February 2017 Moms

Appointments: Week of January 23

Re: Appointments: Week of January 23

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks @Gretchypoo that sort of makes me feel better lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I had my 37 week appointment today. The mfm decided not to do an internal check today. She said regardless if I was dilating, it wouldn't change anything they would decide to do today (since my non-stress test and ultrasound to check fluid looked fine). And they didn't want to find out if my cervix would start bleeding again after my repair last week when the cerclage was removed.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @Gretchypoo and @foxrosy, do we want to know?
    Im kinda curious! Lol
  • I've heard of stray condoms and tampons getting lost but that's all... I'm curious what else could go missing 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ew!! @foxrosy that sounds disgusting. The thought of having a nail file stuck up there for months sounds painful. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I could never do what you do @foxrosy. You're a saint. 
  • We just had to go in for follow up bloodwork because bilirubin levels still weren't going down.  

We should hear back in an hour or so :(
  • @foxrosy Yup- also, people who had inserted their nuva ring and couldn't get it out. Tons of ld tampons, condoms....

@PerraSucia When will you hear results? Keep us posted!
  • @PerraSucia I'm thinking of you and Felix! I hope the blood work comes back with relaxing news, and that the bilirubin levels start going down so, so quickly.  :(
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Gretchypoo hopefully in the next hour. The doctor gave me his personal number to call if we haven't heard from him by 7
  • Hope the levels aren't to high Perra. We went back to the hospital when DD was a week old to go under the billi lights. Fingers crossed you're in the clear!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Fx for better results @PerraSucia!
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • So, regular weekly appointment today. I was worried because my feet have randomly turned purplish by the end of my showers like 3 times this week. 

Apparently, that is fine, as long as it goes away (it does, within 10 minutes out of the shower). Phew. Ok. So I also mention I've been extremely tired, assuming that's normal. Well, tired is normal but let's check your hemoglobin again just in case. 

Well, they checked it and it was down 4.5 points from before. Apparently this is an oddly large drop (they said they were worried the machine was wrong), so now I have to get bloodwork done tomorrow. So, here's hoping their machine was wrong, because they said "If that's right, we need to figure out what's made it drop so much... that's not good." They did not elaborate, so now I'm just worrying and trying to avoid google. I may not stay strong. 
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Prayers for good results @PerraSucia! My 4 year old was hospitalized at 3 days old for severe jaundice. I remember being so scared and so sad not to hold him while under the bili lights.
    I hope your little guy gets through the jaundice asap!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @WinchesterGirl I hope everything checks out ok with the bloodwork, and it was just an error in the reading. Google is rarely ever your friend, when there's something that could be wrong.  You have me curious, though about being tired. Are you just sleepy tired and needing to nap more? I'm just wondering because the last several days I've been taking absurdly long naps, but had just thought it was from the interrupted sleep at night. But wouldn't have thought to mention it to my Dr.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thinking positive thoughts for little Felix @PerraSucia!
  • @PerraSucia I believe it should be after 7 now your time, I'm just checking on your little man. I hope the results were more comforting.  <3
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thinking of you guys and hoping news is good @WinchesterGirl and @PerraSucia!
  • @PerraSucia I'm glad they're going down! Sending good vibes that they continue to do so!!
  • @PerraSucia so glad wee felix's levels are going down! 

@foxrosy seriously a plum & a nail file? Wtaf is wrong with people?! But like most im kinda sorry i asked too! Lol
  • Yay @PerraSucia! Your boobs are magic! 

@kswiger06 It's not like I'm wanting to nap a lot, I just feel like I have no energy. I wake up tired, and by the end of the work day I'm wiped out  (I have a desk job, so physically not demanding). She didn't seem overly worried until the reading came back so much lower than before.
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • jlellis603jlellis603 member
    edited January 2017

Just got back from my regular 36w check up and GBS swab. It wasn't nearly as bad as I imagined, thankfully. Things look fine/the same as the last time I was in for those NSTs. I can officially throw myself a pity party because my Dr. feels bad for me. I'm still not dilated, at a -3 station, and his head is right there and she felt it during the check I guess. She said I have no more room in there since she felt the head but also felt he was up by my ribs too ugh. She didn't mention it out loud but on the visit summary it said I was measuring 35 when I am 36w3d today. From reading here, that isn't much of an issue right? I'm just ready to eat my weight in pineapple, have all the sex, and get this baby outtttttt.

EDIT: because typos.

• @jlellis603 my OB says as long as you are in a 2 week range either way, she's fine with it. At 3 weeks she measures once with an u/s to see because most of the time they are still fine. I have been a week to 2 behind the whole time and my growth scan at like 32 weeks had her at the 40% percentile. So no worries!! (The only reason we did the scan was bc my placenta started out low and they had to make sure it moved up.  So they did one while they were in there.) 
  • @leslie1331 thanks! Yeah I figured it wasn't that big of a deal from hearing chat on here and that my Dr. didn't say anything. I guess I just wanted some news about something.... anything... because I am so miserable
  • @jlellis603 I think the measure your belly with a tape measure has some room for interpretation,  lol.  At 35 weeks,  doctor said I was measuring a little big by the tape measure, and at my 36 week ultrasound he was measuring the small side of average.  

Yay for good bilirubin levels @PerraSucia
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Just got back from my regular 36w check up and GBS swab. It wasn't nearly as bad as I imagined, thankfully. Things look fine/the same as the last time I was in for those NSTs. I can officially throw myself a pity party because my Dr. feels bad for me. I'm still not dilated, at a -3 station, and his head is right there and she felt it during the check I guess. She said I have no more room in there since she felt the head but also felt he was up by my ribs too ugh. She didn't mention it out loud but on the visit summary it said I was measuring 35 when I am 36w3d today. From reading here, that isn't much of an issue right? I'm just ready to eat my weight in pineapple, have all the sex, and get this baby outtttttt.

EDIT: because typos.

I'm 36 and I measure 33. A week to two weeks is completely normal behind or ahead . 

• Had my ultrasound today but really no info was given except that she is head down and not breech. Next appointment isn't till Tuesday so now I have to pace till then lol 

• @leslie1331 thanks! Yeah I figured it wasn't that big of a deal from hearing chat on here and that my Dr. didn't say anything. I guess I just wanted some news about something.... anything... because I am so miserable
    Oh I hear ya on wanting something to be happening! My baby definitely hasn't dropped and my OB even told me not to come in this week. Whomp whomp. Not that I love going, but it's more a reminder nothing is happening at all!!