Toddlers: 24 Months+

Room-sharing: Toddler and Infant?

We always planned to move to a bigger place before #2 came along, but it's not going to happen.  I'm planning to have the newborn stay in the master with a us for a while, but will need to transition him to share a room with his bro at some point.  Big bro is going to be 3 about two months after #2 is born.  Has anybody done this?  How terrified should I be?

Re: Room-sharing: Toddler and Infant?

• I'm looking forward to everyone's responses...we are doing the same thing. Big bro will be 2 1/2 when lil sis is born. 
  • My girls share a room, and we've never had a problem with it!  Older daughter is about 2 years older than younger daughter, so they were a little closer in age than yours are. We kept baby in with us until she was about 4-5 mo old, I don't quite remember when. When she wasn't waking as often at night. We never had any issues, although I will say that older daughter is a pretty sound sleeper.   We're actually planning to have our next baby (due in May) room share with both of them. 

We did have conversations with older daughter before younger daughter moved in there about not putting her toys or blankets into the crib with baby. She was old enough to understand that, so I'm sure yours is old enough to understand as well! 

• Loading the player...
  • Thank you! I feel so much better :)