February 2017 Moms

Symptoms 1/16/17

124»

Re: Symptoms 1/16/17

• @jlellis603 I was there Wed & Thurs, but today I feel less shitty :D

I can't tell if it's anemia, depression, or just the 3rd trimester. Possibly I just need a drink.
    Me: 31  H: 32
    Married: 10/10
    EDD: 8/27/16  MMC 1/16
    Rainbow Boy: 2/04/17
    TTC: 4/18 BFP: 1/2/19
    EDD: 9/6/19
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @jlellis603 I was there Wed & Thurs, but today I feel less shitty :D

I can't tell if it's anemia, depression, or just the 3rd trimester. Possibly I just need a drink.
    I think we all need a drink.
    THIS.
  • What @krob said ^^^
    Married: 12/2015
    Me: 37 - H: 39
    TTC#1: 01/2016
    BFP: 06/18/2016 - EDD: 02/20/2017 - Born: 01/27/2017

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @krob yes. so much. I cried today bc of this
  • thanks ladies! it's great to know i'm not alone. misery loves company right???

@Gretchypoo i have been on the verge of tears all day. just spoke with my husband who's on his last business trip, headed back tonight, and literally broke down. it felt good and ridiculous at the same time. 
    Me: 36, H: 37
    FTM, 2 Furbabies
    married 03/17/07
    lived in Houston, Austin, Los Angeles and NYC
    due: 2/15/17
  • Ooh ooh I want to join in! I'm so over it hurting so bad when I switch sides in the middle of the night that I want to cry. I'm over my body not wanting to move when I get up to pee. Stupid pelvic girdle pain!
  • Spoiler box for weight gain talk:

Is anyone else gaining weight more precipitously than before? I gained 5lb between my 32 and 34w checkups, and I just got on the scale and it says I've gained another 5lb in the 8 days since. I'm not hungry enough to eat normally, let alone enough to gain this kind of weight, plus my feet and hands have blown up in the last week. But this seems excessive. I've been keeping an eye on my BP, and it's fine. I don't see my doctor again until Friday.
    I don't know if I'm asking for advice or just complaining. All I know is I'm over it. 

• kswiger06kswiger06 member
    edited January 2017
    @NiceyMeany  I had it posted, but decided to just send you a PM instead. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @NiceyMeany You can always check in with your doctor, but I know the swelling and water retention can inflate the scale numbers. If your BP is fine I think you are ok to just wait until your next appointment to ask about it
  • @tishb the pelvic girdle pain in the middle of the night is ridiculous! Actually, I experience it probably 18 hours per day. I feel like I'm walking around with a bowling ball in my vagina and that my entire pelvis is broken in one million pieces. I feel bad because I think I complain to DH 24/7 and I'm sure he's faaaaar past over listening to it by now...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @NiceyMeany - I'm definitely swelling up rapidly (plus packing on pounds way faster than I'd been trending).  This morning, my hands were so stiff from the swelling; my fingers are like little sausages, with no definition around the knuckles or anything.  My ankles and feet have been bad for awhile; I think I might need to do compression socks every day going forward (I've been doing every other day b/c it's such a pain getting them on and off).  So far, my BP has been in a good range.  I'm chaulking it up to end of the road swelling but have an appointment late this week as well.  FX that it's just water retention. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mlrocha @lfrank2 @kswiger thanks ladies!  I'm going to mention the concern to my doctor on Friday, but it's nice to know that I'm not alone!
  • @NiceyMeany, I agree with the others,  it's the swelling and water weight.   My weight has been fairly steady and also had more of a jump at my last appointment.   I blame water weight.
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @tishb the pelvic girdle pain in the middle of the night is ridiculous! Actually, I experience it probably 18 hours per day. I feel like I'm walking around with a bowling ball in my vagina and that my entire pelvis is broken in one million pieces. I feel bad because I think I complain to DH 24/7 and I'm sure he's faaaaar past over listening to it by now...
    I agree to all of this 100%! I told my husband I fee
    like someone took a swing at my vagina with a bat! It is pretty much all day, but 10x worse at night! Husbands can't complain about hearing about it... unless they want to feel what it's like to take a bat to the crotch!  :D
  • For anyone with extreme swelling, I slept with my feet elevated up on a couple pillows the last two nights, and then got compression socks on as soon as I got out of the shower. It's made a world of difference! There's still some swelling, but more so what I'd consider normal pregnancy swelling. 
  • @NiceyMeany with my first pregnancy, I gained at least 10-15 lbs in water weight. Within a week after giving birth, I lost all of it. As long as your urine and BP checks out fine, just add it to the list of uncomfortable prego problems. 
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • @NiceyMeany you are not alone! I also swelled up like a balloon in the past week and as a result, gained 5 lbs in that week. It'll drop fast as soon as baby is born! 
  • @tishb @concreteangell @partyof6? Thanks ladies!!  I'm not so worried about losing it (I'm kind of a fitness freak anyway) - it's just uncomfortable!
  • re: swelling how are you all putting your feet up? It hurts me to lay on my back :-(
  • Anyone have/had a really sharp pain in just one spot on their stomach? Hurts to touch and hurts when he moves right there. It's definitely not a contraction 
  • re: swelling how are you all putting your feet up? It hurts me to lay on my back :-(
    I just sit on the couch and prop my feet up on a bunch of stacked up pillows
    Try laying on your side and elevating. A little awkward, but does the trick!
  • Thanks @lfrank12 and @MommaBean!

@jlellis603 I get that sharp pain in one spot. I just assumed baby moved into a weird place. It usually goes away quickly.
  • Anyone have/had a really sharp pain in just one spot on their stomach? Hurts to touch and hurts when he moves right there. It's definitely not a contraction 
    I have had a sharp pain in one spot. It would hurt for hours and was tender to touch. It has happened a few different times and not always in the same spot. I have been thinking maybe it is from the baby poking on that spot all night, while I sleep, causing it to be sore and uncomfortable for a few hours. I'm not really sure what it is though, or if that's similar to what you felt.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks guys, yeah that's pretty similar to what I felt I'm thinking. It was just strange and I feel like every little thing could either be something wrong or labor... First time mom problems haha!
  • @jlellis603 I had something similar and the best we could come up with was that it was a legit muscle spasm from the little bruiser kicking me so hard in the same spot. 
  • Well jeeze, as if these little ones don't beat us up enough!
  • I also do the side-lay to prop the feet.  Sadly it can sometimes then increase the hip pain but I go back n forth depending on what's worse.   

My BH are increasing significantly with intensity and frequency. I'm only 36 weeks today is that normal or a signal she may be early?  They don't hurt really just awkward and uncomfortable.  It was all day yesterday. 
  • edited January 2017
    @CornchipLA increasing in intensity makes me wonder if things might be progressing for you?
    I'm 36+4 and getting more & more BH but not really getting any stronger. Agree though, uncomfortable & annoying! Maybe ask your doctor when they'd want to check you? My doctor wanted me to come in for a check if I have more than 6 an hour (so more frequent than every 10 minutes).
  • Thanks @FreshBakedBrownies now that I'm paying attention they are more intense then say a week ago but staying at the new level of discomfort! I go in on Tuesday so will discuss.  Good info I think I'm still only having say 4 an hour.  
  • I guess it's a pregnancy symptom, but I haven't really had a lot of emotional highs and lows before today. I had such a hormonal emotional meltdown this morning it wasn't even funny. I almost felt like I was in hysterics, and I am so grateful my husband is so patient and understanding. He just let me weep pathetically on his shoulder until got it all out.
    Interestingly after that I had my first strange case of vaginal leakage. I was getting ready for a shower and a thin creamy stream of liquid dripped down to my knee o.O My husband and I googled it and it seemed like the general consensus was the monitor it and if it continued or got worse go to a clinic or the hospital. Luckily it's just been that little dribble and nothing since.