August 2017 Moms

STM+ check in 1/20

Sorry I have been MIA for the last couple of weeks and thanks to the ladies who posted for me in my absence!!! 

How far along are you?

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies?

Rant/Rave/Questions?

What is one thing you stressed about getting done before you had your first baby, that looking back was silly?

GTKY: Where did you go on your honeymoon OR where is your favorite place you've vacationed?

Re: STM+ check in 1/20

• How far along are you?
    12w1d

My newest symptom is severe headaches last about 6-8 hours. I didn't have these with my other two pregnancies. 
    Im also still pretty fatigued in the evenings. 

Rant/Rave/Questions?
    My DH is so awesome! Picking up the slack and taking care of the kids. 
    I had a dream last night I had a tiny baby boy. Who knows if it's right, but it was an awesome dream!! 

What is one thing you stressed about getting done before you had your first baby, that looking back was silly?
    I was so stressed about the nursery with my previous two. They didn't even stay in there until about 6 months. This baby will be set up in our room for awhile. 

GTKY: Where did you go on your honeymoon OR where is your favorite place you've vacationed?
    We took our first family vacation last year to Myrtle Beach and it was a blast doing things as a family. 

• How far along are you?
    12 wks+1

My symptoms are mostly gone now. But the crazy dreams remain (different than last pregnancy). I still get heartburn on and off. Oh and still scent aversions. 

Rant/Rave/Questions?
    Having a cold or any sickness while pregnant just sucks!

Transplanting house plants  :D

Honeymoon was in Phuket, Thailand. Favorite vacation is hard for me. Toss up between Brazil/Argentina (specifically Iguassú Falls), Paris, Amsterdam, and Thailand. 

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • 11 weeks today!

Less nausea, but lots of dizziness

Being pregnant with a toddler is hard!  

Cleaning baseboards at the end of my pregnancy. I almost couldn't get out of the floor.

Honeymoon was a cruise to the Bahamas. It was wonderful. I want to go on another.

• How far along are you?
    9 weeks 6 days

I have good days where I feel fine then some days I just feel sick and tired. 

Rant/Rave/Questions?
    My 3 year old is so excited about this baby! She has announced to just about everyone she has come across.

The nursery! She ended up sleeping in our room for 6 months anyway.

I love greece! As a close second Disney World! We took DD in November and it was so much fun :)
  • NxyNxy member
    How far along are you? 10w5d

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies? Mostly just exhausted now. Pretty similar to DD now since the nausea has passed.

Rant/Rave/Questions? 

What is one thing you stressed about getting done before you had your first baby, that looking back was silly? I had the nursery done at like.. 20 weeks. She didn't sleep in the nursery at all until she was almost one lol

GTKY: Where did you go on your honeymoon OR where is your favorite place you've vacationed? Paris, Garmish, Amsterdam, Saipan. Those are probably my favorite vacations. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • How far along are you? 9 weeks today

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies? Nausea (which I didn't have with either pregnancy), fatigue (had it with both), a lot of stomach pain/discomfort especially after dinner (didn't have before), headaches (always have them pregnant or not)

Rant/Rave/Questions? Nah, I just ranted in the Friday ticker change thread

What is one thing you stressed about getting done before you had your first baby, that looking back was silly? Good question. Hmm, probably the nursery also because she slept in our room for awhile.

GTKY: Where did you go on your honeymoon OR where is your favorite place you've vacationed? We went to Playa Del Carmen and it was amazing. Good food, good drinks, good service, beautiful resort! I want to go back.
    BabyFruit Ticker

#1 - DD: 7/5/12
    #2 - DS: 5/21/14
    #3 - EDD: 8/25/17

• How far along are you?  8w

I'm nauseous most of the day, but it's different smells that trigger it this time around. Before it was fish, now it seems to be mostly garlic. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? 
    I am just still in shock right now. My son has accepted the news of twins very easily and keeps reminding me lol

My baby registry and how I insisted on completing it and needing all of those useless things that still remain in their original packages in the depths of his closet. 

We packed up our lives and moved to Austin, TX where we spent a few months unemployed and partied it up in the city. It was a good time. 

• How far along are you? 10 weeks 2 days

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies?  A lot of nausea. I remember not feeling like eating with my son, but this is down right annoying!

Rant/Rave/Questions? I have been in education my whole life. I remember when I was a first year teacher I used to get so upset because people would say, "You don't understand, you don't have children." Now I'm a trainer for a child development center. I work with other trainers who don't have children. When they make comments/suggestions about policies that we have in place in our infant rooms, I TOTALLY want to smack them and say, "You CLEARLY don't have children, otherwise you would be more sympathetic to the families we serve." Ugh... especially when it comes to safety issues. I get it. We, as parents, do some pretty unsafe things, but you do what you do to survive! Try it! You'll see! (end rant)

Surprisingly, nothing. We didn't really have a nursery because we were in a small apartment, so the plan was always for baby to be with us. Maybe washing all the clothes...I should have returned a bunch.

GTKY: Where did you go on your honeymoon OR where is your favorite place you've vacationed? Rivera Maya for honeymoon, specifically Maroma Beach. BEAUTIFUL!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you? 11w 5 days (ultrasound next week may change this)

Symptoms? Just tired and hungry. More sore

Rave would have to go to my 7 year old son who helps me so much. I actually feel guilty about the amount he has grown since his sister was born in August. Now another due in August

Silly- Before my son I needed his nursery to be perfect. Now I take things much slower

Gtky- My husband and I have never vacationed. I would love to go some time
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • How far along are you?
    9 weeks +

I am impossibly exhausted. I was the first time too though. I had way more aversions and threw up occasionally. 

Rant/Rave/Questions?
    Being this exhausted with a toddler who just quit napping is just miserable. We watch too much tv in the afternoon because I can't take it anymore and I work a lot of nights. 

I'm not easily stressed and I don't remember stressing about anything. This time I'm worried about caring for the first during birth. 

We honeymooners in a cabin in blue Ridge Mountains. We love vacationing to disney
  • How far along are you? 10+5

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies? So many headaches. Fatigue is crazy and the nausea is peaking back out.  

Rant/Rave/Questions?
    Really long day, and all I want is a glass of wine. 

I was worried about not having infant hats. My son never wore hats. 

GTKY: Where did you go on your honeymoon OR where is your favorite place you've vacationed? Honeymooned on islamorada and loved st Thomas. 
  • How far along are you?
    10 weeks 6 days

Still cramping. I never had any with my first pregnancy. I had more nausea with my first, but the few times I had it this time it was worse. I'm more exhausted this time which makes sense since I'm chasing a toddler around!  Yet I have trouble sleeping...

Rant/Rave/Questions?
    Rant: I'm not a trump supporter by any means. But the reality is that he's our president for the next 4 years. Seeing the whole #notmypresident is really starting to irk me. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt and see what happens.  (Not trying to start any kind of debate...I never ever discuss politics, but with today's inauguration I can't help it)

I didn't stress much about anything my first pregnancy.  

We honeymooned in Hawaii for 2 weeks.  Absolutely my favorite vacation. Second favorite was when hubby and I went to Disney World... I already can't wait to go back with kids!

Pregnancy Ticker

• How far along are you?
    8+5

With my first I just had stong scent aversions. My second all day sickness it was the worst. Now I the aversions again (the smell of steamed broccoli made me gag) also lots of sleep talking, more than my usual and extreme fatigue. 

Rant/Rave/Questions?
    if my husband tells me I need to eat one more time I'm going to scream. No shit but I gag with food just touching my mouth. 

I did some serious deep cleaning im talking scrubbing all grout lines with a toothbrush. He obviously didn't crawl for months so what did it matter. 
    Our honeymoon was an adults only all inclusive to cancun(thanks mil and fil) but we went to hhi a few years ago and I loved it there. 

• caitlyn5454caitlyn5454 member
    edited January 2017
    How far along are you?
    11 weeks.

All the nausea, still. I didn't have it with DS1.

Rant/Rave/Questions?
    It'd be filled with expletives, so I'll refrain.

Having all his clothes sorted and organized. It all ended up in big piles of "doesn't fit, barely fits, fits perfectly" anyway.

...people vacation?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • How far along are you? 11 weeks 

Nausea is dying down some (sooner than later time) and my breasts are just now starting to get sore (happened immediately last time. Extremely exhausted (worse this time with a toddler to chase after) And the heartburn has kicked in really early this time.

Rant/Rave/Questions?

Fitting in a birthing class, looking back on it now it was a waste of money since I knew so much about infant already from my education and years spent in childcare. And the few labor techniques we learned went to waste cause I ended up in a emergency c section shortly after being induced.

Favorite is definitely Disneyland especially after having a kid. Use to be Hawaii but we went to Hawaii and Disney last year with a toddler and it was just so much more enjoyable at Disneyland.
  • How far along are you? 11w1d

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies? nausea and headaches. not so much fatigue anymore. pretty much exactly the same as my previous two.

Rant/Rave/Questions? okay so totally inappropriate, i know but... i get kind of grossed out talking to people i know personally that have a due date near mine. i almost want to blurt out, "wow! we ovulated and had sex around the same time! neat-o"  B) thankfully, my filter is still working. (don't worry, i weird myself out sometimes, too)

What is one thing you stressed about getting done before you had your first baby, that looking back was silly? prepping all those cloth diapers. we only used them as burp cloths--and not even that often **eye roll** if i had known that my babies would fair just fine with disposables--minimal rashes (less than 5 a piece over 2 years)-- i don't think i ever would have spent the money on prefolds, shells, and snappis.

GTKY: Where did you go on your honeymoon OR where is your favorite place you've vacationed? destin, florida, was a very nice vacation. we stayed in a hotel on the beach with very nice amenities and access to a lot of really fun activities for us and the kids. plus i was 8 months pregnant at the time and still managed to really enjoy myself. 

• My bold print has a mind of its own....so whatever not sure why some of this is bolded. 

How far along are you? 12 weeks on Tuesday

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies? Nauseated worse at night than in the morning. Constantly exhausted. Lots of discharge. The exhaustion seems far worse this time with a two year old ...food a versions also seem worse this time.

Rant/Rave/Questions? 
    I'm working 50-60 hours a week. I want to find something closer to home and more like 40 hours but I'm well liked at my job, have a great shot at a huge promotion and breaking into a new job just seems like so much fricking work. I wish someone would just tell me what to do. I have so much vacation built up but I'm going to go crazy working this much with two kids. I hate job hunting. It's such a game. 

Well I think I did pretty good. I was pretty reasonable about it all since I'm from a big family and knew what to expect. I guess I stressed a bit about having a birth plan. I didn't write one on paper but I stressed a lot about how I wanted things done. For the most part we followed the plan. 

GTKY: Where did you go on your honeymoon OR where is your favorite place you've vacationed? We went to Duluth, MN on our honeymoon which was very nice but my favorite will probably always be Nashville. I love that town so much and really want to move back someday. I feel like I was born in the wrong location. I love the south!
  • How far along are you?
    10wks

still nauseous 24/7 and gagging a lot more but not actually throwing. I'm still super tired, and getting a few headaches. Which is different from my first. 

Rant/Rave/Questions?
    I'm thankful for my husband this past week, he's help a lot with our son, laundry and even dishes. And right now, I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired!!!

Um, not really sure. 

We honeymooned at Disney World, and I loved every minute of it. 
  • How far along are you?
    8w6d

Sore boobs (I think I've gone up at least 1 cup size), occasional heartburn, tired, but having trouble sleeping and lots of nausea especially in the afternoon and evening.  With my first, I got sick every day for a few weeks and with my second, I was queasy, but only got sick twice.  I've been close to getting sick this time, but nothing yet.  I think my nausea is worse this time though.

Rant/Rave/Questions?
    I finally exercised for the first time since I had my bleeding episode.  I was given the all clear to exercise again after my appointment on Monday, but I had more brown spotting that night through Wednesday.  It was just when I went to the bathroom, but still made me nervous about getting back into anything.  I've had scares and complications with every pregnancy.  I just want to enjoy this and not be nervous about everything.

We were house hunting and finally found something when I was 6 months pregnant.  We closed less than 2 months before I was due.  I was put on bed rest 3-4 weeks later.  We planned to move into our house when I was 37 weeks.  I was being monitored closely and my BP wasn't great so we were worried that I would have to deliver before we moved.  I ended up making it to move in day and was induced 5 days later.  Our house was barely unpacked.  I did worry about the crib not arriving in time, which it didn't, but DS hated the crib anyway and only wanted to sleep in our arms.  Other than the moving saga, I think I was pretty laid back.

We went to Greece - Athens, Crete, Rhodes and Santorini - for our HM.  It was definitely the best vacation we've taken.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • How far along are you? 11 weeks, 3 days

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies?  Nausea needs to go away and stay away.  Boob soreness & exhausted.  Think I am more tired than last time....Toddlers are exhausting.

Rant/Rave/Questions?
    I slept 9 1/2 hours and am still tired today.  Why can't I get tested?

What is one thing you stressed about getting done before you had your first baby, that looking back was silly? Crib. Almost had a breakdown since I couldn't get one I wanted as company went out of business.  So stupid to be that upset over it.

Loved my Carribean cruise for our honeymoon. Favorite vacation spot Seabrook/ Kiawah Islands outside of Charleston, SC.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker