Trying to Get Pregnant

Weekly Randoms - week of 1/16

Re: Weekly Randoms - week of 1/16

• By the way we did make the alpaca thread but by that time it had been deleted. I feel so bad for the world that it wasn't immortalized 

• Loading the player...
  • Today was a super busy day and apparently I missed all the dramas.

**TW**
    Me & DH: 32
    Married 2013
    Kiddo #1: Sept 2015
    BFP: 1/19, EDD: 9/30

"I'm having fruit salad for dinner. Well, it's mostly just grapes, actually. Ok all grapes. Fermented grapes. Fine, I'm having wine for dinner."
  • Those who were chatting about Navient earlier in this thread! Look what just came up on Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/personalfinance/comments/5ou70b/heads_up_the_federal_government_just_filed_suit/?st=IY4DVG29&sh=d5533bc6

Me: 25 | DH: 25  
    DD: Aug. 15
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @irohspupil We were actually talking about that yesterday

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree
  • Damn missed it. Sorry guys 

Me: 25 | DH: 25  
    DD: Aug. 15
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ladies, I have a question and need you expertise.  I have been taking a PNV. I picked it because it was highly ranked on a site that grades supplements.  I have no idea how to tell if I am actually getting what I need from it or if it is good quality (not sure if I trust the site that graded it). How do you ladies determine what PNV to take?  Thanks Ladies!

Me 30 DH 36                                  
    Married 9/26/15
    TTC 2/10/17 - BFP 5/5/17 - EDD 1/11/18

• @Sglen3 My doctor told me basically any brand is fine, and the main thing is to find a version that doesn't make you sick to your stomach (namely because if you get morning sickness, you definitely won't want to take something that makes you nauseated anyway). My mom purchased me a brand with folate instead of folic acid for some reason that I forgot about now and I just take those. 

My doctor also recommended taking vitamin D in addition to PNVs during the winter.

• aggoaggo member
    edited January 2017
    @adirat  I also read a lot about folate vs folic acid - I guess it's because folate is the natural form or something? 

@eggplantface I've heard the 800 mg minimum folic acid thing as well! Mine has 1000 which I'm a fan of.

ETA: tagged wrong person, can't read (sorry @LuND !)

Anniversary

TTGP March Siggy Challenge: Animals Celebrating St. Patrick's Day 

• @ag90 not sure you meant to tag me as I didn't make the 800mg folic acid comment lol. But, while I'm here, I'll say that I prefer folate over folic acid for PNVs. Just google "folate vs folic acid" for the info. 
  • @sglen3 - My doctor also said she didn't recommend a specific brand, as long as it had 800 mg of folic acid.  When I said I was on Rainbow Light, she said "oh I really like that brand," so I've stuck with it. Anytime I debate changing, Iturn the bottle around and compare the amounts of the brand I'm tempted to switch to and the Rainbow Light bottle; every time I've decided that overall the Rainbow Light has higher or equal levels of the nutrients that are most important/I care about the most.  So I've never switched.  

When I asked about folate vs folic acid, my doctor said both were fine and she didn't have a preference of one over the other.  

The one thing about Rainbow Light is you need to take an additional DHA.  Rainbow Light has a DHA pill, but I don't like it because it has orange essential oil in it.  I don't like to take EOs internally and the relevant medical organizations recommend avoiding EOs during the first trimester.  So the fact that a pill that is targeting to pregnant woman has an EO is mind boggling to me.  But I'll get off my soap box on that...

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
  • adirat said:
    @Sglen3 My doctor told me basically any brand is fine, and the main thing is to find a version that doesn't make you sick to your stomach (namely because if you get morning sickness, you definitely won't want to take something that makes you nauseated anyway). My mom purchased me a brand with folate instead of folic acid for some reason that I forgot about now and I just take those. 

My doctor also recommended taking vitamin D in addition to PNVs during the winter.
    Mine too. And I take it at night in case it does make me sick, but so far the NatureMade is OK, just the occasional heartburn but that may be more related to what I eat for dinner.

@Sglen3 Check out the Supplement Thread from a few months ago. @LuND posted about folate vs. folic acid, plus other discussions.
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Thanks ladies! Appreciate it!

Me 30 DH 36                                  
    Married 9/26/15
    TTC 2/10/17 - BFP 5/5/17 - EDD 1/11/18

• I put this in TWW, but I'm also going to leave it here so everyone can see.

If you want some more funny reading, I found this amazing gem:
    https://forums.thebump.com/profile/jessntim3
    Read this second:
    https://forums.thebump.com/profile/mommyjess3 ;

Also, does anyone have a link to the "butt baby" thread? I wanna read that one. 
  • @KristoKekerooni you just scienced the ba-livin' out of that! Thanks for the heads up!
    Me: 29  DH: 32                                                                                          
    Married 9/27/2014
    TTC Since 1/1/2017
    BFP: 2/6/2017
    Due Date: 10/13/17
    pangur_ban_by_sequana-d31ja7y
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @KristoKekerooni Thank you! That is very helpful and news to me. Do you take any PNVs? If so, do you mind sharing what you take? 

• @KristoKekerooni

also, how do you feel about this website: https://labdoor.com/
  • @adirat - I sis, but haven't for a while. I can look at the brand when I get home. I haven't taken them in a long time. I can't even remember what color the bottle is. 

I should note, *spoiler alert* one of the most popular, the Vita-fusion gummies from Walmart are NOT USP. At least last time I checked they weren't, but that was about a year ago so it might have changed... probably not though. 
    TTC #1 since September 2014
    Diagnoses: RPL, Endometriosis, MFI (count, morph, DNI, DNAS, multiple bilateral subclinical varicoceles), low progesterone
    Check out my Infertility blog 
    Check out my Infertility Instagram

Loss History (TW):
    BFP: 3 May 2015, loss confirmed 4 June 2015
    BFP: 15 August 2015, loss confirmed 23 August 2015
    BFP: 16 November 2015, loss confirmed 22 November 2015
    BFP: 18 July 2016, loss confirmed same day
    BFP: 04 March 2018, loss confirmed 23 March 2018
    BFP: 12 June 2018, TWINS; D&C 06 July 2018
    TTC History (TW):
    3 losses in 2015
    Met with OBGYN in January 2016
    Me: all clear, H: OAT
    November 2016: HSG = All Clear!
    January 2017: H tested again,  High DNA fragmentation and stainability
    February 2017: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    March 2017: Clomid + HCG + IUI + Progesterone = SA/wash: zero count on attempt #1, <1,000 on attempt #2= BFN
    Varicocele Embolization- 5 May 17
    December 2017 SA: Zero improvement after embolization
    January IVF- 25 retrieved, 11 mature, 8 fertilized, 3 frozen day fives (3AA, 3AA, 3AA), 1 frozen day 6 (5BB), 1 frozen day 7 (3CC)
    Three PGS normal (3AA, 3AA, 5BB), one inconclusive (3AA)
    FET #1: 27 February 2018, 3AA & 5BB, one stuck! BFP 04 March 2018.... Loss confirmed 23 March 2018
    May 2018: SHG/SIS = all clear "beautiful uterus"
    FET #2: 04 June 2018, 3AA PGS normal embryo, 3AA PGS hatching inconclusive embryo. 
    BFP: 12 June 2018, EDD 20 February 2019
    Ultrasound, 25 June 2018: There are two
    Lost Baby A 02 July 2018
    Baby B not growing, D&C 06 July 2018
    Laparoscopy, hysteroscopy, chromotubation: 23 July 2018: blocked right tube, heavily inflamed, covered in endo. Removed right tube. Removed more endo from uterus, tubes, ovaries. Endo remains on bladder and bowel. 
    Next Up:
    TTC Naturally, possibly IUIs for remainder of 2018. 
    ER#2 ~Jan 2019

• @dinosaur those threads are just pure gold. I hope she comes back and hangs out here with the finance chick

• @Dinosaur @adirat OMG. Those threads are the only thing cheering me up today! Thank you thank you thank you! I wish her selfie was still up. I wish we could find her and ask for an update on her situation.

Me: 28 | DH: 33
    EDD: March 24, 2018 - angel baby at 21 weeks <3 

• @KristoKekerooni that's insane. I want to know the contents of my PNVs now. I'm so mad I can't take the Nature Made ones!! Also, I think it's really sucky and terrible of companies to make PNVs and not put the full contents in them because they know pregnant women and women TTC need these for healthy babies and they are messing with that. That is just disgusting. FDA should definitely regulate and stop giving in to just those with the money to buy them off.

Now I'm all fired up. I hate things like this, absolutely cannot stand.
    Anniversary

• Kiki75 said:
    Reading through those threads, all I could think was, "And that other thread got deleted?" That ish was child's play compared to what I was reading there.
    Probably because TB used to be moderated my members, not paid admins...
  • @ag90 - I totally feel you. But I didn't say you couldn't take them. They have started getting their products USP certified. Prenatals might be included. it's a slow process. Just look at the bottle. If they say USP, you are good, if not, switch.
    As a general rule: most gummies aren't USP. Most mix of vitamins (prentals, multvitamins, one a day, etc) aren't because it's a longer, harder process. If you can't find any prenatals right away that are USP, try finding a folic acid that is while you look for a prenatal that is in the meantime.

But I get it. It's frustrating. It's politics and really doesn't belong in health, but it's all over the health industry.
    TTC #1 since September 2014
    Diagnoses: RPL, Endometriosis, MFI (count, morph, DNI, DNAS, multiple bilateral subclinical varicoceles), low progesterone
    Check out my Infertility blog 
    Check out my Infertility Instagram

Loss History (TW):
    BFP: 3 May 2015, loss confirmed 4 June 2015
    BFP: 15 August 2015, loss confirmed 23 August 2015
    BFP: 16 November 2015, loss confirmed 22 November 2015
    BFP: 18 July 2016, loss confirmed same day
    BFP: 04 March 2018, loss confirmed 23 March 2018
    BFP: 12 June 2018, TWINS; D&C 06 July 2018
    TTC History (TW):
    3 losses in 2015
    Met with OBGYN in January 2016
    Me: all clear, H: OAT
    November 2016: HSG = All Clear!
    January 2017: H tested again,  High DNA fragmentation and stainability
    February 2017: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    March 2017: Clomid + HCG + IUI + Progesterone = SA/wash: zero count on attempt #1, <1,000 on attempt #2= BFN
    Varicocele Embolization- 5 May 17
    December 2017 SA: Zero improvement after embolization
    January IVF- 25 retrieved, 11 mature, 8 fertilized, 3 frozen day fives (3AA, 3AA, 3AA), 1 frozen day 6 (5BB), 1 frozen day 7 (3CC)
    Three PGS normal (3AA, 3AA, 5BB), one inconclusive (3AA)
    FET #1: 27 February 2018, 3AA & 5BB, one stuck! BFP 04 March 2018.... Loss confirmed 23 March 2018
    May 2018: SHG/SIS = all clear "beautiful uterus"
    FET #2: 04 June 2018, 3AA PGS normal embryo, 3AA PGS hatching inconclusive embryo. 
    BFP: 12 June 2018, EDD 20 February 2019
    Ultrasound, 25 June 2018: There are two
    Lost Baby A 02 July 2018
    Baby B not growing, D&C 06 July 2018
    Laparoscopy, hysteroscopy, chromotubation: 23 July 2018: blocked right tube, heavily inflamed, covered in endo. Removed right tube. Removed more endo from uterus, tubes, ovaries. Endo remains on bladder and bowel. 
    Next Up:
    TTC Naturally, possibly IUIs for remainder of 2018. 
    ER#2 ~Jan 2019

• Guys, that picture of her baby being "swaddled" in the night nanny thread tho... 
    Image result for geez gif
    Me: 29 | DH: 30
    Married since: May 2015
    TTC #1 since August 2016 (also TTC for 3 months in Fall 2015)
  • @KristoKekerooni just repeating myself because I don't think you saw the question and i'd love to hear your thoughts :) :  how do you feel about this website: https://labdoor.com/ ?

• @KristoKekerooni sadly I think last time I checked Nature Made were the only pills actually USP certified - and I can't take them :( Guess I'll start eating all the spinach...
    Anniversary

• @ag90 I'm not sure if you've already seen this, but just in case, I've found this helpful for when I'm trying to make the most out of my diet: https://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/folic-acid-foods/
  • Also, in case people aren't wading through all the pages, here is OP's (jess?) blog: https://akeptwomanslife.blogspot.com/
  • @kmac09 I'm reading it on mobile but are there only two entries? 

Generally though why would someone brag about being a "kept woman" ick ick ick

• @kmac09  I was really really excited about her blog until I realized there were only two entries. Womp womp!

Me: 28 | DH: 33
    EDD: March 24, 2018 - angel baby at 21 weeks <3