May 2017 Moms
Options

NBR Amazon gift return question

We received some gifts from Amazon from a cut off family member yesterday and DH went through the return process and mailed them back to Amazon. Does anyone know if it credits his Amazon account or the original purchaser?

Re: NBR Amazon gift return question

• Options
    I do believe it depends on whether it was labeled as a gift. If it was listed as a gift, I believe you will receive Amazon credit, but if it was not, then the 'cut off family member' will receive the refund.

It could also depend on how it was returned and if it was labeled as a gift when returned.
  • Options
    I do believe it depends on whether it was labeled as a gift. If it was listed as a gift, I believe you will receive Amazon credit, but if it was not, then the 'cut off family member' will receive the refund.

It could also depend on how it was returned and if it was labeled as a gift when returned.
    He didn't even think about it until the packages were on their way back to maybe call customer service to make sure it was refund to them. Thank you for responding :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It depends what you selected when you processed the return. Usually defaults to Amazon gift card unless you select original payment method.
  • Options
    Oh lord I would be typing ALLLLLLL night. It's a SIL that insists I stole and trapped my DH with my magic lady powers all to get all his money (we're pretty equal there) and forced him to buy the house we have (other way around, he talked me into it lol) and am the most disrespectful *dirty slang word* she's ever met.  All this stems from DH and I having very normal boundaries as our own family. I had a LO from a previous relationship and we starting dating when LO was very very young and LO now views DH as the only dad they've ever known. She goes through cycles of trying to contact us via text to start fights, we never respond, and then suddenly getting sweet and sending "loving" voice mails or small gifts to kids. She recently crossed the very last straw I had left. We normally just donate what's sent but decided to return to sender this time.
  • Options
    Oy. I'm sorry to hear you have to deal with that. My SILs are more protective of DH than their own mother, but thankfully I live across the country from them. 

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • Options
    @NotAPlaya-JustCrushAlot it's become something that DH and I have "battle plans" for and we stick to those. It's way easier now than it was years ago. They only pop up via text or call once  twice a year (PIL's are on very very limited contact) instead of the every 3 week in person crazy circus shows. We moved 900+ miles away and that was AMAZING.