Baby Names
Options

Name Meaning

How much does everyone look into the meaning behind a name they like?  

Re: Name Meaning

• Options
    I'm very much interested in the origins and meaning behind names. This website, Behind the Name, is very useful and a reliable resource.
    Vive Les Frasers
    Related image

Anniversary
  • Options
    I like to look at the meaning behind a name. If I didn't like the meaning I would be willing to overlook it for a name I think is truly the right one. Behind the name is my resource for meaning as well.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My daughter's name is Savannah which means treeless plain, clearly meaning wasn't important to me!

My husband told me he liked the name early into dating (which made me swoon that he was thinking about kids) and it just stuck. So for us, that's why it's meaningful.
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    It depends. I always look to see what it is, but so far no meaning has knocked a name off my list, or put one on it.

Now, character names, meaning is a lot more important. 
  • Options
    We gave our boys biblical/Hebrew names so name meanings and origins are very important to us.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    I tend to focus very much on significance and origin, but the actual meaning itself doesn't matter much to me. For example, Sarah would interest me for its significance to my family and also its use as a Hebrew name. It happens to mean Princess, which, meh - doesn't do much for me. 
  • Options
    I don't care about meaning at all.