Babies on the Brain

Anyone here?

Happy New Year Ladies!
I can't be the only one here lurking right??? I know @AllyTheKid is hanging around so come out and play with us! :) Share as little or as much as you'd like
What brings you to BOTB?
How long have you been on TB?
Do you have a board that you are a regular poster on?
Any kids? Furbabies?
Anything else you would like to add?

Re: Anyone here?

• What brings you to BOTB?
    I am here here because I don't really fit anywhere else right now. I'm excited to get back to the TTGP board but I still have a bit before we start trying so I don't think I really fit there yet. 
    Forever. But really - I started on the knot with my wedding planning but didn't discover the message board aspect until I was I was TTC DS 2 so around Dec 2010
    Nope :( I wish this board was more active. I would love to post more here. 
    Any kids? Furbabies?
    3 boys, 2 doggies and a cat
    TTA? TTC? Just in the thinking about it phase?
    I am in a waiting phase We are planning to start trying late spring/early summer. 
     I just wish this board was still active. It used to be quite busy back in the day. 
  • I'll play!

What brings you to BOTB? I'm benched/tta at the moment **tw** due to recent mc **end tw** and not sure I'm ready to ttc just yet.

How long have you been on TB? I've lurked off and on since 2014

Do you have a board that you are a regular poster on? Up until last week, I was July 17. Now I'm mostly on the ttcal / pregnancy loss (mostly lurking, sometimes posting)

Any kids? Furbabies? We have one amazing 18 month old son and 2 crazy cats

Anything else you would like to add? Not really. I'll probably check in here from time to time. Hopefully things will pick up soon @glitzandglitter :smile:
  • Loading the player...
  • What brings you to BOTB?
    I would love to be TTC right now!! But we have a 10 month old and DH isn't on board for trying for #2 yet. Probably won't TTC until mid-late summer, but I'm trying for a little sooner!

Since about...July or August 2015? I found out I was expecting July 15th, 2015, just don't remember when I discovered TB!

Not at the moment, mostly lurking. I was active on March 2016 while pregnant though!

Any kids? Furbabies?
    Just my one 10 month old son :) 

Not really, I think it would be neat for this board to be more active! 
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• mill1020mill1020 member
    edited January 2017

What brings you to BOTB?  After five kids, I still want one more.  Maybe I will always want "one more" no matter what happens or how blessed we may be.  (Yes, I realize that this makes me sound like an A-hole).  Also, I'd really like our daughter to have a sister, because I never did.  Lastly, my husband is a great dad and I selfishly want to keep our family "going" for as long as we can.  Edit: DH is "maybe" starting to warm up to the idea but we are definitely not TTC now, and won't be for at least 6 months due to just having gone to Mexico (Zika).

How long have you been on TB?  Oh gosh.  I think I joined in like, late 2004, when our oldest was a baby?  Maybe 2005?  Can't even remember.  Went through several years of not even checking in, since it was all feral around here, then came back when I got pregnant w/ #4 and again w/ #5.  It's a little more civilized now.

Do you have a board that you are a regular poster on?  For awhile I posted on the Sept 2015 BMB but don't post there much these days.  I also have a serious name obsession and have posted on Nameberry for years.

Any kids? Furbabies?  Five kids--four boys (12, 11, 3, and 1) and one girl (9).  Would totally be lying if I said I didn't want another GIRL really REALLY badly, but would be happy w/ another boy too.  No furbabies; just two goldfish (I have allergies).  Anybody have any tips on how to conceive a girl?  We seem to make a lot of boys.  :)

Anything else you would like to add?  I lurk on the IF board because a friend has lean PCOS and has been trying for 3-3.5 years to have children and I'm hoping to find some success stories that could maybe help her (I know that this is also a jerk thing to do--to suggest things for her to try--so I don't, like, call her up and say, "have you tried standing on your head" etc but I do want to be able to listen w/ an empathic and somewhat informed ear).  Another reason I lurk there is because when I was 11 years old, my mom told me I'd probably be infertile due to a medical condition (LONG story but I believed her completely).  So sometimes I wonder how life would be if I weren't so lucky and actually did have IF.

Laura, mom of:
    James (14)
    William (13)
    Elise (11)
    Zachary (5)
    George (3)

www.letterstoauntkay.com [making the blog private.  PM me if you want to subscribe]
  • Hi everyone, I check in from time to time and we are now 1 month away from TTC#3. Sorry stuck in quote box!

What brings you to BOTB? We decided back in Aug we would TTC #3 starting the beginning of Feb. I can't believe we are almost there. Time flies!!

How long have you been on TB? On and off since DD1 back in 2012. I've since changed screen names bc I couldn't remember my log in a few months back. 

Do you have a board that you are a regular poster on? For now I mostly do a lot of lurking since I don't have a home board yet. I like baby names!

Any kids? 2 daughters 4,3  No fur babies 
    im excited and nervous to start this journey again!!

DD1: 2/28/12
    DD2: 9/12/13
    Baby #3: Due January 2018

• Hi Ladies! I'm glad there are some others here :) I am thinking of trying out a weekly post and seeing how that goes...maybe started on Mondays, we could add to it throughout the week? Thoughts?

@pumpkin0193 I am so sorry for your loss. 

@cecilb93 My DH's timeline and mine did not match up either. He is a year behind me. I was ready to start trying again in May/June 2016. So I've been waiting on him.

@Mill1020  I hear ya! I am struggling with those thoughts too. I have 3 now but I have always wanted a 4th. DH just recently came around to the idea thankfully. This will be it for us though and the idea of it being my last even though it's what is best for us makes me kind of sad that we will be done.  
    Also, I am a mosquito magnet and live in Florida so I plan on talking to my OB at my yearly for bug spray recommendations. 

@PhillymommaX2 How exciting! Good Luck next month:)
  • It's Alive!!! (The board I mean  ;) )

What brings you to BOTB? I have a serious case "one more" just like @mill1020. So, I don't think you're an a-hole! Just waiting until my Nexplanon expires, or until we decided to just do it and get it done.

How long have you been on TB? I joined in January 2014, so this is actually my 2-year Bump anniversary. I did everything out of order, I started out on The Nest, then The Bump, and I'm finally graduating to The Knot (getting married June 9th ya'll!).

Do you have a board that you are a regular poster on? I post on the August 2015 BMB and the October 2016 BMB, also in Blended Families, Parenting, the babies and toddler boards, and lurk/infrequently post in the TTGP board. At this point, I'm just trying to find somewhere fairly active to 'belong'. I am an extremely social person, but have a nonexistent real social life. 

Any kids? Furbabies? I have 4 children collectively, DD (5y/o) from my previous marriage, DS1 (17mo), DS2 (3mo), and a SS (9y/o). We have no pets, we had one wore cat, but she ran off and left us for the neighbors.

Anything else you would like to add? Just that I hope you all stick around (until you're ready to TTC anyway!), we can get this board more active, and I look forward to getting to know you!

• Also, I'm totally down for a weekly thread. Hell, I'd be down for some daily threads just to try to encourage regular participation. Want to bounce some ideas back and forth? I still do dailies in my O16 BMB, so it looks something like this:
    Monday- Monday Bitchfest/Weekly Randoms
    Tuesday- Twatwaffle Tuesday
    Wednesday- WTF Wednesday
    Thursday- Unpopular Opinion Thursday
    Friday- Flame Free Friday Confessions 
    Saturday- Petty Problem Saturday
    Sunday- Happiness Thread
    And I think it'd be good to throw in a weekly check-in/GTKY kind of thread.
    Just an example, any thoughts?
  • @AllyTheKid, congratulations on your upcoming wedding.  Are you doing the planning yourself?  We got married when we were pregnant w/ #3, which was kind of funny to call it our "shotgun" wedding when our third child was on the way.  I would also be down with a daily post thing on this board, if it's okay if I flake sometimes.  :)

@pumpkin0913, I am very sorry for your mc.  You say your son is 18 months; my youngest is about to be 16 months.  I feel like it's a really fun age about 50% of the time--and the other half is "interesting" because they are figuring out that they've got a mind of their own.

@glitzandglitter, if you end up trying in May/June 2017, maybe we will be "buddies" since that's my (hopeful) timeframe too.  Puts the due date at or around Feb 2018 if all goes well...

@PhillymommaX2, I know I shouldn't ask this (always hated it when people would ask me, if after 2 boys I wanted a girl--I honestly didn't care) but are you wanting to try for a boy this time?  :)  I am totally cool with another boy, I swear (already have a name picked out, if so), but I do really want a girl, to be totally honest.

Did I miss anyone?  George is getting grumpy so I need to run.
    Laura, mom of:
    James (14)
    William (13)
    Elise (11)
    Zachary (5)
    George (3)

www.letterstoauntkay.com [making the blog private.  PM me if you want to subscribe]
  • edited January 2017
    Also, I'm totally down for a weekly thread. Hell, I'd be down for some daily threads just to try to encourage regular participation. Want to bounce some ideas back and forth? I still do dailies in my O16 BMB, so it looks something like this:
    Monday- Monday Bitchfest/Weekly Randoms
    Tuesday- Twatwaffle Tuesday
    Wednesday- WTF Wednesday
    Thursday- Unpopular Opinion Thursday
    Friday- Flame Free Friday Confessions 
    Saturday- Petty Problem Saturday
    Sunday- Happiness Thread
    And I think it'd be good to throw in a weekly check-in/GTKY kind of thread.
    Just an example, any thoughts?
    I would love to do daily threads. 

@mill1020 I would love a buddy:)
  • There used to be a monthly check-in when I first started lurking here. It kind of died over the summer, though. Basic questions of how long until you're TTC and what you're doing to prepare.

I'm cool with weekly or daily threads to try and encourage participation, but for those of us that go between this board and other ones, I think the generic daily ones would honestly be really boring. May just be me, but I'm not keen on posting the same TW post between multiple boards...
    Maybe more BOTB-geared ones, like "Preparation Monday" 

What brings you to BOTB? Generally speaking, I just lurk here. Because there's really no regular activity. I was actively TTGP from Aug-Nov 2015 and stopped due to timing with my college classes. Originally we planned to try again from Aug-Nov 2016, but that didn't happen for various reasons, so we're just TTA until August of this year.

How long have you been on TB? Since August 2015. I was on TK when we were preparing for our wedding as well.

Do you have a board that you are a regular poster on? The only other boards I really post on are TTGP and occasionally Blended Families. Mostly I stay in LFAF.

Any kids? Furbabies? I have one DSS who's 8, and one Beagle mix who's a year and a half.

Anything else you would like to add? Nada

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• @izza2 Right right, we could definitely stand to structure threads more BOTB-related topics. Just have to brainstorm a bit on that one. Since I'll likely be TTA/Benched for the long term, some questions could get awfully mundane. Thank you for your input! I originally recognized you from the Blended Families board, man there has been some CrayCray in there... not recently, but over the last year. 
  • How fun - I'd love to see this board more active!  Weekly or daily check ins sound awesome.  I'd especially enjoy checking off to do list before TTC type posts, but anything is good! :)

What brings you to BOTB: I have major baby fever and would love to be TTC already, but I am benched for medical reasons until August.  I had postpartum thyroiditis after giving birth to DD, and it's taken AGES to get my thyroid back to normal so my endocrinologist wants me to wait until 18 months postpartum, which will be August 8th (and which feels like forever away, haha.). But overall this is good because I'll have time save money for double daycare costs (dreading that!) and to lose the rest of the baby weight and get in really good shape for the next time around.  

How long have you been on TB: I joined in May of 2015 after we found out I was pregnant with DD.

Do you have a board that you are a regular poster on?  January 2016, even though DD was overdue and actually wound up being born in February.

Any kids?  Fur babies?  We have our almost 11 mo daughter, Rose, two cats and a dog.

Anything else you would like to add?  I've been doing a weekly fitness/weight loss check in on the January board, but very few are still participating at this point - would there be any interest 
    here?

• @maureenmce Hello!
    I think a fitness/weight loss check in is a great idea because 1) fitness/health is very important to be mindful of before TTC 2) It is likely one of all of our new year resolutions 3) Being less than 4 months post partum personally, I could use the "friendly reminder" of a check in to help stay motivated :)

• Welcome @maureenmce :) I love the idea of a fitness/health thread. 

I'd like a benched thread and weekly chatter as well. 
  • Okay, should Benched and TTA be one thread or should they have their own separate threads? They tend to have separate situations, so whatever you all think is best I'm down with.
  • @maureenmce I love your daughter's name.  It was my top choice if Georgie had been a girl.
    Laura, mom of:
    James (14)
    William (13)
    Elise (11)
    Zachary (5)
    George (3)

• PhillymommaX2PhillymommaX2 member
    edited January 2017

@PhillymommaX2, I know I shouldn't ask this (always hated it when people would ask me, if after 2 boys I wanted a girl--I honestly didn't care) but are you wanting to try for a boy this time?  :)  I am totally cool with another boy, I swear (already have a name picked out, if so), but I do really want a girl, to be totally honest
    I honestly don't care. We aren't trying for a boy but it will certainly be welcomed. A girl would be nice out of pure convience because I have tubs and tubs of clothes and the nursery is already decorated for a girl. Plus, all I know is girls lol. Girls are drama queens and and I hear boys are easier ??? Haha

• I check in frequently and will definitely participate in any threads. Looking forward to it!

• Glad to hear many of you would be interested in a fitness thread!  I'll start one next Monday and make it weekly, if that's cool.  Give us some time to get in the groove of the new year.  (I'm back to work today and feeling overwhelmed as as if my brain isn't fully working, haha!)

• Glad to hear many of you would be interested in a fitness thread!  I'll start one next Monday and make it weekly, if that's cool.  Give us some time to get in the groove of the new year.  (I'm back to work today and feeling overwhelmed as as if my brain isn't fully working, haha!)

Perfect! I will watch for it. 
    Boo for returning to work that will be me tomorrow  :'( At least it's not a full week - this is what I'm repeating to myself to try to make me feel better about it lol

• @PhillymommaX2, I used to think boys were easier but now I think girls are.  :)  Maybe it's just that our daughter is so much easier than our boys.
    Laura, mom of:
    James (14)
    William (13)
    Elise (11)
    Zachary (5)
    George (3)

• I love the fitness thread idea! Also maybe some sort of weekly food thread (meal planning monday or what's for dinner wednesday) or something like that. I love trying new recipes!
  • @mill1020 I'm curious to find out! My girls bicker and fight  a lot but when they are alone they are the sweetest most loving children haha. They really get on each other's nerves. I'm hoping it gets better when my oldest goes to school full time next year. They spend wayyyy too much time together now lol

• What brings you to BOTB?  My third baby just turned one in October, we have always planned to have four kids and we wanted them to be close in age. I had originally thought to give myself more time after my last pregnancy, but baby fever is getting to me and all our kids are around one year apart, so we are talking about pulling the trigger soon.  
    How long have you been on TB?  Since about 2011, but I took a break after having my 3rd.
    Do you have a board that you are a regular poster on?  Not right now.  
    Any kids? Furbabies?  Three, two girls and a boy.  And a police dog and little furball, Lucy.  
    Anything else you would like to add?  I'm happy to be back here and looking forward to getting to know everyone. I hope it's okay that I posted here.  I didn't know how to jump back in!
  • What brings you to BOTB?  I'm TTA until later this year and wanted to join in but not sure there's a board I really fit in on.
    How long have you been on TB?  since February of last year. I lurked here and there during my pregnancy. I don't think I've ever made a post until now! 
    Any kids? Furbabies?  I have a 3 month old daughter and two beagles age 8 and 4.
    Anything else you would like to add?  I'm looking forward to getting to know you all!
  • Welcome @adnama585! I feel the same way. I think I will eventually move over to TTGP but it's too early at this point for me so I stay here for now. It is still not super active here but it is getting better:) I hope you will stick around 

• What brings you to BOTB? My wife and I are setting our minds/lives up to TTC toward the end of this year, and I wanted to build up a support system for myself in preparation! 

How long have you been on TB? Just joined this month!! Hi!

Do you have a board that you are a regular poster on? I've tried to get a couple of threads on LGBT parenting to be more active, but it seems I'm the only member of Team Rainbow in the Bump Universe who's into posting!  I've been lurking on all the TTC boards for awhile and I'd love to have some daily threads to keep up with, since I'm not actively TTC.

TTA? TTC? Just in the thinking about it phase?
    Not TTC right now...not TTA either...unless you count being gay! :)

Any kids? Furbabies? We have two cats: Frankie and Louie

Anything else you would like to add? Nothing really -- looking forward to building support systems, and hopefully starting our little family soon!

My wife and I have conceived a babe with my body and frozen donor sperm through IUI, with medication support (clomid, ovidrel, and injections of progesterone)

IUI #1, #2, and #3: Dec 2017, Jan 2018, and Feb 2018 - all BFN
    HSG Test: April 2018 - all clear!
    IUI #4: April 15/16, 2018 - BFP!! EDD: Jan 7, 2019 

• @lala2moms2be We had a team rainbow mom in my October BMB, they got twins! She used to be a very active poster, but I don't know if she ever got on the LGBT board or not. 
    Obviously now with the twins she's a busy bee, but if I see her around anywhere I'll direct her your way, she's amazing and would be a great resource since she has BTDT.
  • Welcome @lala2moms2be :)
    Laura, mom of:
    James (14)
    William (13)
    Elise (11)
    Zachary (5)
    George (3)

• @AllyTheKid  That would be fantastic! :)

My wife and I have conceived a babe with my body and frozen donor sperm through IUI, with medication support (clomid, ovidrel, and injections of progesterone)

IUI #1, #2, and #3: Dec 2017, Jan 2018, and Feb 2018 - all BFN
    HSG Test: April 2018 - all clear!
    IUI #4: April 15/16, 2018 - BFP!! EDD: Jan 7, 2019