July 2017 Moms

The Big Maternity Clothes Thread

Re: The Big Maternity Clothes Thread

• @theweevee
    I loved MMlefleur expensive suiting for work--I got two dresses but haven't worn yet because I am just about time, but I like I can wear it after and its machine was, but they don't do jackets, just dresses.

• @Katie______ do they do maternity?  I just dad an article about that business generally.  Seems like a cool concept
  • Loading the player...
  • @mj8215 that is so cute! And so professional. You're going to look great as you grow into it.
  • I really need to go shopping. I have been surviving in leggings and long tops/dresses since I can't button any of my pants. Luckily my office is pretty casual (for women). But, I need to suck it up and invest in a few pairs of maternity dress pants. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • For all you Amazonian women like myself, Old navy just restocked all the sizes on their long maternity pants. 

...I'm still waiting for a handwritten letter from StitchFix apologizing for my shit maternity box. 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • @dancegurl1118 Thanks for the heads up!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @theweevee
    It's called maternity friendly.  So it's regular clothes that have a ton of give.  Yesterday they sent out a pic of one of their staff at 8 months in the georgia 2.0.  For the pic, Visit: https://go.mmlafleur.com/e1t/c/*W2q2Qw334qZYTW80xXqb31pl4F0/*N4f_RsG4nm39VbrnxF1QDkDl0/5/f18dQhb0SbTN8Y9WjMW7MgmXn51wyFDW5sqSgn1CX336W2Rw_FW56HVm-W2KBfjg6mdtshW4cPL6Z49zxYVW8Yztwf8-tPV8VrBQh42MyX6QW4fsHpH8X4phBW2MznrN5nbq6BVGXpVf3-jGNCW7-n_T140T5JbW5LrSc-7vsrCXW1h4t-71ZJdydW9dSlS635rgClW94-4T07sLptqW41TlcR3TwTqCW4H-5db2kGjZwW6qQxZP48BmrHW3DXtbf94q7cqW6VKJl21hC_8gW5lppF55-N2qWN6rtXtkMK_PjW35vGb45gSl6CW7Vgrwl8gtx5DN85WYJFTsFVjW8LVwHs66_jVkW1tbKT62ktsjhW4MNfPB72tqXbW8W5Vs33ZFWg8W2sKTVY5KrHdjW93j4LF5mrXYcW8hGT5Y7W5c5zW3qY36q6k0HsdW4HQRH_8csGDVVD2JBL7gYnk7W3dN53d3sHy4ZW31y5bq49fqnMV84rVz6PxM50W86_qxJ96_g7GW6yncrH276cfZW1-ngHJ3TfGWwW15r3_f2MJ3hZF4QKPCt6Rk5f7cx92C03

I bought Alexandra and Emily.   Katerina and Annabel are two others I considered. They also have sweater for as a jacket-- I didn't love it because I bought one from talbots recently--- it hard structure and is like a suit jacket of sweater, and I think I haven't figured out my maternity role of that.  I like that I can wear it before and after and during kind of. I also got a ponte knit dress from Gap or Old Navy for suiting that looked amazing and was 15, but not as dressy as MM.  You can ask their team about recs for pregnancy and they're super helpful! I did a fiting where they were in town for a pop up and brought me a ton to try on! I brought my husband because it was in a hotel and it felt a little weird.

• @Katie______. I hope I look as good as their pregnant photo model when I'm 8 and 9 months pregnant.  She looks awesome!

I just ordered a bento.  Very exciting!  Thanks for the tip!
  • @theweevee
    I've never bento'd so let me know how it goes. I like their dresses though so I could see doing it. :) And I loved one skirt......but post pregnancy.
  • @Katie______ I've had the Georgia 2.0 in my cart since you mentioned the site. Now that I've seen the pregnancy photo I'm going to go for it.
    Baby Q born on 7/20/2017
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Katie______Katie______ member
    edited January 2017
    OOOOh report back. The other two I bought I haven't worn yet (haven't needed to dress up) but I think georgia 2 is in my future!  @Creedon778

• I guess I'm a glutton for punishment because StitchFix waived my stylist fee for another box so I went ahead AGAIN. I'm so desperate for maternity pants. 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Okay - I got my shipment from Seraphine today.  It looks good!  For those of you who have to wear formal business attire, it's worth taking a look at their website.  I got 5 dresses, 2 maternity belts, and 2 maternity tights.  I have to wait for the little man to go down so that I can try them on and see how they look with my existing jackets and cardigans, so will update later.

One problem with business appropriate maternity dresses that I have found is that the dresses are unlined (see-through) and they are typically made of stretchy synthetic fabric - not the thicker fabrics that give a structured appearance.  Well, I got this one dress that has the weight of suiting fabric and it looks fabulous - can't wait to try it on!

• Okay - I got my shipment from Seraphine today.  It looks good!  For those of you who have to wear formal business attire, it's worth taking a look at their website.  I got 5 dresses, 2 maternity belts, and 2 maternity tights.  I have to wait for the little man to go down so that I can try them on and see how they look with my existing jackets and cardigans, so will update later.

One problem with business appropriate maternity dresses that I have found is that the dresses are unlined (see-through) and they are typically made of stretchy synthetic fabric - not the thicker fabrics that give a structured appearance.  Well, I got this one dress that has the weight of suiting fabric and it looks fabulous - can't wait to try it on!

Ohhh I'm interested to see a picture if you don't mind :) 
  • @mj8215 here's the picture from the website - it fits me above the knee but not as short as on the model - I'm almost 5'4".

• Hi, I had a specific ?. I've found maternity bras and suiting dresses.   What about maternity underwear like panties esp seamless ones for under dresses?  Thanks second time mamas!
    I know motherhood has cotton but I felt like it might be all cotton from what it looked like.

Thanks!
  • Hi, I had a specific ?. I've found maternity bras and suiting dresses.   What about maternity underwear like panties esp seamless ones for under dresses?  Thanks second time mamas!
    I know motherhood has cotton but I felt like it might be all cotton from what it looked like.

Thanks!
    I didn't do maternity underwear - I kept my same size underwear (VS) for the first 2 trimesters (fits very low  - and I don't like underwear that covers my bottom - so no pantylines) and then I just went up to the next size when I got bigger. 

• Thanks @caribbeanmama
    Honestly, VS was a blessing for my last set of bras at the end of first trimester----it was so easy to find my new sizes there (except did have underwires, but that seems ok for now). And target seemed to have some today and some other online spots.  That makes sense and thanks for the underwear advice! I felt like soon I was going to be a size bigger, so that makes sense!
  • Thanks @caribbeanmama
    Honestly, VS was a blessing for my last set of bras at the end of first trimester----it was so easy to find my new sizes there (except did have underwires, but that seems ok for now). And target seemed to have some today and some other online spots.  That makes sense and thanks for the underwear advice! I felt like soon I was going to be a size bigger, so that makes sense!
    I got my maternity bras from VS  too! - (no underwire once I was nursing).  I also got the Bravado nursing bras but the VS bras were softer, more comfortable and did not irritate my skin.  At the end of the third trimester I got a stash of covered underwear from Target for the postpartum period since you have to wear a pad for a while - and those were great during that time.  I'm sure there are lots of other options too - I just went with what I was already used to.
  • I bought my first maternity clothes today. Just two tank tops and a cute striped long sleeve shirt from Target. I think now that I have more of a bump the clothes are fitting a little better. Call me crazy, but the maternity tank tops (even though the only noticeable difference was that they are longer than normal tank tops) makes my bump look bumpier and cuter than normal tank tops. Maybe it's in my head but for the first time this pregnancy I liked the way I look so I'll take it. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • @Katie______ I never needed to change to maternity underwear my normal VS ones were fine. Also, some underwear at VS are one size fits all so I think I wore those one a lot near the end. 
    Lilypie - (FR0w)
  • Thanks @Rotu101 and @caribbeanmama
    @kerils
    -----so exciting!!! :)
  • Maybe my body just doesn't change that way, but I always found maternity underwear to be a total crock.  I was never able to determine what was so special about maternity bras/underwear beyond the higher price tag.   
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Me too! I just bought the next size up. 
  • Xath said:
    Maybe my body just doesn't change that way, but I always found maternity underwear to be a total crock.  I was never able to determine what was so special about maternity bras/underwear beyond the higher price tag.   
    Same with some pants... it's like they expect your vagina to grow, whats up with that? Never bought other panties other than for post partum. I am not the granny panty type and prefer low riding thongs.
  • This could go here or the big thread of stupid questions: I just got my maternity jeans in and it's a size 28. I'm usually a size 27 so went up to 28. The jeans are Citizens of Humanity maternity jeans have a full panel. They keep slipping and I can't seem to pull them up high enough, but my hips are tight. Are these jeans.... too small for me? 
    Sounds so ridiculous but usually when jeans are too small, I just wouldn't be able to button them up or zip them up but maybe since there are no buttons or fly, it's just slipping? 

do i make sense? 
  • @satsumasandlemons I remember the full panel slipping a bunch when my bump was smaller. It was a stupid in-between when regular pants were "nope," but the full panel would roll down. I didn't take long. However, if they are tight on your hips, they might be too small.  If it's uncomfortable to sit, I'd look into the size up.
  • I just went through my single bag of maternity clothes and tried on the jeans. As soon as I lifted that full panel over my hips the clouds parted and the angels sang. I don't quite need them yet but I wish I did.

Tell me again why all pants don't have a panel on them? Why are we still buttoning and zipping pants every day like CAVEMEN?
    Lol a question for the ages.
  • glitterfish-2glitterfish-2 member
    edited January 2017
    Cait32 said:
    I just went through my single bag of maternity clothes and tried on the jeans. As soon as I lifted that full panel over my hips the clouds parted and the angels sang. I don't quite need them yet but I wish I did.

Tell me again why all pants don't have a panel on them? Why are we still buttoning and zipping pants every day like CAVEMEN?
    I just busted out laughing at my desk when I read this. The first day I wore paneled maternity pants, I texted my sisters (I'm the oldest of four girls and the first to be pregnant), and I was like, "STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING. GO BUY MATERNITY PANTS. RIGHT NOW." I never understood when people said they never stopped wearing them after they had baby, but now it totally makes sense to me. While I hope to lose most of the weight, even at my thinnest, I'd love some paneled jeans!
    I've been wearing maternity pants since 2004! First pregnancy!

I did need bigger ones now, so I only have 1 pair of jeans. I wore them to work today and had to walk thru a lot of dense brush and they are all snagged! Sad, sad day!!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • OK last post I promise! This is a dress from Pink Blush, Navy Blue Floral Chiffon Dress ($36 after discounts)

This just isn't my style. The colors on the website looked so bright and cheerful I thought it might work, but I'm not a big fan.

Baby Q born on 7/20/2017
  • @Creedon778 The first two dresses look great on you!  The accessories definitely take it to another level.
  • @Creedon778 I'm a big fan of the first two pink blush dresses and the first lavender top! You look great!
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• I want to shop so bad these days, there is so much I want to wear (loving the fashion these days) but then I stop myself because I'm not sure il be able to fit into them a month later! Loving the clothes btw! 
  • I meant to ask where are the shoes from?  @Creedon778
  • @caribbeanmama they are from Ann Taylor. Purchased before the holidays when they had a 50% off sale.
    Baby Q born on 7/20/2017
  • manillabarmanillabar member
    edited January 2017
    I've been trying to buy a few pieces here and there on sale but I'm running out of things to wear to work because my regular shirts/blouses are getting too short! I spent half the day yesterday tugging my top down because it was riding up on my stomach, which I feel like makes me look sloppy.  Motherhood Maternity has a BOGO free sale on clearance items so I was going to get a bunch of basic shirts because I felt like I could wear them under cardigans and stuff but also I could get fewer nice tops from pink blush also on sale for around the same amount of money. What would you ladies do?

ETA: ... Ooorrr should I forget the clothes and just buy the snoogle? (I'm trying to limit my self purchases per paycheck)
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker