Pregnant after IF
Options

2nd Trimester Check-in: Week of Jan. 23

Colleen0516Colleen0516 member
edited January 2017 in Pregnant after IF
This is a weekly check-in for those in their 2nd trimester: weeks 14 through the end of week 27.

Congrats to all the strong ladies who have made it this far! It's such a great feeling and we've all accomplished so much! We are now 1 week closer to the end of this especially long journey we call "infertility".

Please post below a little about yourself, how many beans you have growing inside, if you have found out the sex(es) and what your EDD is. Please also let us know how far you've made it on your journey and when your next appointment is and what for. If I'm missing anyone from this list, please let me know and I will add you.

Mommies to be:
@AandDM2014 EDD 3/10/17 with 2 girls and 1 boy! 
@Knottie36622473 EDD 4/13/17 with 1 girl!
@Rachnan EDD 4/13/17 with 1 boy!
@babylonghorn16 EDD 4/16/17 with 1 bean!
@Happydays13 EDD 4/19/17 with 2 girls!
@ADRIANAC1982 EDD 4/28/17 with 1 boy!
@BornReady EDD 4/28/17 with 1 girl!
@Steff_99 EDD 4/30/17 with 1 bean!
@frustrated and ttc EDD 3/27/17 with 2 girls! 
@clt2pmw11 EDD 5/1/17 with 1 bean!
@flanenrs1 EDD 5/3/17 with maybe 1 girl!
@BlueEyedDreamer EDD 5/5/17 with 1 boy!
@PNW12RN EDD 5/8/17 with 1 girl!
@cato99 EDD 5/9/17 with 1 girl!
@kelrauh EDD 5/14/17 with 1 boy and 1 girl!
@alaaronson EDD 5/19/17 with 1 boy!
@chickyclg EDD 5/20/17 with 1 bean!
@marissy8 EDD 5/21/17 with 1 girl!
@wifeinraleigh28 EDD 6/3/17 with 1 girl!
@MelD17011 EDD 6/8/17 with 1 boy!
@beckij34 EDD 4/13/17 with 1 boy!
@JaneJane EDD 6/14/17 with 2 boys!
@kdanjou EDD 6/19/17 with 1 bean!
@rmarble23 EDD 6/20/17 with 1 bean!
@mjacks16 EDD 7/8/17 with 1 boy!
@Nellin EDD 7/8/17 with 1 bean!
@Colleen0516 EDD 7/12/17 with 2 beans!
@taradise99 EDD 7/16/17 with 2 beans!
@MicronesianMamma EDD 7/21/17 with 1 boy!
@byrneme EDD 7/25/17 with 1 bean!

QOTW: What has been your significant others favorite pregnancy moment so far? 
(sorry if this is a repeat-- new to 2nd tri board, only posting this week :smile:)
Me 30 || DH 36
Unexplained Infertility- Postive for MTHFR Gene Mutation

Natural cycles with 1 miscarriage
-3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
-IVF #1-Follistim and Menopur= BFN
***11 Eggs, 10 mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 1 (day 5) 2 made it to freeze
-FET #1- Transferred 2, day 5 embryos =BFN
-IVF #2- Follistim and Menopur = BFN
***11 retrieved, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, transferred 2 (day 3), 4 made it to freeze (Follistim and Menopur) = BFN
-FET #2- Transferred 2, day 3 embryos = BFN
**Changed doctor**
-IUI #4- natural cycle = BFN
-IUI #5- Follistim (5 eggs) BFP- lead to Miscarriage  :'(
-Laproscopic Surgery for Endometriosis, Polyp removal and Cyst removal. 
-IVF #3- Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, Ganirellex- BFP lead to Eptopic Pregnancy  :'(
***11 Eggs retrieved, 10 Mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 3 embryos (day 3), 0 made it to freeze
-Lapropscopic surgery- Removal of Fallopian Tube
-IVF #4- Estrogen Priming with Vivelle dot, Menopur, Follistim, Ganirellex- BFP  :)
***15 Eggs retreived, 11 mature, 11 fertilized, 2 embryos transferred (day 3), 2 made it to freeze
Found out I was positive for MTHFR Gene Mutation during TWW of IVF #4

Re: 2nd Trimester Check-in: Week of Jan. 23

• Options
    Morning ladies! This is my first week posting @Colleen0516 and I'm thrilled to have made it over to the 2nd tri board!!

I'm 13w6d with one little bean (who is apparently the size of a lemon right now) due 7/25/17 - team green here, we aren't finding out the sex (much to the dismay of my DH). My next appointment is Thursday - it's my first true routine OB appointment. Does anyone have any questions that I should be asking? I have a few myself - should I be adding Omega-3 supplements and what is this weird pain at the base of my spine but, beyond that, I'm stuck!

QOTW - I think that my DH's favorite moment is after every appointment when I'm calm and not worrying lol. In all seriousness though, I think it was just the confirmation from our RE that it worked - with only one embryo this was it - or when we first heard the heartbeat.
    *** TW**

Me: 37, DH:39
    Met: 2002 | Married: 2004 | TTC since January 2014
    July 2015: MMC @ 9 wks | August 2015: Chemical
    March, April, May & June 2016: Medicated IUIs | BFN 
    August 2016: Started Stims 8/22
    September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
    November 7, 2016: FET - BFP!
    EDD 7/25/17
    Zoey Alexis born 7/25/17 @ 12:39 PM | 7lbs 14oz | 19 inches
  • Options
    Hey friends! I am 26 weeks today. Super excited to be moving on to the 3rd trimester after next week. Some days I can't believe I'm here already, and some days I think, "my god, I've been pregnant forever!" 28 weeks is my next appointment and they are having me do the glucose test again (I did one early because of PCOS). Everything was good last time, so I'm hoping all is good this time. This week I'm dealing with rlp directly behind my pubic bone. It doesn't feel awesome.

@byrneme Sorry about your pain. I had some severe back pain for awhile, but it has tapered off, thank God! I hope yours does too.

QOTW Dh was really cute the other day when he finally got to witness Charlie kicking really hard. My stomach jumped out and he couldn't believe it. He had felt him kick before, but each time it was a very light flutter. This was a strong one and I think that made the baby more real to him. Since then he has been talking to Charlie and singing I him. So cute!
    DX PCOS + mild male factor
    TTC since Dec. 2015
    Current Treatment: Metformin, Provera, Letrozole, Trigger, IUI
    Past Treatment: Clomid + Metformin x 3 BFN
    Letrozole 5 mg + Trigger shot + IUI = BFP!
    Beta confirmed 8/22
    EDD 5/1/17
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yay, @byrneme! The transition to 2nd Tri is an exciting moment!! :smile:

@clt2pwm11 aww that is adorable!! My husband rubs my belly and talks to the babies a lot- and it melts my heart. I wish I could be pregnant forever in those moments. Then I get the pregnancy headaches and reconsider those thoughts haha! I can't wait for him to feel the babies move- I cant wait until I actually feel the babies too!
    Me 30 || DH 36

-3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    ***11 retrieved, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, transferred 2 (day 3), 4 made it to freeze (Follistim and Menopur) = BFN
    **Changed doctor**
    -IVF #3- Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, Ganirellex- BFP lead to Eptopic Pregnancy  :'(
    ***11 Eggs retrieved, 10 Mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 3 embryos (day 3), 0 made it to freeze
    -IVF #4- Estrogen Priming with Vivelle dot, Menopur, Follistim, Ganirellex- BFP  :)
    ***15 Eggs retreived, 11 mature, 11 fertilized, 2 embryos transferred (day 3), 2 made it to freeze

• Options
    Hi, all! I'm 25+3 with one baby boy. My next appointment is when I am 28 weeks and will include my glucose challenge test. I've been enjoying feeling our little guy move a lot - he is very active! I'm back on diclegis (boooooo), so I'm feeling really lethargic. But the nausea is starting to subside a little bit, so that's good.

I posted this in the randoms thread last week, but I tried out some prenatal aquatics (swimming) classes at our local gym last week, and it's so much fun! Being in the water takes all the pressure off of joints and ligaments - it's a good, comfortable way to get some cardio. I highly recommend trying it out if anything like this is available in your area!

@byrneme For the back pain, I recommend a heating pad on low heat and considering a visit to a prenatal-friendly chiropractor. It is unbelievable how much less pain I'm in since I started seeing my new chiropractor! It's made a huge difference in getting better sleep, too.

@clt2pwm11 I totally relate to your feelings about how fast/slow the time is going by! Sometimes I can't believe I'm already nearing the end of 2nd tri and other times I feel like this pregnancy is going to last forever!!! I'm trying to savor the sweet parts of this pregnancy since it is likely to be my last, but it hasn't been the easiest pregnancy to enjoy with my continuing nausea... And I can't help but look forward to DS2's arrival! :) 
    *** Trigger Warnings ***

TTC #1 since March 2011
    Dx = Unexplained IF
    1 medicated TI cycle & 4 clomid IUIs = all BFNs
    June 2013 IVF #1 = 6 frosties + BFP!
    DS1 born 2/14

TTC #2 since December 2014
    May 2015 unassisted BFP ended in m/c at 7wks
    April 2016 FET #1 = BFN
    June 2016 FET #2 = c/p
    August 2016 FET #3 = BFP!
    DS2 born 4/17
  • Options
    kelrauhkelrauh member
    edited January 2017
    I am 22+1 weeks today. I have an appointment Wednesday, which I believe is another A/S as it has 90 minutes allotted. I am still fighting this sinus infection, I have never been brought down for 2 full weeks for a sinus infection. I hope that it clears up soon as I have been on antibiotics for 5 days. I am starting to feel more regular movements from boy and sporadic from girl. 

QOTW: I think DH's favorite part this far has been when we found out we were having twins. He lit up like I have never seen him light up before a few tears were in there too. Though the other day I feel like could be one of our special moments, DH had his head on my belly talking to the babies and all of a sudden little girl balled up right next to his face. He hasn't felt her move as she has an anterior placenta (I haven't felt her move too much). It melted my heart, because in my mind she had to have heard and felt him right there and moved over to him.

@BlueEyedDreamer - I went off of Diclegis last week and I have had no appetite again and nausea is back. I am afraid to loose weight, so if its not better this week I might bite the bullet and order some more. 

**Trigger warning**

Age: 25 DH: 28 Together since 2011, Married May 2014 and TTC since April 2015

MFI (3% morphology) 

3/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

4/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

6/16 IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

8/19/16 - IVF - 

• Retrieval 9/4
    • Transfer 9/6
    • 9/16 - BFP 1st Beta -110 
    • 9/20 - 2nd beta - 762
    • TWINS!!!! EDD 5/28/2017

• Options
    Hi all,
    I'm 16 weeks this week and half way in between a month gap of appointments which feels like a million years. I'm desperately waiting to feel my little bean as that will reassure me that s/he is still trucking along in there. My symptoms are still very minimal, just some sinus pain and some RL pain. 
    We are going on holiday today! It will be madness with lots of catching up with old friends and getting to announce in person which will be lovely but hopefully we will also have some nice downtime together. I'm interested to see how much weight I gain in a week - I've gained very little so far but a week of eating out might deal to that! 

I think that first early scan where you could see that tiny flickering heartbeat would be my partner's favourite moment. Until we got to the car and I collapsed in hysterics and had to convince him that I really was happy.
  • Options
    @kelrauhI hope that you don't have to go back on it! I tried going off of the diclegis a couple of times, but I ended up losing weight. And Zofran gave me crazy constipation. So I'm thinking I'll just keep dealing with the diclegis and all its side effects for now. Not fun, but at least I have somewhat of an appetite...

@Nellin Have a great trip! Sounds like fun!

I forgot to answer the QOTW: I think my favorite was when we first found out FET #3 worked. We went in for my beta blood draw and then I took a test when we got home. I was convinced it hadn't worked b/c I had NO symptoms whatsoever. So I threw the test on the counter and said, "See? It's negative. No lines." And my husband says, "Um, are you sure? There are lines ALL OVER THIS THING! Look at all these LINES!" I looked, and we both started crying - it was hilarious.
    *** Trigger Warnings ***

TTC #1 since March 2011
    Dx = Unexplained IF
    DS1 born 2/14

April 2016 FET #1 = BFN
    June 2016 FET #2 = c/p
    DS2 born 4/17
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Hey everyone! @Colleen0516 Thank you so much for doing the check-in this week!

DH and I are on our baby moon at Disney and having such a magical time. I'm 21+2 today. Our baby has been so active lately, I absolutely love feeling her kick. DH has felt her a few times too. Most amazing feeling I've ever experienced. Last night after we came back to our room and I was lying in bed, she was kicking so hard that I could actually watch my stomach move around. So wonderful. I think she loves being at Disney as much as we do! This trip has been so different for DH and me because we're pretty much just day dreaming the entire time about what it will be like to bring our little girl here the next time we visit. We even bought her a pair of infant Minnie ears and got her name engraved on them. :smiley:

Next appointment is on the 31st for our fetal echo. Always love the chance to look at our baby! Hoping and praying that all is well with our little girl's heart.

QOTW: I just asked him. His first response was that nothing beat when we got the call and found out we were pregnant. But he said the most emotional moment for him was seeing our baby on the screen at our first MFM appointment. Our previous ultrasounds didn't really show more than a blob, but at that ultrasound (when I was about 11 weeks), she actually looked like a little human. And we got our first 3D pictures then too. So cool!

Edited to say welcome to @byrneme! I get lower back pain too and I love my heating pad. I have the rice kind that you stick in the microwave for 3 minutes. I also see a chiropractor every 1-2 weeks and that helps too. I don't think I would be able to survive walking around all these Disney parks if it wasn't for my chiropractor!
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • Options
    I am 18w6d today with 1 bean that will hopefully be sexed tomorrow (if thats really a word) AS is tomorrow :)  I am excited to figure out if my intuition has been correct the entire time.  no real symptoms other than heartburn and a little sad i haven't felt movement yet, or that i think is movement.

QOTW:  DH isn't big on showing emotions so no real excitement has come out yet but maybe after tomorrow things will be more real knowing  if its a he or a she.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice ladies! I do have a heating pad, I will definitely give it a try. I had a lot of physical labor at work today (totally out of my norm) and I'm feeling it tonight. I also downloaded a list of pre-natal certified chiros in my area and, something I've been waiting for the minute I crossed into the 2nd tri, booked a 90 minute massage.
    *** TW**

Me: 37, DH:39
    Met: 2002 | Married: 2004 | TTC since January 2014
    July 2015: MMC @ 9 wks | August 2015: Chemical
    March, April, May & June 2016: Medicated IUIs | BFN 
    August 2016: Started Stims 8/22
    September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
    November 7, 2016: FET - BFP!
    EDD 7/25/17
    Zoey Alexis born 7/25/17 @ 12:39 PM | 7lbs 14oz | 19 inches
  • Options
    To answer the QOTW....I don't have a DH/SO. My mom is my support person along with my little sister. I conceived via IUI with donor sperm. I've been single/on my own since I divorced my ex 7 years ago. I conceived on my third IUI. If it didn't work I had some serious decisions to make. Anyways, the best moments would be seeing and hearing my mom and sister cry and scream when I told them I was pregnant. Only two other people outside of myself and the fertility clinic knew I was going through with my third IUI. I had no hope of it taking and didn't see any point in getting anyone's hopes up but God had other plans and answered a long held prayer. The other moment would be my mom and sister bawling at my first ultrasound. I cried afterwards, lol. I was too enamored with what was going on too cry. I am 20wks today and I'll find out tomorrow whether baby is a boy or girl. My mom and siblings are team blue and I'm team I don't care, lol. I've had a hard time feeling connected to this baby and to being pregnant since I've had very little symptoms (just slight aches and pressure here and there) but the further along I get the more I'm starting to feel more connected and I cannot wait for tomorrow so I can put a name to baby. 
  • Options
    Hello all.  I am 19 weeks now.  I've been feeling sporadic movement for a few weeks, just little pokes and rolls.  I can't wait until they are stronger and more regular.  We've been dealing with a stomach bug for the past few days so it has been hellish here.  I finally got some sleep last night so I feel ok today.
    QOTW: What has been your significant others favorite pregnancy moment so far? 
    I think it was our last ultrasound around 9 weeks.  He loves to see the baby.  I can't wait for our a/s next week!
    MC Sept 2010
    BFP Oct 2011 - DD born July 2012
    TTC again since July 2014
    First IUI 9/26/16:  BFP!
    EDD 6/19/2017
    It's a girl!
    Born 6/26/17, 9lb 5oz
  • Options
    @beckij34 aww that's so sweet that they are so emotionally invested with you!! I love that they came to the sonogram with you. I want to bring my mom to one. Keep us posted on whether its a boy or a girl!!! :smile:
    Me 30 || DH 36

-3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    **Changed doctor**

• Options
    @BlueEyedDreamer - I am hoping I do not have to go back on it, but I have no appetite again. I had a few weeks where all I wanted to do was eat. That changed within 2 days of going off the diclegis, I am eating about half of what I did a week ago. After a few weeks on Diclegis I got used to the side effects, as I only took the two at night and it seemed to get me though the work day. If I start loosing weight I will have to deal with the tiredness again for a few weeks. My main reason for going off of it is that I have to pay for it out of pocket. I used foundation care which lowered it to $1 a pill, but I don't know if they would do a refill at that price, and I am not paying $500 for a month's supply. 

**Trigger warning**

MFI (3% morphology) 

8/19/16 - IVF - 

• Retrieval 9/4
    • Transfer 9/6
    • 9/20 - 2nd beta - 762

• Options
    @byrnem Welcome to the second tri!!

I am 16 weeks with 1 baby boy. My cold finally decided to start going away, I only have a bit of mild congestion at this point. Yay. The lower back pain has started and is bad when I have to stand for periods of time. I commute on the subway and end up standing because it's so full - I need to start showing, so people will give me their seat. I have an early AS tomorrow, my doc likes to do two, so one now and one at 20-22 weeks. I'm so excited to see the bean again and check everything is moving along. 

QOTW: When my DH came to my NT scan and was like, oh my gosh, it's real, it's moving, it looks like a baby!! He had only been to an early scan and saw a blob, so it made it real to him to see a tiny human. The tech thought it was so cute. 
  • Options
    Welcome! @byrneme

Can you please add me to the original post? @Colleen0516 My first post here was late last week  :) Thanks!

I am 14w4d with a baby boy! I'm still feeling great so I'm hoping this means nausea and constant exhaustion are gone for good! I do need to visit the dentist however, my TMJ is getting really bad. I'm not sure what about pregnancy is making it worse but it hurts and my jaw is now ginding/popping every time I open my mouth.I don't have another OB appointment till 2/10 and I'm really hoping these 2+ weeks fly by. 

QOTW: Definitely our NT scan since it was much more detailed and we got to see our active baby boy from many angles and received confirmation that everything looks good with the 2 of us. He was also really excited last week when we found out we're having a boy. We had discussed not telling people and revealing the gender at the shower but he ended up texting most of his friends within the hour. I don't know how we thought we could keep it a secret for so long b/c we were both itching to share the news right away. 

@kelrauh My OB office provides all of their patients with a handout containing the combination of over the counter medications used in diclegis and the dosages since they know it's costly and not covered by insurance. I don't have the information with me but I can post it when I get home just in case you or anyone else is interested.

• Options
    I am 24+6 today with a little girl.  Battling my SECOND cold in 3 weeks!  Not a happy camper.  I know I got both of them from people at work, and I am really done with this.  So glad I've been OK'd to take Robitussin and Sudafed.  I'm not a medication person at ALL, but I've been so miserable that I finally broke down and started meds.  I did go to my PCP yesterday just to make sure this wasn't morphing into bronchitis or pneumonia--I've had both in the past and really don't want to go down that road.  Everything was fine, except I've lost about 2 pounds since my last OB appointment.  No appetite at all, but I'm doing really well with fluid intake, so I added in some Odwalla and Naked smoothies with protein to give me a little more nutrition.

Lets's see, for QOTW.... I think for my husband it was definitely the 20 week AS.  She was so mobile and ornery (kept blocking her face from our view with her hand and would roll away when we tried to get a better view) and baby looking it finally hit him that this is real and there will be a little girl here in a few short months.  A co worker of mine told me she saw him at work later that day (we both work in the same hospital), and he was just beaming talking to her about our US.
    Me: Age 40  Husband: Age 41
    Chemo killed my ovaries (along with a BRCA1 mutation, which causes DOR)
    4/30/13 ER just prior to chemo: 8 embryos frozen at 2pn. 2 survived to blasts/1 PGS normal

4/16 ER cancelled on CD7: 1 follicle on L/ 0 follicles on R
    FET #1  7/13/16  BFN

Super shocker +HPT 9/19
    Baby Alyce arrived 5/8/17

Went forward with donor eggs from my sister for baby #2
    ER 4/24, 5 eggs fertilized/1 survived to blast and was chromosomally normal.

FET 2/15 (my sister/donor's birthday!).  Beta 10dp5dt:172; beta 12dp5dt: 425

My TTC/Cancer/Random thoughts blog:  http://www.dinktodiapers.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    @MicronesianMamma - Thank you!

@PNW12RN - I am sorry for your 2nd cold. I had a cold that turned into an upper respiratory infection. I am just now starting to feel like a human after 3 weeks. I took Robitussin, slathered Vicks rub on and saline nose spray to make it so that I could sleep at night

**Trigger warning**

MFI (3% morphology) 

8/19/16 - IVF - 

• Retrieval 9/4
    • Transfer 9/6
    • 9/20 - 2nd beta - 762

• Options
    @PNW12RN Sorry you're sick again. I am too actually, and on our baby moon no less. This is my 3rd time getting sick this pregnancy. The last cold I had was so horrific and lasted about 3 weeks. I was so miserable. So far this one doesn't seem to be quite as bad as the last one though thank God. But I would prefer to feel healthy while at Disney! Anyway, hope we both feel better soon and please no more illnesses during pregnancy!

• Options
    @MicronesianMamma sure!! Whts you're due date?? ANd do you know gender yet? 
    Me 30 || DH 36

-3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    **Changed doctor**

• Options
    Thx!! @Colleen0516 EDD is 7/21. And boy!
  • Options
    Hi laides. I am 16 weeks pregnant with twins :smile: Still in the long wait for another sonogram. But my belly is unreal. I am SHOCKED how pregnant I look. I keep thinking, I am just gaining weight- it must be fat, but then I go to the OB and I dont gain any weigh. Last appointment I actually LOST 1 pound. They said the babies are taking it all. So it must be belly- so crazy. I LOVE It- but I am in denial still. 

Question: What is everyone's thoughts on a massage in the second trimester? 
    Specially, a reflexology massage. In NY we have Reflexology foot spas. Its not a traditional massage. You leave your shirt and pants on, they do your neck, shoulders, arms and back, then you lay down and they do reflexology on your feet and legs. Usually they flip you to your belly at the end and they do your back for 10 minutes but when your pregnant, they obviously don't. Ive seen pregnant ladies there before. I asked my doctor and he said "why not? just tell them you are pregnant" So I know that should be the go ahead to get it, but im still nervous. 

My body is just so unbelievably sore. I ache. I get a neck massage with my manicure each week and it helps, but I want a real massage. I would love and welcome opinions-- good and bad!! dont hold back :win
    Me 30 || DH 36

-3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    **Changed doctor**

• Options
    @kelrauhThe diclegis makes me tired, but it also gives me restless legs. So I'm basically tired all the time but can't sleep! It's gotten better since I decreased my dosage, though. That sucks that the diclegis is so expensive. I lucked out with my insurance coverage on that one. Have you asked about changing over to Zofran or something that might be covered? Once you're in second tri, the risks of zofran go way down. 

@MicronesianMamma I tried the "home made" version of diclegis, and it did not do the trick for me, other than making me feel like a complete zombie. Something about the diclegis makes it "slow release" and apparently that helps for some reason. Hopefully others have a different experience, as the price difference is enormous!

@Colleen0516 I had a wonderful back massage at my chiropractor last week. They are trained in prenatal massage and know what acupressure points to avoid, etc. They also have an awesome pillow with cutouts in all the right places that makes it so that you can lay on your belly for massages and chiropractic treatments. I'd just make sure whoever you are dealing with a) knows you're pregnant and b) is specifically trained for prenatal massage. Make sure your manicurist knows you're pregnant, too, because one of the acupressure points that triggers labor is in your shoulders near the base of your neck. For general aches and pains, I highly recommend seeking out a prenatal-friendly chiropractor. I didn't with my first pregnancy and just suffered through it, but I have been so much more comfortable this time around! It's helping me get better sleep, too!
    *** Trigger Warnings ***

TTC #1 since March 2011
    Dx = Unexplained IF
    DS1 born 2/14

April 2016 FET #1 = BFN
    June 2016 FET #2 = c/p
    DS2 born 4/17
  • Options
    Great to see all these fresh faces in second tri! Yay for making it this far! 

Im 26 weeks already! Still can't believe how quickly time flies. I'm getting bigger by the day with this baby girl and trying to enjoy the moments and savour the pregnancy, despite all the hick-ups. My glucose test is coming up on Friday and then another cervical competency check on the 9th. 

I just had my sister and nephew here for 2 weeks. My nephew is 5 months old and the most beautiful baby boy I've ever seen. I just completely fell in love. He totally stole my heart and I've been a tearful mess since they left yesterday. It was lovely to see DH also fall in love with the little one and spend so much time caring for him and playing with him. I never doubted it, but now I can literally picture him as a great dad! 

QOTW: best moment for DH was when we got the positive beta results. His face lit up and he couldn't stop grinning for a week. 

Im sorry to hear your sick on your baby moon @wifeinraleigh28 hope you can enjoy anyway. 

What are your typical aches and pains at the moment? I feel like every day is something else, dizziness, headaches or just general discomfort. I swore I would never complain if I finally got pregnant but it's hard ;) 
    Me: 38, DH: 40 living in Asia
    TTC since March 2015 with known PCOS and MIF
    IVF in 2015. FET nr 3 in 2016 - BFP. Healthy baby girl born in April 2017.
    Trying for nr 2

• Options
    Hi all, I'm 25+ with a girl and other than some headaches, and lower back pain after sitting too long, I've been feeling pretty well. I've been meaning (since, like, week 7 haha) to start prenatal yoga at a center that also offers maternity massages, which I know will help a lot, but at the end of the workday I'm always just so tired--and then on weekends I always feel too busy doing household errands and chores. MAYBE THIS WEEK (as I say every week). 

I kept delaying posting so that I could ask my husband his favorite pregnancy moment, but our work schedules have been long and in the brief morning and evening times I see him I always forget, so I'm going to hazard a guess that it was when we got the phone call for the positive beta. I had "cheated" and taken a HPT (or 80) before the dr appointment, and he had gotten really distressed when I told him all excited that it was positive--a total anticlimax! He didn't fully understand what HPTs and betas measured and all he had absorbed was the dr's instruction not to take an HPT, so he was a bit freaked out that I had gone against dr's orders and was setting myself up for disappointment. So when the blood test and phone call came it wasn't a surprise for me, but for him it was HUGE. 

@flanners1 I misread your "all these fresh faces" in your post above as "fresh tacos" for some reason; this baby is made out of like 70% Mexican food and even though it's 7:30 am I'm feeling a strong urge to make that 72% immediately! 
  • Options
    Welcome to all the new 2 NFL tri moms-to-be!

and so sorry to all those with the colds and congestion running rampant right now. 

@Colleen0516 - I agree with @BlueEyedDreamer, as long as they are knowledgeable about prenatal massage...do it! There are specific pressure points around the ankle to avoid as they can induce contractions. But I've had a massage once a month for the last 4 months and loved it. They use wedges and body pillows so you always feel supported and leave feeling like a new person. 

As for me, I'm 28 weeks today so this will be my last post here and moving over to 3rd trimester! Can't believe how fast it's going....girls are moving a lot and I'm slowing down. Work is getting harder and I'm starting to think I might not make it to 36 weeks before I take off from work, but for now just taking it one day and one doctor visit at a time. See you soon on the 3rd tri board :-)

Me, 38. DH, 46 married 11/14
    TTC since 11/14 for #1
    first RE visit 11/15, me - blocked left tube and Low AMH, DH - low count, motility not great
    1/16 clomid, 3 follicles on left. cancelled iui due to blocked tube
    2/16 Clomid/ovidrel/IUI, 3 follicles - BFN
    3/16 clomid, 4 follicles on left. cancelled iui due to blocked tube
    4/16 Clomid/ovidrel/IUI, 4 follicles but only one on right side 
    5/16 Lupron, gonal f, menopur, dexamethasone (5/19 suppression check: 13 resting follicles; 5/24: estradiol 457 - decreased menopur;    
             5/27: estradiol 1417, progesterone 0.18, 5 follicles >15mm, 9 follicles 5-15mm; 5/30: estradiol 2964, progesterone 0.8, 9 follicles  
              >16mm, 6 follicles 6-11mm; 5/31: estradiol 3149, progesterone 4.1; 6/1 ER)
    6/16 egg retrieval 6/1 (15 eggs, 14 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI); 5 day update (5AB (biopsied and frozen), 4AB/C (biopsied and frozen), 2/3, 3 morula, 1 multicellular); 7 day update (4 frozen and sent for CCS: 5AB, 4AB/C, 5AB, 4BB); CCS results (2 normal, 1 abnormal, 1 inconclusive)
    7/16 attempt to retest inconclusive - didn't survive thaw
    8/16 transfer day 8/1: 2 5AB hatching blasts, beta 8/10 = 250!!, beta #2 8/12 = 572, ultrasound on 8/24...TWINS!

BabyFetus Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Well, I turned 31 today and I couldn't be happier to be 1 year deeper into my 30s. Today was amazing, as DH really spoiled me today for my birthday! This cold I have now doesn't seem to be as bad as the last one I had, thank goodness.

@Colleen0516, like @BlueEyedDreamer said, just make sure the massage therapist knows how to do a prenatal massage, as there are certain trigger points that can cause contractions (which you obviously DON'T want in 2nd tri)! But the massage sounds like a fantastic idea!

@Happydays13 Congrats on making it to 3rd trimester!

• Options
    @beckij34 Yayyy!! Congratulations :heart: I will update the original post with your exciting news!
    Me 30 || DH 36

-3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    **Changed doctor**