July 2017 Moms
Options

Monday Ticker Change 1/23

For anyone due 7/3, 7/10, 7/17, 7/24, 7/31.

How far along are you?

How big is baby?

Upcoming appointments this week?

Any new symptoms or changes?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: If you could live in a book, TV show or movie, what would it be?
Me:28 | DH: 28
Married: 07-2014
TTC #1: Since November 2015
Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
     due to previous issues.
***TW***
BFP: 11/4/2016
*TW*
 BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Monday Ticker Change 1/23

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @maybeitsmadeline, seriously my family knows I'm weird about touching they wouldn't even try without asking.  I'm sorry they are so handsy though.  I get panicky just thinking about people touching me.

@SpongeWorthy, I don't think that's aw worthy but I understand your concern.  After going through infertility I felt super weird doing and FB announcement.  I remembered how they could be to hurtful to see. So I did a very toned down chalkboard type announcement that was Christmas themed.  Not a bunch of cutesy baby stuff on it or ultrasound picture.  Recently two different friends contacted me because they didn't even realize that was an announcement or that I am pregnant.  So, I feel you lady :)
  • Options
    How far along are you? 16 weeks

How big is baby? Avocado 

Upcoming appointments this week? Friday - I have to do an early glucose test bc my mother has diabetes. Yea. 

Any new symptoms or changes? I'm definitely feeling soooo much better but the reflux is out of control when I eat anything tomato. We eat a lot of things with tomato sauce around here, so it's tough!

Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm really tired of being sick. I'm not a sickly person, but I have two bad colds in the last two months. One right before Christmas and this one started last week. Tylenol cold is a joke. 

GTKY: If you could live in a book, TV show or movie, what would it be? I would pick a crime scene tv show. I've always wanted a cool job like that. 

Soooo ladies... I've never seen/read Harry Potter. I've tried to start the first book and lose interest within the first few pages. Please don't hate me. 
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    @ginger1228, try a tablespoon or two of filtered apple cider vinegar for the heart burn before you eat the tomato.  You can straight shoot it or mix with water.  It is a miracle worker, I promise.  It does burn (I take it straight) a bit going down that goes away quickly.  It works after you have heartburn too.
  • Options
    @ginger1228 Ick!  Good luck with the glucose test.  And no hate on the Harry Potter front.  I did the exact same thing with Game of Thrones.  I got lost in the first few pages.
    Me: 31 DH: 31
      <3 DS born 6/2017, became a heart angel 8/2018 <3
    CP 3/2019
  • Options
    @SpongeWorthy @Itsnotyourturn Not going to lie, my heart swelled seeing so many HP responses!  :p Universal is AMAZING. I could stay there... forever.

@ginger1228 Eh, like most things some people like (read for me: are obsessed with), and others have no taste for them.  I have to agree about GoT.  I have zero interest in that. On the crime scene show front, I definitely wanted to be a medical examiner for a while, but now I work in business.  Go figure.

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Itsnotyourturn - thanks! I think I might even have some apple cider vinegar. It sounds awful, but I'm so sick of puking up tomato!

@SpongeWorthy - thanks. I'm not looking forward to the glucose test bc I don't want to sit there for an hour. Then I have to do it again at 28 weeks. 

@SaphireSweetie88 - I hear you on the discharge!!!! Holy cow. 

@MrsMaggieMac15 - yea for the crib!! I'm also 16 weeks and loving that baby is the size of a cupcake. Yum. 

I forgot to mention in my above post that my boobs don't seem to stop growing. Holy heckkkkk. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 17 Weeks

How big is baby?  Pomegranate

Upcoming appointments this week?  Nope, had one on Friday, everything's looking good!

Any new symptoms or changes?  Still kind of tired.  Having some round ligament pains. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?  Finally gave in and bought my first 2 pairs of maternity jeans yesterday!  Where have these been all my life?!?!?  I'll probably wear them even after baby is born! :)

GTKY: If you could live in a book, TV show or movie, what would it be?  Probably one of the comedy shows like Friends, How I Met Your Mother, New Girl.  I love the comradery of friendship in those shows.  AND they're hysterical! 
  • Options

How far along are you? 15 weeks

How big is baby? Navel orange

Upcoming appointments this week? No appointments for a long time. Next one will be the AS!

Any new symptoms or changes? Despite adding yet another medication to my routine, no real changes on the abdominal pain. Recent bloodwork showed a slightly elevated thyroid level, but it’s not high enough that they are pursuing anything. Now DH is asking if maybe I’ve developed a food allergy. I don’t usually have any allergies (except pet dander) so I’m not sure. I’m debating tracking my food and trying to eliminate certain things to see if it makes a difference. Anyone have any experience with this?

Rants/Raves/Questions? See my question above. And it’s a rainy Monday, so yuck.

GTKY: If you could live in a book, TV show or movie, what would it be? I agree with all the Harry Potter answers! @ginger1228 I’m not sure we can be friends anymore… ;) 

• Options
    @abjm0325 - I'm willing to give the book another try! Does that help?! ;)
  • Options
    How far along are you? 13 weeks 

How big is baby? Lemon

Upcoming appointments this week? Nope. I go back on 2/14 for my 16 week appointment and the ultrasound to check for the sex of the baby. My OB's office has changed things since the last time I had a baby. They now do separate scans for that and anatomy. I'll go back and have another scan at 20 weeks for the anatomy portion. 

Any new symptoms or changes? Same stupid headaches this week. Oh and craving salads and lots of fruit. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? I strongly dislike my boss. I don't know how I'm going to come back to this job after this baby is born. 

GTKY: If you could live in a book, TV show or movie, what would it be? I would say This Is Us, Parenthood or Gilmore Girls. 
  • Options
    @ginger1228 You aren't the only one! I did the same thing with the Harry Potter series. Even the movies. They did nothing for me. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 16 weeks 

How big is baby? avocado

Upcoming appointments this week? Had one on monday, all is ok. They tried to see gender but my baby wouldn't comply. Seriously at the downs test we were sent to pace for half an hour to make the baby move. 

Any new symptoms or changes? Sleep is harder, more breathless, and just more tired faster. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Just want to not be tired. We're telling my work this week -coworkers- and I feel like a lot of people being very concerned about my health may be tough. I am supposed to stop nausea pills which would be fun!

GTKY: If you could live in a book, TV show or movie, what would it be? Can I second Gilmore girls? I also LOVE I love lucy......because of how she advocated for women and how fierce she was in her own upbringing.