3rd Trimester
Options

41+3 and losing my mind

Hey all! I've lurked my entire pregnancy and have found a lot of interesting and uplifting articles. Now, in my time of frustration, I'd just love a little support and somewhere to dump all of these feels I'm having :s 

As the title says, I'm 41 weeks and 3 days as of today and have become a bit of an emotional wreck over the weekend. I've become so frustrated with my body, I just don't feel like I'm progressing enough or like everyone else (I know, comparison is the thief of joy but man it's hard not to do). At this point I've been dilated 1cm for over 3 weeks and I have been 60% effaced for 2 weeks. My mucus plug has been shedding for some time and I've had spotting off and on since week 36. I've been in prodromal labor for the last two weeks as well with strong contractions that dwindle then fade. I had a NST and AFI test on Saturday which showed a super healthy baby, a fully functioning placenta, and a good amount of fluid. I suppose I should be proud of my body for doing so well so far but I'm not. I've either cried all day or been hugely pissed off at everything since the morning of my appointment. I guess I just want to meet my daughter  :/ Anyone else, especially first time moms, been in my shoes? How did you cope? I will be induced on Wednesday with cervidil so the end is near for me but I can't shake the feeling of wanting to go into labor naturally. 

Re: 41+3 and losing my mind

• Options
    I'm sorry you've had a rough few weeks. But the good news is that you won't be pregnant forever. Like you said, it's almost over. And you could still go into labor naturally. You're already more dilated and effaced than I was before I went into labor. In fact, I got to the hospital only 2cm dilated (and I'd had a similar emotional breakdown the night before). And if you do end up needing to be induced or go to a c section, its how your baby was meant to come into the world. And really, that's the end goal isn't it? Delivering your baby in the safest way possible.

Good luck and congratulations.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::