totally relate to wanting to set up a nursery. We're out house hunting at the moment so all of that is naturally on hold for us anyway but once we get into whatever home we do find I'm sure I'll be itching to get started :) 

As if things could just get more stressful and annoying... now my dog has fleas so dealing with that whole ordeal. So frustrating because he's been on Frontline preventative and clearly that accomplished nothing :(  Not cool.
    ---
    Started TTC April 2011

• TW below
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

• Options
    I had my appt with the OB Med Specialist today - while they want to do a MRI(w/o contrast so it's safe) to rule a couple things out & see if I can go off the baby aspirin, I can get referred to a regular OB. She was a little concerned about the small bleed I had last night, that maybe it was the aspirin but I see my RE on Thursday so hopefully they can tell me all if just fine & the baby is ok.  
    TTC #1 07.2015
    TTC #2 06.2019

• Options
    @JWatt5 - thinking of you. glad you are getting good care, but hopefully your RE can give you some reassurance on Thursday. Big hugs... I'm sure this is much unwanted stress right now <3
    ---
    Started TTC April 2011

• TW below
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

• Options
    @JWatt5 one other thing is aspirin is a blood thinner, so maybe if you were already irritated by the suppositories the aspirin might have made a drop actually come out when it would have normally just been a scratch on the inside if that makes any sense.  I'm no doctor but just a thought!  Hope your RE can confirm that everything is A-OK when you go on Thursday and in the meantime hope you can try to not stress too much (easier said than done I know).
  • Options
    **Another 2nd tri lurker**

@oxinfree My little boy only measured 7w3d at my 8w scan. I had my first OB appointment 5 days later and b/c I was so stressed over the measurements they allowed me to another u/s - baby measured right on target, and has stayed on target. I believe it was a combination of low quality imaging with RE equipment and position of baby. They are so small at that point that it's easy to be off. Also, in regards to fleas, you may want to switch to a preventive method like bravecto or something similar. We also used to use topical preventive and it stopped working, which my vet said was happening with a lot of his patients. Bravecto has worked great for our 3 little fur babies :) GL with everything!

• Options
    @MicronesianMamma - thanks - ya we've had him on Frontline Plus so we were surprised this happened, but I guess they grow resistant or whatever. Not cool. I'll look into Bravecto... I'm assuming that's a pill treatment?
    Also, thanks for sharing your U/S experience. I'm hoping it was just low quality tech that made measurements off for me as well... but glad your measuring on target now, makes me feel better :)<3
    ---
    Started TTC April 2011

• TW below
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

• Options
    @Esperer - that's exactly what I'm hoping happened. It explains it the best - I'm on the same page as you are!
    TTC #1 07.2015
    TTC #2 06.2019

• Options
    @oxinfree It is my understanding that the heart beat is the #1 predictor of whether or not you go on to have a successful pregnancy. Once you hear/see a STRONG heartbeat, your risk of loss decreases drastically. This is the one thing that eased my huge ball of nerves early on. Also, early ultrasound measurements are very susceptible to human error because the baby is so small, and it's really just up to your tech to get their little mouse on the right points! I just feel in my heart that things are going to turn out well for you this go around, but I know how hard it is to relax throughout this process. I've been so anxious and this community has really helped me through that, just being able to talk to other ladies who understand the emotional and financial pain we experience dealing with infertility. I hope you are able to relax and enjoy the process soon. For me, I finally allowed myself to relax after my anatomy scan at 18 weeks, but I still get plagued with some unhealthy/negative thoughts at times. Hang in there, we are all rooting for you!
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • Options
    @JWatt5 So glad you are getting some good medical help! Keeping my fingers crossed for your RE's reassurances! Keep us posted.

AFM, I had my final appointment with my RE today. Bittersweet but so happy. She did a sono and baby is measuring right on target at 7w+1. Heartbeat was 142 and we got to hear it. It was so amazing!! I go see an OB tomorrow, hopefully a good one. Things are good. I feel good today! I am counting myself lucky!
    *TW below*
    Me: 40 DH: 38
    TTC since November 2012
    BFP IUI Cycle 2 Dec 2016
    Baby Boy Due Sept 12 2017
    Elias (Eli) born 9/2/17 at 7:07pm weight 8lbs 10oz and 20.5 inches long!!

• Options
    9 weeks today. Had an ultrasound today and my final appointment with my fertility doctors. I have graduated to my regular ob. Heartbeat was 180! Yay! Stopping progesterone injections feb 1st double yay! Next appointment is Feb 20th. No major symptoms just tired.

As for the question of the week EVERYTHING from clothes to furniture to bedding I've thought about it all and started browsing for it too. 
  • Options
    1. How far along are you? What is your EDD? 12 weeks, 1 day. EDD is August 8th
    2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?  Most of my unfun symptoms have subsided. Nausea is mostly gone, energy is back! Now I can't seem to eat much in one sitting. It is like my appetite is strong, but my stomach gets full fast, then I'm starving again a couple hours later  :/  I am just guessing, but this one probably doesn't get better, but worse  ;) So I am trying to eat small frequent meals. Also on occasion when I sneeze hard or cough hard it sends so major shooting pain in my pelvis, like things are being pulled on. My RE warned my this would be coming, but it still catches me by surprise. Food aversions, oh my! I used to eat eggs almost everyday, now the thought of them make me queasy. I can't see/touch/small raw meat, YUCK! And grilled chicken is quite off putting. I have found meat in general difficult to eat, but that is getting better on some fronts. Which I am so thankful for because I need the protein! Baby is about to kick into grow mode, so I'm trying to stomach as much protein as possible and cool down a bit on the carbs. 
    3. When is your next appointment? Feb 2nd, and I CANNOT WAIT! We are doing some of the early genetics testing, so I have a pretty lengthy detailed sono with a genetics specialist, and blood work. I am so excited to see my babe again, and to find out gender! We should know around Valentine's Day. Last appointment was my first with my OB. It was at 10 weeks and I didn't know if she would even do a sono since I had one at 6 and 8 weeks with my RE. So i told DH he didn't need to worry about coming since he was so busy at work. Then I felt awful bc she did do a sono, and it was the coolest one yet. It really looked like a baby and was moving around and waving arms. I was so sad I had encouraged him to miss it. So really looking forward to next week, and seeing his mind blown! The last one he saw baby was just a little blob with a heartbeat :)
    4. Anything else you'd like to share? Gosh I feel like I have shared a lot in this post already :D  I am starting to feel a little more confident with this pregnancy. I shared our news within my group of managers at work. I had really hoped to wait until we were officially in the 2nd trimester, but timing worked better to just do it this week, and ½ of them knew anyway. It is pretty easy to get outted in my job. I am a nurse and often we have patients that are positive for CMV, which is a virus you don't want to contract while pregnant. So pregnant caregivers are not allowed into those patient rooms. At least twice since our transfer I have found myself in a situation that I have to tell someone I am pregnant because they are wanting me to help them in a room with a CMV patient. Oh well, nothing I can do about that!

QOTW: What's the #1 baby item you have thought the most about while you waited for this wonderful little miracle to happen?  I really like to sew, and as soon as I find out gender I am going to get to work on a baby quilt. I have dreamed of making one for my own child but just have found the time to get started. Now that we are actually pregnant, I want to know the gender first. I am also really looking forward to putting the nursery together. Like @ChristinaV2015 I have been waiting so long to make a spare room a nursery. I have held off putting anything in that room except a bed since we moved in because I keep thinking our pregnancy could be just around the corner! That was 3 years ago, but now we are finally here!

@JWatt5 I finally got some energy back and cleaned my house too this last weekend! It was soooo dirty, and it felt so good to do it! Hope you are getting some good rest and your appointment goes stellar at your RE tomorrow!

@oxinfree and @DDRGirlie I am with you in the anxiety boat! It is so nice to have this community for support! It is so hard when people really don't get what we go through with infertility. I am currently struggling with this with my MIL. She does know that we tried for a long time to get pregnant, and does know that we went through IVF, but she does not understand. Mostly she does not understand my fear of MC. We told our parents the day we found out because they knew what we were going through. However we made it very clear this was obviously not news we were sharing for a while. When we were home over Christmas I found out she had told several of her friends about our pregnancy and our infertility! I was soooo crushed and hurt :( And she just did not get it! UGH, I am still trying to forgive her, but it just still makes me so mad. I just felt so exposed and betrayed. It just makes me regret letting DH tell her anything :/  

@oxinfree  sorry to hear your fur baby has fleas! Just want to warn you of a med called Trifexus. Several years ago we switched to it from Frontline, and it caused my pup to have seizures! He had never had any before, but had 2 in 3 months after starting the med. My vet told me she had heard there was some link btw seizures and this med in some dogs, so we stopped it immediately, and he has not had a seizure since (probably 2 years)! I don't think it does this with every dog, obviously or it wouldn't be on the market, but it did for my dog, so I always warn people of it!

Sorry for the novel today ladies! I will post next week for the last time in this board before moving to 2nd tri board! EEEK! Good luck to all this week with symptoms, appointments, and anxieties! I think about you ladies often! H&H 9months to all!
  • Options
    @wifeinraleigh28 thank you for those reassuring words... they really did help. <3 

@hopetobeashraderfamily - congrats on a great 7w ultrasound appointment! so fantastic. 

@tiffavis12 - so amazing! I can't wait to be off PIO but at the same time am terrified for that day haha. Double edged sword. 

@ljsmith805 - I'm a carb fiend right now... totally relate to being put off by protein. I just want potatoes and candy haha... well let's be honest... I really just want a donut but that's not going to happen (I am highly gluten-intolerant). We're also doing the genetic testing and will find out gender at around 12 weeks... I can't wait :) so excited for you! So soon! :) ps. thanks for the warning on Trifexus - I'll steer clear... scary. 
    ---
    Started TTC April 2011

• TW below
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

• Options
    @oxinfree yes i hear you about being worried as well as happy but I trust my doctors to know whats best
  • Options
    I've been reading all week and just realized I'd forgotten to post my update again. Can't blame it all on work this week either.

1. How far along are you? What is your EDD? 12 weeks 4 days, 8/5/17
    2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having? Starting to get hungry. Also having food aversions right now. Some days things taste great and the next even the thought makes me feel sick. Started to naseaous more now too and more tired! It's like I'm backwards in experiencing symptoms.
    3. When is your next appointment? Next Friday!
    4. Anything else you'd like to share? Had a scare today. Started spotting and didn't stop all day. Luckily my ob got me in for an ultrasound and I got to see that everything is okay with the baby. Still having the spotting, but it seems a little less. Hopefully it's done with. That was way too scary today.
  • Options
    @oxinfree sorry about your dog having fleas. Things just stop working sometimes or cause other reactions over time. Our dog was on revolution for almost 8 years before he developed an allergy to it. Every time I would put it on him he would run about the house like a maniac trying to get it off. We switched to an oral flea/tick/heart worm preventative.

@ljsmith805 I think people's own insecurities and lack of knowledge makes them say stupid things about infertility. Sorry about your MIL. Sometimes you just need to speak up. My mom kept referring to our IUI as a "turkey baster" procedure. Once I told her how hurtful that was and really explained what goes into it she changed her tune. I think she just honestly didn't know and was really uncomfortable so she used humor to talk to me about it. 

Ughhh these headaches this week. It's pretty rare for me to get a headache in general. This week I've had two that were pretty bad. Only thing that helps is Tylenol and just going to bed. I'm thinking that my thyroid has gone wacky again because this has happened to me in the past. Time to get blood work on Saturday.
  • Options
    JWatt5JWatt5 member
    edited January 2017
    @arb425 my head is pounding right now too. The Tylenol helps but it's not kicking it. 

Just had my US and all is fine with the baby - no sign of a reason for the bleed so let's hope it doesn't happen again!! Happy everything is ok with you too @persnickity
    TTC #1 07.2015
    TTC #2 06.2019

• Options
    ARB425ARB425 member
    edited January 2017
    @jwatt5 I can't even begin to imagine how you have been feeling lately. Hopefully things are starting to get better for you! So far today has been good. My husband keeps blaming it on that I'm not eating enough but I am. We literally just totaled up my calories for the day while eating dinner. I've tried explaining surges in hormones can cause headaches among a host of other things!
  • Options
    @ARB425 - thanks. Thins have been a bit rocky the last bit but I think we're over the hard stuff (I hope!! Hehe) with the headaches -  my boss even says oh well it's not like the weather is bad like when most people get headaches...men. Haha. Stop trying to rationalize my hormones - you just can't haha 
    TTC #1 07.2015
    TTC #2 06.2019