July 2017 Moms

Interview Questions for New Doctor

Hello fellow bumpies. I FINALLY got approved for and got an appointment at my "dream" midwife/birthing center practice. My appointment is on Wednesday and I feel like now I can finally ask all the questions about L&D I've been wanting to and about their practice. Any advice on good questions to ask/questions you found unnecessary/things to mention now? I know most people are securely with their doctors now, but I just wondered if anyone had any suggestions. 

@lmudra Hopefully this links you into the thread. Good luck with your interview! 
Hubby and Me
Friends since 2008
Started dating: July 1st, 2013
Engaged: July 1st, 2014
Married: July 1st, 2016
R born: July 8th, 2017
N born: June 30th, 2019
Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
(maybe I only ovulate in October XD)

Re: Interview Questions for New Doctor

• I'm not sure this is applicable to a midwife/birthing center.  But my OB does prenatal care and surgeries.  He does NOT do deliveries so whatever doctor is on call will delivery our baby.  I found this out after I picked him as my doctor before I was even pregnant.  Someone else doing the delivery doesn't bother us since he will still step in if there are problems or complications, but it really bothers my MIL and I can understand how it may bother other people. 
  • My top two that were specific for the midwives we ended up going with were:

1. What would cause a transfer of care/cause me to be transferred to an OB? (for my specific practice, it would be gestational diabetes, placenta previa, or a very high BP)
    2. What happens if I go past my due date? (at my particular practice, they won't let me go past 41+3, because that's when they say you'd likely need an OB to intervene regardless. She did say that some folks have declined their services for that reason, but I really liked them and decided to stick it out).

Another not necessary but interesting question I like to ask any doctor/midwife is why they chose their profession. I think it can tell a lot about a person's character.

Good luck!
    Me: 30 DH: 30
    Dating: 12/21/2001
    Married: 09/08/2012
    TTC: 09/2016
    BFP: 11/16/2016 EDD: 07/27/2017
    Baby Fish born: 08/01/2017

• Loading the player...
  • kerils said:
    Hello fellow bumpies. I FINALLY got approved for and got an appointment at my "dream" midwife/birthing center practice. My appointment is on Wednesday and I feel like now I can finally ask all the questions about L&D I've been wanting to and about their practice. Any advice on good questions to ask/questions you found unnecessary/things to mention now? I know most people are securely with their doctors now, but I just wondered if anyone had any suggestions. 

@lmudra Hopefully this links you into the thread. Good luck with your interview! 
    Awesome!  Will follow here to!

• im not sure what your looking for in terms of child birth since everyone has different questions but you could check this long check list I found useful on this website. 
    https://www.mamanatural.com/midwife-interview-questions/