February 2017 Moms

Appointments: Week of January 16

Re: Appointments: Week of January 16

• Ok thanks @leslie1331!! 

Side note about for ohio mamas... I'm so happy we are having mild weather right now, I hope you up towards Cleveland are having it more mild too!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @FreshBakedBrownies I'm so glad to hear things went better through the night! I hope you are able to get some rest this week and your repeat NST looks good!

@Xstatic3333 I have no advice but you're in my thoughts!
  • Loading the player...
  • kswiger06 said:
    Ok thanks @leslie1331!! 

Side note about for ohio mamas... I'm so happy we are having mild weather right now, I hope you up towards Cleveland are having it more mild too!

Oh I hear ya!  50's and 60's in January? I'll take it.  I would be happy with 40's.  I was watching Fox8 yesterday and they said they are predicting temps below average and above average snowfall in February though. Now, who knows what will happen, but I am at least enjoying it while we have it!
  • @FreshBakedBrownies glad to hear it went better overnight. Please take it easy and keep us updated!! Thinking of you and wishing you good vibes!!
  • @kswiger06 @Partyof6?  Just called my OB and they said they will write the prescription whenever I need it. So, definitely not an Ohio thing. I wonder why they wouldn't?!
  • @kswiger06 @Partyof6?  Just called my OB and they said they will write the prescription whenever I need it. So, definitely not an Ohio thing. I wonder why they wouldn't?!
    My actual guess is two part.  The hospital could prefer you get them through their in house company for the money,  or people were getting them through insurance but had no intention to breastfeed and resold them?   

Or?  I don't know,  the nurse said they used to,  but don't now.  I just want to see what the options are through the hospital, and can't find the information. 
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Partyof6? said:
    @kswiger06 @Partyof6?  Just called my OB and they said they will write the prescription whenever I need it. So, definitely not an Ohio thing. I wonder why they wouldn't?!
    My actual guess is two part.  The hospital could prefer you get them through their in house company for the money,  or people were getting them through insurance but had no intention to breastfeed and resold them?   

Or?  I don't know,  the nurse said they used to,  but don't now.  I just want to see what the options are through the hospital, and can't find the information. 
    My husband said he thinks it's so the hospital gets the money for them... it just doesn't seem right that they can force us to wait, when it's not really their concern, if the insurance company will do it now. Hmm weird. Well thanks @leslie1331 it's just our drs/hospitals and not a state thing. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @FreshBakedBrownies - hugs and happy thoughts for you!!!

• @Partyof6? @kswiger06 I just got my pump script this week (35) and put in the order.  I'll be interested to see if they push back on it.    Had my 35 week appointment and my girl is measuring 85 percentile and 6 lbs 11 oz ( how can they tell?). I couldn't really make out much on the ultrasound.   Yay for butt swabs! Donesy!
  • I had my 35 week Ob appt today where they did the GBS swab....  

Ill have a Follow up ultrasound next week to check babys size and position as I am measuring over 3 weeks behind and haven't gained anything in weeks. 

That and Im pretty sure My Bottom is bruised from how many pokes it took the intern to get a swab 

• mrsgabus said:
    I had my 35 week Ob appt today where they did the GBS swab....  

Ill have a Follow up ultrasound next week to check babys size and position as I am measuring over 3 weeks behind and haven't gained anything in weeks. 

That and Im pretty sure My Bottom is bruised from how many pokes it took the intern to get a swab 
    This is a good example of why I do not let students in learning touch my body. Some people don't mind since these people are learning, but I've had way way wayyyy too many of them do something incorrectly multiple times before finally doing it right or letting someone have a shot. And I feel like crying for you, the swab sucks as it is. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • kswiger06 said:
    mrsgabus said:
    I had my 35 week Ob appt today where they did the GBS swab....  

This is a good example of why I do not let students in learning touch my body. Some people don't mind since these people are learning, but I've had way way wayyyy too many of them do something incorrectly multiple times before finally doing it right or letting someone have a shot. And I feel like crying for you, the swab sucks as it is. 
    Honestly I've never had any issues with interns but if You can't do it right then don't even attempt it.

• @mrsgabus that's ridiculous! How hard is it to get a swab? Good grief, that student would worry me.
  • I hope everything turns out okay @freshbakedbrownies! I'll be thinking of you.

after my ultrasound today doctor said my fluid levels were 'low end of normal.' So I have to go back Monday have another ultrasound then they'll decide what to do. 
  • 35w4d
    1-2 cm dilated, almost completely effaced
    Baby girl is measuring in the 19th percentile at 5 lbs 2 oz. Her head is so low the US tech had a hard time getting a measurement, and the OB said she could touch her scalp.
    I had blood in breast discharge. The breast exam was fine, but OB ordered a breast US just to make sure.
    Also, yay for bum swabs. Tbh, my OB did it so fast and easy that it wasn't bad at all.

Praying we make it to 37 weeks!
  • 38+1 today and had my OB appointment. Did a sweep, and I'm 1cm, but still a bit high. Measuring 41 weeks (what?). Could be any time.
  • Great news @FreshBakedBrownies!!
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • Hello all you lovely ladies!!! FTM here... estimated due date was 2/11 and then they changed it to 2/21. Who knows when she'll really arrive! I've been stalking these chats for quite awhile and am overwhelmed with the love, encouragement, and support you've all shown each other! I definitely want to be a part of it! Hope you and your precious babes are doing well...  3
  • Had my strep B today, mine wasn't too bad. Than had a cervical check  :o  :s Yeah. Braxton Hicks evidently aren't doing too terribly much, Bishops score was a 2. I want a 5 by mid next week! Get to work involuntary contractions! Go!
    Me: 31  H: 32
    Married: 10/10
    EDD: 8/27/16  MMC 1/16
    Rainbow Boy: 2/04/17
    TTC: 4/18 BFP: 1/2/19
    EDD: 9/6/19
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Exciting new development: I had a couple of high BP readings tonight, so I'm going in first thing tomorrow morning to get checked out.  
  • Exciting new development: I had a couple of high BP readings tonight, so I'm going in first thing tomorrow morning to get checked out.  
    :open_mouth:

good luck tomorrow! Hopefully your BP regulates itself.
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • Oh no! @NiceyMeany  I hope it was just a random night for the high BP and it's not turning into anything. But I'm glad you're having it checked out as soon as possible. Keeping my FX'd for it to be a random thing.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @NiceyMeany that's how I had a baby :o
  • I went to my weekly OB appt today and a different doc from the practice walked it. He's a nice guy; I met him before but I was a little surprised. I said I was seeing Dr. G today and he closed the door and said, "uhh she's not seeing OB patients anymore. It was kind of a sudden thing". Uhhh what? I knew that there was a chance anyone in the practice could be delivering my son, so I don't need to find a new OB and I'm fine with Dr. B, but just still kinda shocked. My OB was board certified and did a residency in OB. It doesn't seem like something you just drop. She's still going to continue as a GYN. 
  • @NiceyMeany Hope everything checks out for you! FX!
    BFP #1: DD born on 08.25.12 BFP #2: 09/08/15 miscarried at 6w BFP #3: DD2 born on 02.07.17
  • Good luck @NiceyMeany...Thinking of you!
  • Good luck @NiceyMeany! Keep us posted. 
  • @NiceyMeany I hope your BP is ok now & things are going well.

@purplewriter that sounds weird you didn't get any sort of heads up about your doctor no longer seeing ob appointments. Sounds like there's more to the story, but maybe personal or something the other doctor isn't at liberty to talk to patients about?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @FreshBakedBrownies I got the impression that was the case, something he wasn't at liberty to say and the office staff didn't really have any info for me either. 
  • On my way to the hospital, the community midwife who has been out to see me every day since i got home isnt happy with my heart rate being so low and my general feeling crapness so shes phoned me in so hopefully itll just be some swabs and home and not an admision!
  • On my way to the hospital, the community midwife who has been out to see me every day since i got home isnt happy with my heart rate being so low and my general feeling crapness so shes phoned me in so hopefully itll just be some swabs and home and not an admision!
    Thinking of you! Keep us posted, hope everything is okay and you get better soon!