July 2017 Moms

What are you eating...

Re: What are you eating...

• @dancegurl1118 Hi! I moved to Colorado from CT almost 8 years ago. My sister still lives there and I will always call it home!
  • alcrimmins 
    what do you get at Jimmy Johns? I have one across the street but I thought they had a lot more lunchmeat. Seriously curious!
  • Loading the player...
  • I ordered a 2 lb bag of shoestring strawberry licorice off Amazon because I couldn't find it in any store. I almost cried tears of joy when it was delivered today. 
  • We had delicious home made steak sandwiches tonight, it was the best! 
  • Veggies. Every vegetable I can find. Ive had brussel sprouts and green beans for breakfast for the past week!
  • I ordered a variety of Thai food last night and it really hit the spot. I am particularly wanting noodles these days. Iv had Thai noodles and ravioli for the past three meals. 

Lemon water first thing in the morning has really helped me feeling less sleepy, controlled my nausea and I'm wondering why I stopped drinking it in the first place. Getting back to regular routine now. 
  • zara4k said:
    I ordered a variety of Thai food last night and it really hit the spot. I am particularly wanting noodles these days. Iv had Thai noodles and ravioli for the past three meals. 

Lemon water first thing in the morning has really helped me feeling less sleepy, controlled my nausea and I'm wondering why I stopped drinking it in the first place. Getting back to regular routine now. 
    Okay stupid question- how much lemon do you put in a glass? Or are you using lemon juice?
  • zara4kzara4k member
    edited January 2017
    @nktrodden826 not at all stupid! I make it weak because I don't want to damage my teeth! If your lemon is average sized il use like a quarter lemon squeezed in 12 0z water every morning. It helps so much it really does. I got larger lemons this time and I cut them in half and keep them in fridge (covered). Every morning il squeeze just enough into my water (each half lasts like two, three servings) 
  • Guys. I had a chicken Caesar salad for lunch and the heartburn is out of control now! I might as well have had the margherita pizza I was eyeing... 
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• I had grape leaves for lunch and now I want more grape leaves.
  • I just ate a giant bowl of popcorn with Parmesan cheese on it. I hid from my 4 year old so that I could have it to myself...
  • I just ate a honey turkey sandwich with horseradish mayo and cheddar cheese on the most glorious Portuguese roll and washed it down with half raspberry tea half lemonade. GODDAMN it was delicious. 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • I just ate a honey turkey sandwich with horseradish mayo and cheddar cheese on the most glorious Portuguese roll and washed it down with half raspberry tea half lemonade. GODDAMN it was delicious. 
    Wow... I want that now. With a nice crisp leaf of iceberg lettuce in the sandwich 
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @nktrodden826, all the veggies, all the time.  DH ordered one of those produce boxes and had the grocery deliver several bags full.  He says he's having trouble keeping veggies stocked in the house.  Kale is my obsession this week.  
    Good Lord I've been wanting a turkey sandwich but have been avoiding because of listeria. Did you microwave the meat or did you throw caution to the wind? (Not here to judge your choices!)
  • @PurplePumpernickel nope I just eat my cold cuts like a normal human. I obviously would never judge anyone for following recommendations but listeria is much more likely to be found in some random ass packaged, processed food I've eaten as in recent years than my delicious cold cuts. I love cold cuts when pregnant.  
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • I am very much looking forward to the cranberry & cinnamon goat cheese I will be eating tonight at book club. 
    Married: 10/13/2013
    TTC #1: Mirena removed 5/26/2015; DH - normal SA, me - diagnosed with PCOS 8/4/2016 - on Metformin; BFP - 10/29/2016!!!, EDD - 7/8/2017; DD born 6/29/2017
  • I had an apple and brie grilled cheese for lunch with dijon mustard for lunch and it's all I can think about. Also I have been grabbing a huge pint glass of our frozen fruit blend and munching on half frozen fruit all day, it's amazing.
  • Haven't had chocolate in 2 months (haven't wanted it in two months for that matter) and I just ate Ben and Jerry's Non Dairy Chunky Monkey. I'm in heaven. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • @zara4k hey girl, I totally get having someone that you admire, and taking the pieces that make sense, and leaving the leaving the things that don't. So just remember, I am just teasing, not calling you out or being mean ;) so take it with a grain of salt. 
    And the lemon water thing, it kinda helps the same way sour candies do.
  • I had grape leaves for lunch and now I want more grape leaves.
    Trader Joe's sells these canned stuffed grape leaves (called Dolmas) that are SO GOOD! I sometimes eat a can for lunch. It's my favorite! 
  • zara4k said:
    I'm wondering why I stopped drinking it too!  It's often cited as a liver and kidney cleanser amongst a host of other things.  At my fittest, I would drink a warm glass every morning and in some way I felt like it helped with digestion and my appetite over the course of the day.  (I read about it as a tip in Shape magazine, decided to try it, liked how I was feeling overall and continued for quite a while.)  I started making ginger lemon tea because of nausea in the first trimester but got rid of it once I started feeling better because I didn't want the added sugar.
  • DH wanted to have a healthy dinner last night so we went to this raw, vegan restaurant in Honolulu. The food was SO good. If I could make food like that, we could probably go vegan... or at least vegetarian. 

I we had the $30 tasting menu and I was so full that I had a ton of leftovers. The waiter was so worried I didn't like my food because I barely touched the entree. But that meant I had yummy vegan pad Thai for breakfast this morning. 
    Good Lord I've been wanting a turkey sandwich but have been avoiding because of listeria. Did you microwave the meat or did you throw caution to the wind? (Not here to judge your choices!)
    My doc suggested opening and microwaving the whole package for 30 to 45 seconds depending on the size and then putting back in refrigerator. Eat within a week.
  • alcrimmins 
    what do you get at Jimmy Johns? I have one across the street but I thought they had a lot more lunchmeat. Seriously curious!
    I get the beach club, take out the bread, cut in half! Lol Ours doesn't have sprouts anymore. They got rid of them when I was pregnant with dd b/c of a lysteria outbreak and didn't add them back. I enjoy the sandwich with or without. I do not hear the turkey either...rebel  ;)
  • Currently choking down a kale juice, spinach, banana pineapple, blueberry and Greek yogurt smoothie. It is terrible. Horrible. I've been trying to offset the slim jims and Reese puffs I'm eating. 

I usually love any smoothie but the kale is unbearable. I'm using a straw to try and get it down quicker. I feel like the faces I'm making are a toddler eating veggies at dinner. 
  • I can't get enough blueberries!!! 

Im having pretty strong turkey aversions. Just reading about the turkey sandwiches makes me cringe. More room in my belly for blueberries!
  • Making potato soup for dinner and having my lovely in laws over for movie night! 
  • @dancegurl1118 I find baby spinach far more smoothie-worthy than kale.
  • @chiquita928 SO much better. I make all my smoothies with spinach and it tastes great. I had some kale juice I bought because I was feeling ballsy and it is so nasty. But being the cheapo I am, I didn't want to waste it. It over takes every flavor! Pineapple usually overrides everything but nope...burping up kale. 
  • I've been eating every few hours to not feel nauseous and it's definitely ending up being way more than the recommended extra calories! 

Lately my workday food jam has been
    Banana and fresh berries with greek yogurt and granola at home
    Mid-morning toast with peanut butter and jam 
    salad for lunch with lots of veggies such as kale, carrot, bell peppers and parsley!
    afternoon snacks of grapes, apples (loving pink lady) and maybe more toast

by dinner I am exhausted and often order pizza which gives me heartburn but is so tasty in the moment. I've also been drinking lots of watered down pineapple juice or lemonade on a glass full of ice.

i need more snack ideas that are not fruit or toast. Side note - I was allergic to apples pre-pregnancy and that went away with the pregnancy so I'm obsessing over them. Never knew what I was missing!
  • Just found milk chocolate covered graham crackers at the gift shop at work and I'm in heaven. Now if they only had milk chocolate covered oreos...
  • Harvest Snaps lightly salted snapea crisps are my go-to snack right now.  Keeps me from stuffing my face, and I don't feel guilty about grazing on them. 

I'm not a super healthy eater.  My actual meals, particularly dinner, are generally unhealthy.  I'm trying to at least keep the snacking in-between meals healthy.  Meanwhile, I'm daydreaming about the italian sausage lasagna that's waiting for me at home.  I don't normally like cheese, but I love lasagna and mac & cheese for some reason.

• I still just want all the pizza..
  • Literally paid $40 with the hubs to see Mark Wahlberg on the big screen and eat alllll the super buttery popcorn they'd give me  
  • @nktrodden826 movie popcorn is my favorite!!
  • I just ate all the taco bell! I was super cranky, and after taking three kids to the pediatrician alone in the freezing rain I felt like I needed some cheesy goodnes.  It was amazing, hoping I won't regret it later.
  • @nktrodden826, on Saturday I drove 30 miles for one of the plastic buckets you can get at cinemark for $7 and the refills are $3.75 all year long.  The theatre 5 minutes from house had sold out.  I didn't go see a movie either.  Actually, I have been known to go to the theatre, buy popcorn, and leave on a regular basis.  That's how much I love movie theatre popcorn.  I even own a movie theatre popcorn machine, but it's huge so I only use it for outdooor movie nights and parties.
  • This thread is making me so hungry. I shouldn't eat anymore but I'm ravenous. Must.exercise.self.control.