July 2017 Moms

Weekly Symptoms - 1/23

Re: Weekly Symptoms - 1/23

• I. Can't. Breathe. 
    Im also sick so that's not helping. But I keep having to take in deep breaths like I can't catch my breath. I'm not sure if it's my body's way of trying to get more oxygen since I can't breathe well through my nose or if it's anxiety or something else.
    I've gone through (twice) episodes where I've had to wear a heart monitor bc I was having palpitations and taking deep breaths like this. Both times was almost immediately after my grandmother had been really sick, so I wondered if it was anxiety induced (although dr doesn't seem to think so, but they never really found anything wrong). 

I haven't had the palpitations this time; just the breathing. I don't feel anxious, but I didn't during the other episodes either but my blood pressure was outrageous (but I was also scared bc of my heart palpitations). 

TL;DR: having shortness of breath and taking deep breaths constantly. Anyone else?
    I have HORRIBLE anxiety and panic attacks while pregnant. And heart palpitations what seems like multiple times a day. It's so frightening and so hard to deal with. It sucks being overly aware of your heart- i find myself constantly having my fingers on my neck checking my pulse. I've done 4 or 5 holter monitors and have seen 4 cardiologists and had them all tell me its anxiety which is somewhat comforting. But it does help knowing that most of the time, although not all the time, heart palpitations are not a sign of something more serious. I'm always here to talk- I know how horrible they are and how hard it is to talk to people about it if they haven't experienced it before! 
  • Still nauseous between 5-7pm. Still breathless. But slightly less. 

Getting FAT! Holy thunder thighs! I think I eat healthy but I do eat a bit more because otherwise I feel awful. But I need to get a hold of myself because scale is going haywire. Hopefully if I start to feel better at night I can hit the gym a few times a week. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I. Can't. Breathe. 
    Im also sick so that's not helping. But I keep having to take in deep breaths like I can't catch my breath. I'm not sure if it's my body's way of trying to get more oxygen since I can't breathe well through my nose or if it's anxiety or something else.
    I've gone through (twice) episodes where I've had to wear a heart monitor bc I was having palpitations and taking deep breaths like this. Both times was almost immediately after my grandmother had been really sick, so I wondered if it was anxiety induced (although dr doesn't seem to think so, but they never really found anything wrong). 

I haven't had the palpitations this time; just the breathing. I don't feel anxious, but I didn't during the other episodes either but my blood pressure was outrageous (but I was also scared bc of my heart palpitations). 

TL;DR: having shortness of breath and taking deep breaths constantly. Anyone else?
    I can't breathe either. It is a little bit better now but it was really scary. I usually read a book to DD for bedtime but now I run out of breath if I read while standing up. No air. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • What does RLP vs. Restless leg feel like? Last night and a few nights ago I felt the feeling in my leg that I used to get if I didn't take Advil for really bad cramps, and they spread to my leg. Uncomfortable but not unbearable. The insomnia and the howling wind and rain last night didn't help either.
    I don't know what Restless Leg feels like but Round Ligament Pain is in your belly, maybe groin. I've never had issues with restless leg syndrome, but it sounds like that would be a different body part altogether. 
  • @PurplePumpernickel For me, restless leg syndrome is exactly what it sounds like.  There's this sensation in my leg that causes me to just randomly kick really hard.  It's hard to describe.  It's almost like really tiny muscle spasms/twitches and you can't help but just kind of kick to try to shake them off. 

RLP feels like your ligaments stretching/pulling in your lower belly and groin area. 

Perhaps someone more articulate than I can provide a better explanation. 
  • @plumpous I'm really out of breath a lot too!  I will walk from my car to my office and be really winded.  Other times, I feel completely fine.

I never really had much m/s before.  But yesterday, I started just gagging/dry heaving out of nowhere.  DH wanted to take me to the doctor, he was so freaked out. 
  • @PurplePumpernickel True. I'm sorry I have no idea how to get rid of it. I never found a solution to make it better. 

@Dcwtada It's nausea off and on, mostly if I don't eat. It's not constant like in the first tri, but if I haven't eaten for too long it comes on, and it fairly arbitrarily decides how long is too long. Plus I seem to have lost the ability to feel when I'm hungry so I just go from normal to nauseous. And the food aversions are insanity again. What I want changes by the hour, and if I don't want it I REALLY don't want it. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Bleh, I have a stomach bug and dh has his entire sales team in town for meetings all day until after dinner every day this week. I called my mom to see if she could come watch dd (it's a 4 hour drive) and she can't. Luckily dd is being mostly good, or as good as a 1.5 y/o can.

Finishing antibiotics for a bacterial infection they found at my OB pap. At first they didn't want to treat it since I was exhibiting any symptoms but at the next appt a different midwife was enraged I wasn't given antiobiotics two weeks prior. 
  • Breathing harder, heart palpitations, lightheadedness, headaches, all related to extra blood/fluids and your body working harder to circulate it. Stress can always make these worse. Also, the longer we go, the more cramped your diaphragm and lungs will get so you just can't take as deep a breath!

I feel like I'm super out of shape, even just climbing the one set of stairs at work every morning, and I can't walk as quickly as I used to for any length of time because I just get tired faster. 
    BabyGaga

BabyGaga
  • I feel so old lately because my joints crack when I get up from sitting or laying down. I know it's probably just the relaxin taking effect but it still makes me feel old. 
    Lilypie - (FR0w)
  • @kerils I feel nauseous every morning if I don't eat within 10min of waking up. Especially if I do a lot of bending (as in try to change my twins diapers on an empty stomach) so I have been getting up as few minutes early to eat as small bowl of cereal. 

@ginger1228 I have been having crazy shortness of breath, especially if I carry anything heavy or try to sing/read at my kids bedtime. I had anxiety my last pregnancy and a few panic attacks it was aweful, you have my sympathy.
  • @ginger1228 I'm so glad this wasn't just me!  I really thought this was in my head.  Every Sunday at church after singing a couple songs while standing, I simply am out of breath.  I start having to just mouth the words because I can't take in enough air to actually make the sounds come out.  I really thought I was imagining it, so I'm happy to hear this is an actual thing!

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am perplexed by my new pains and would love some input. I assumed this was RLP but now I just don't know. I have such an ache behind my belly button all day and it hurts to touch any area above it.
    i also walk about .5 miles to the train for work and the last two days I can't walk much before I get what feels like side stitches (you know when you run, and it feels a little stabby) but they are alllll over my belly. I'm so miserable w this pain :( I also didn't sleep much last night so I'm just cranky in general today. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • For the first time last night, I really just could not get comfortable. I wish I could just tell my body "hey, your having a c section, no need to prepare for labor" alas, the hips are becoming too relaxed... and my body won't listen and tighten the F back up. Watermelon helped with my migrainewhen nothing else would, not sure why. And the nausea is very much lessened unless related to the headache. Make sure as you pick up your toddlers that you lift with your legs/knees. As the relaxin takes its effect, and you get more weight in the front, muscle pulling/injury is more likely, and being down with a toddler is NOT ideal.
  • @alcrimmins ugh, so sorry. Hope you feel better soon! So glad she's being toddler good <3
  • For the first time last night, I really just could not get comfortable. I wish I could just tell my body "hey, your having a c section, no need to prepare for labor" alas, the hips are becoming too relaxed... and my body won't listen and tighten the F back up. Watermelon helped with my migrainewhen nothing else would, not sure why. And the nausea is very much lessened unless related to the headache. Make sure as you pick up your toddlers that you lift with your legs/knees. As the relaxin takes its effect, and you get more weight in the front, muscle pulling/injury is more likely, and being down with a toddler is NOT ideal.
    I'd like to tell my body to tighten the fvck up too. It doesn't need to relax when it's not preparing for labor.
  • sooooo much gas! my abdomen feels like someone blew it up like a balloon and the gas just won't come out.
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @alcrimmins ugh, so sorry. Hope you feel better soon! So glad she's being toddler good <3
    Thanks mama! She was good until the diarrhea set it on her, she shattered a plate in the kitchen, and I traumatized her with one of my trips to the bathroom. I kept trying to get her to find the dog between bouts of sickness. 20 minutes later and lots of reassuring that mommy is ok for her to stop sobbing. 
  • Katie______Katie______ member
    edited January 2017
    I have been having trouble breathing too- happy I am not alone. I haven't been monitored but last night propped myself up a ton to sleep and had to sit up a couple times.

Is anyone else kind of not sleeping so good? I am still on diclegis (I should wean off soon) but I get to sleep well because of that and then I was awake like wide awake at 3 am and again at five am not really getting good sleep or back to sleep until 8, when I got up. I tried to sleep later just because I have a big meeting today and need the sleep. I have a cheap target body pillow but have found the past few nights sleep just isn't as fulfilling and I am so tired. I don't have to pee at 3am just am very awake.  Do any of the other pillows or any other advice?

Oh And my bump started to show this weekend-- honestly my bump may out me before I want to tell everyone.  I never thought of that. A friend says baby has decided.

I've also started paying attn to places to pump...I know way in advice, but I figured as I fly one or two more to cities I visit a lot, it will help post baby. I found an app that has a lot of info too. I do coworking a lot and have started to figure out most coworking places don't have a great spot. I called a woman owned place today that would charge you by the hour to pump in their conference room- hoow ruuude!  
  • @RunRestRepeat  was this you who mentioned bacne?? I can't remember and I'm not going to go through the thread again, but omg. bacne and pimples on my NECK wtf. 
    Thanks mama! She was good until the diarrhea set it on her, she shattered a plate in the kitchen, and I traumatized her with one of my trips to the bathroom. I kept trying to get her to find the dog between bouts of sickness. 20 minutes later and lots of reassuring that mommy is ok for her to stop sobbing. 
    Omg!! What a total scene, and so sad (and so not what you needed). I'm so sorry!! Hope you both get over this bug soon. How awful!
  • @irishrose54 Have you talked to your doctor about the pain?  It might just be RLP but wouldn't hurt to check in for peace of mind.  Does your insurance have a nurse line you can call that would save you a trip (if it's difficult to get to the Dr.)?
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @Katie______ Haven't slept through the night properly basically since getting pregnant, but it's gotten worse since week 11 or so. I just keep waking up and it's hard to get back to sleep. Occasionaly I have to pee, but most of the time I just wake up for no apparent reason and then can't go back to sleep. I have no solutions, I can't find anything online, it sucks and I'm just commiserating with you. If anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them. 
    Also, indeed. HOW RUDE. 

Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • I've had colder feet than usual for the last week or two. Anyone else? I Googled it and apparently an old wives tale says that a sign of a boy (which is correct) but I don't remember seeing it on any symptoms threads. 
  • @BabyMama4Life thanks for the tip. It has stopped mostly since I posted but I'm definitely going to ask Monday at my appointment in case it happens again. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ahh right on cue with the bleeding gums. Happened at exactly this point last time too. 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • BusyZeeBusyZee member
    edited January 2017
    @mamadcb iv been cold ever since day one, I know it's winter but this is unreasonably cold (hands and feet) and yes the old wives tale is right for now ;)

my gums are bleeding too so is my nose (very little) but this has never happened before ! 

Edit: didn't type properly 

• @dancegurl1118 My gums bled the other night while brushing which was a first. The next day I decided to floss (I admit, I do not do it everyday). Anyway it was a blood bath. Seems I've swapped the nosebleeds for gum bleeds. yipeeeee.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • This week has been good for me physically. To be honest I don't even feel pregnant just a little chunky. My main issue seems to be people... I'm not into being around anyone. I don't want to see or hear from my friends & I really just want to be left alone 90% of the time. Is this normal ? Does anyone else feel like the ppl around them are just annoying AF ? I hope these feelings pass as time goes on but I'm getting a little worried by the time baby comes I'll have no friends anymore. 
  • @satsumasandlemons Sorry for my late reply, but YES! Thankfully my face has been spared for the most part, but my back is AWFUL!!! It's driving me absolutely crazy.
    Me: 30 DH: 30
    Dating: 12/21/2001
    Married: 09/08/2012
    TTC: 09/2016
    BFP: 11/16/2016 EDD: 07/27/2017
    Baby Fish born: 08/01/2017

• So I've had frontal sharp pains a few times, but just started having dull cramping in my back on the right side.  Has anyone else had this?

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @nikkkis I'm not the most peoply person ever, but I dislike people even more now. Strangely enough I like the people I liked before even more, so it seems to work both ways. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • nikkkis said:
    This week has been good for me physically. To be honest I don't even feel pregnant just a little chunky. My main issue seems to be people... I'm not into being around anyone. I don't want to see or hear from my friends & I really just want to be left alone 90% of the time. Is this normal ? Does anyone else feel like the ppl around them are just annoying AF ? I hope these feelings pass as time goes on but I'm getting a little worried by the time baby comes I'll have no friends anymore. 
    haha so true. My case is basically a bit like this: 

i am a really good friend and I take ALOT of people peoples sh** 

i always invite people over and I always cook for them, entertain them, etc. 

i ALWAYS forgive them after all that too! And then the cycle repeats itself. (Most people self invite themselves and ask me of humongous favours I wouldn't dream of asking them) 

Ever since ive been pregnant I have just been reflecting on everything and everyone's behavior. I'm loving being alone and doing my own thing and I have made up my mind not to take anyone's bs. Initially I thought I'd lose everything and alienate myself but after some time everyone has come around and it's nice to see them wagging their tales waiting for me now. The break, self realization and reflection was what I needed the most and I'm loving it . 
  • @mamadcb I wear big fuzzy slippers so often!  
    @kerils I keep wondering if maybe another pillow will help.....or something. I use pillow spray.  No such ideas yet. Have you tried like everything?
  • @irishrose54
    @dancegurl1118
    I've been rotating thru ob's to see my whole practice. One who is a bit more sensitive said not to go to the dentist for a cleaning because you'll just bleed all over. I def have bleeding gums a little but not too bad--what are you ladies thinking about your next dentist cleaning?
  • I think I'm dying. I've had a cold (but it was improving) and didn't take unison last night to see how I did without it. Today was a very bad day. Lots of vomit and nausea. I'm a little over 16 weeks and was hoping that part was over. I'm not skipping the unison again. 

As for dental cleanings, I have one in about two weeks. I haven't had any dental issues since being pregnant. But I've also always had really healthy teeth and gums. I'm 32 and have never had a cavity. I floss everyday too. 

• As for dental cleanings, I have one in about two weeks. I haven't had any dental issues since being pregnant. But I've also always had really healthy teeth and gums. I'm 32 and have never had a cavity. I floss everyday too. 
    I'm sorry you're not feeling well! But I'm SO ENVIOUS of your healthy teeth and gums- every time I go to the dentist I have 5-10 new cavities. I'm 25 and have had more root canals than I can count. And I brush twice and floss daily. :neutral:

• As for dental cleanings, I have one in about two weeks. I haven't had any dental issues since being pregnant. But I've also always had really healthy teeth and gums. I'm 32 and have never had a cavity. I floss everyday too. 
    I'm sorry you're not feeling well! But I'm SO ENVIOUS of your healthy teeth and gums- every time I go to the dentist I have 5-10 new cavities. I'm 25 and have had more root canals than I can count. And I brush twice and floss daily. :neutral:
    I have no idea where these teeth and gums came from. My parents don't have amazingly healthy teeth. I consider myself really lucky! Especially since I'm terrified of the thought of getting a shot in my gums.  
  • @Katie______ It's more that everything I've read is "do relaxation exercises" or "exercise moderately during the day"... it's lifestyle stuff that I already do, so I can't see it helping much. This is from the American Pregnancy Society:
    • Try new sleeping positions.
    • Prepare yourself for bedtime by taking a warm bath or receiving a nice massage.
    • Set up your room for a comfortable sleep setting. Try changing your thermostat to a comfortable temperature and playing some relaxing or natural sounds that can help make you sleepy.
    • Try relaxation techniques, such as the ones you may have learned in a childbirth class.
    • If you still cannot fall asleep, you may consider getting up. You can try reading a book, eating a small snack, or drinking some warm milk.
    • Exercise regularly during the day.
    • If you have the opportunity to sleep during the day, you should take it. However, long naps may interfere with your sleeping schedule at night.
    I already do these things and I still have it, so I've quit the battle. I just try to stay in bed, keep my eyes shut, and breath rhythmically and eventually I fall asleep again. But the amount of time it takes for that to happen varies, so it's not like my "methods" even work effectively. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • @Katie______ as far as the dental cleaning...I also just discovered I lost a filling too. I have an ob appointment on Monday so I'm going to ask. I plan to go though unless I'm told otherwise. I'll keep u posted!

Pregnancy Ticker