March 2017 Moms

Big Ole Feet?

I think it's officially come to the point where I need to invest in at least a pair or two of bigger shoes. I work in an office outside DC, and just can't get away with sneakers or flip-flops from now til mid-March. The main issue isn't the length of my feet, though, it's the width.

Anyone else upgrading to wide width at least temporarily? Found any great deals/super comfy shoes to take us from now til the end? Everything I've found has been $40+, and it just annoys me to spend money on shoes I'm REALLY hoping I won't need come April.
Me: 30, mild DOR
Him: 31, totes fine.
IUI #1: 5 follicles, cycle cancelled :-/
IUI #2: 1 follicle, BFP, chemical
IVF #1: 12 follicles, 9 eggs, 1 fresh 5dt and 4 on ice. BFP, beta #1: 326, beta #2: 841 

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Big Ole Feet?

• I hear ya! It's not that my feet have grown in size necessarily... they are just so incredibly swollen! It's seriously kind of disturbing... I bought a pair of flats a size too big at Payless Shoe Store for $20 and will deal with those until the swelling subsides. 
  • Yep.  I've been wearing Toms through my office for the last couple of months.  I NEED comfort.
  • Loading the player...
  • I wear either slip ons or lace ups. I've tried wearing my boots but end up kicking them off under my desk after a couple hours. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • I'm always hot anyway, so I usually just wear flats with insoles in them for some extra support. 
  • I wore crocs last pregnancy.  They actually have dressy options that are pretty cute now.  I'm going to
    order myself another pair any day now!
  • I've been wearing nothing but UGG style boots to work for months now because my feet swell sooo bad during the day!

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• Thank goodness my feet haven't seemed to swell or get bigger **knocks on wood**  I've been wearing lots of compression socks as well.
    Me (37) Hubby (39) Married since 4.2009
    EP:  2.17.2016
    DS:  3.4.2017

Pregnancy TickerDD: due 7.16.2019

• It's bad today. Real bad. I have ankle rolls.

IVF #1: 12 follicles, 9 eggs, 1 fresh 5dt and 4 on ice. BFP, beta #1: 326, beta #2: 841 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @UnicornsPlease Keep an eye out for DSW coupons. Maybe raid Bailey's Crossroads, they have a DSW, TJ Maxx, Burlington Coat Factory, and Target all right there. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • lcarp203 said:
    I wore crocs last pregnancy.  They actually have dressy options that are pretty cute now.  I'm going to
    order myself another pair any day now!
    Ditto. The crocs that look like flats are what I wore. This time around I'm pretty much wearing my running shoes all the time. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I wore flip flops the entire last month of my pregnancy last time.
    In January. To work.
    The struggle is real! 
    In all seriousness my shoe size changed from an 8 to an 8.5 or 9 and never changed back. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @UnicornsPlease That's what my feet look like at the end of EVERY day! It grosses me out!

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• @SienaC It's become an everyday thing for me too, as of this week. My husband rubs them after dinner, which helps the swelling in my feet but leaves enormous ankles--so I've got normal looking feet topped by what looks like ankle tumors. 

I tried to order some bigger shoes from Amazon, but they didn't work either. It looks like I'm going full boot-slipper from here on out. 

Pregnancy Ticker