Infertility
Options

Birth Control before FET

i have a question/concern about the birth control I'm on. my RE wants me on BC for three solid months before we try another FET. The thing is the BC really messes with me. My mood has been awful. It is like clockwork shortly after I start the BC. My husband notices it too. I get moody and angry at a drop of a hat. I get anxiety and really emotional. I also get boughts of depression. This is our last time going through the processe of trying for a baby. The RE wants me to stay on this BC because it works well for me. She also believes I may have endo and the BC helps keep in check. I feel like I need to power through it to gives the best opportunity but it is tough. I have only been on it two weeks and spent most of today crying. I appreciate any insite. Thank you.

Re: Birth Control before FET

• Options
    @Lavendar83 I'm sorry I don't have any insight but boy can I relate to the moodiness on BC! We'll be lucky if DH sticks around and makes it to ER haha.
    3 months seems like a long time. Any possibility of shortening your stint on it? 
    Me: 29 DH: 44
    DX: PCOS
    IUI #1, Nov 2016 - BFN
    IUI #2, Jan 2017 - BFN
    IVF #1, Feb 2017 - 22 eggs retrieved, 18 fertilized, 14 Day-5 blasts to freeze
    FET #1, Feb 2018 - 
  • Options
    I hate BC!! It messes with me as well :( do you feel strong enough abt it for a second opinion?
    Siggy Warning--------

CP #1- due April 2017 lost 5.5 weeks
    cp #2- due May 2017 lost at 4.5 weeks
    iUI #1- BFN
    IUI #2-BFN
    IVF#1- transfer 2- BFP! Due October 2017 c/p#3 lost at 3.5 weeks
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Maybe ask about lupron instead? I have zero idea if that's a suitable switch, but lupron will suppress all hormones, same end result. 
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @PoeMasque did you do Lupron without BC? I have only ever had/heard of cycles that start with bc and then incorporate Lupron.