February 2017 Moms
Options

Wednesday Ticker Change (1/18)

Shamelessly stolen from Th/F Ticker Change! :) 

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

When is your next appointment? 

Any signs that baby could be coming soon? 

Rant/Rave/Questions? 

GTKY: What do you have left to do before baby gets here?

Re: Wednesday Ticker Change (1/18)

• Options
    38 weeks. 

Winter melon. 

Today will be my normal weekly check up. 

I keep having sporadic pains which I'm not sure is either false labor or just that LO is in a weird position and is stretching out a lot. I also feel "ready" for her to be here. 

Anyone else "done" with pregnancy? The aches and pains in these past few weeks have done me in. 

Not much! Everything is pretty much set that if she showed up today, everything would be ready. I guess maybe finishing up some last details at work before maternity leave but it's nothing I can't do from home. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 35 weeks

How big is baby? Pineapple. 

When is your next appointment? Not until next Friday. This is my last appointment-free week. 

Any signs that baby could be coming soon? I mean, "soon" is relative, right? I'm having period-like contractions for several hours a day, but there's no pattern to them and they do seem to be eased a bit by rubbing the crampy area (usually at the bottom of my belly). Other symptoms are just annoying - my sciatica is terrible, and the swelling in my feet has gotten pretty uncomfortable. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? I finally have an official last day at work, but it's hard to take that date seriously since it would mean working until 39+4, which is a whole month away. I'm committing myself firmly to staying through two more weeks after this week, and then playing it by ear. I've officially lasted longer at work than any of my colleagues who have had babies in recent years, so I feel like at least I've cleared some small hurdle. 

GTKY: What do you have left to do before baby gets here? One more baby shower at work a week from today, and a few odds and ends to pick up after that. We still need drawer organizers, a pack and play, a video monitor, and probably a bit of room decor. We will need more clothes, but I'm holding out until after the shower to see what's left to buy. I'm definitely emotionally ready to for baby to be here, though!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    39 weeks

How big is baby? 
    Pumpkin! 

Going to be induced this friday evening!!! 

Any signs that baby could be coming soon? Getting period like cramps alot, but my baby is still high. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? 
    Sleep sucks, so happy to know that the end is near. 

Getting things together for my substitute teacher for maternity leave, they finally hired someone on Monday and Friday is my last day at work. Talk about leaving it to the last min. But sadly she is not highly qualified, so she has to work 10 days then take a day off then work 10 days and take a day off, etc... It is soo stupid, I hate rules like this made by some politician who knows nothing about teaching, making it ridiculously hard for us and hurting our students. 

Married to my Soul Mate since 09/06/09

BabyFruit Ticker

MC 10.23.15 @ 10 weeks
  • Options
    36 weeks

Today is "ditch the stitch" day!!! I have an appointment at 1pm for my cerclage to be removed and my first weekly non stress test & ultrasound. So strange, I never believed I'd make it this far!

Signs baby could come soon: I'm not sure it means anything, but I'm getting more & more BH. There's no pattern to them though. 

Rant/rave: BH suck! I get them if I'm dehydrated but also if my bladder is just a little bit full. I also get them when laying down trying to sleep and I shift or move too much too fast. Rave: We got DS1's big boy bunk bed delivered, assembled, bedding ordered, washed and all set up in the past week. We also bought an extra dresser at ikea for baby and DH assembled it tonight. It's starting to feel possible to squeeze an extra child in our small house!

GTKY things left to do: While DS1 is at preschool this morning, my goal is to finish packing the hospital bag. But I also still need DH to get the baby car seat out of the box in the garage rafters and see if it needs cleaning up! The pack n play needs setting up in our bedroom still. Minor thing, but I either need to find the Snappis for the prefold cloth diapers or order new ones.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    36 weeks
    How big is baby? 
    Chihuahua! (3kg is what the lady said at the US today)
    Had my hospital registration thingy today, and the next regular one is a week from Friday.
    Aside from feeling a lot less comfortable than last week, not really. No cramping or anything.
    Rant/Rave/Questions? 
    I want to sleep on my belly again. Missing that soooo much right now.
    My parents are bringing DDs baby clothes this weekend, so folding and putting them on the shelves. Other than that, packing my hospital bag. For real this time. No seriously. I just can't get my butt into gear when I can practically see the delivery room from by bed. It's like, meh, whatever I forget someone will be able to go get it quickly.
    We're picking up a pack n play from some other moms on Saturday, but that will go to my parents' house for when we visit in March. We'll be travelling by train and no way am I lugging a PnP on that along with a baby, a toddler, and our random crap.
    The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• Options
    How far along are you? 35 weeks!

How big is baby? A Pineapple

When is your next appointment? tomorrow morning

Any signs that baby could be coming soon? nope he seems content right now. I keep telling him to wait until Feb 6th (our last baby class) and then he's welcome any time!

Rant/Rave/Questions? DH and I have a meeting with HR today. We plan to tell them that I'm not coming back and see what they recommend on how to handle it. I'm pretty nervous on what she's going to say. 

GTKY: What do you have left to do before baby gets here? So much :( We still need to put together all the nursery furniture. I need to wash all the clothes and stuff (though that is waiting on the furniture so I have a place to put the clean clothes). We either have almost everything or it's going to be delivered later this week or next though so that is good. I think we still need a couple small things like I realized we didn't get him a hair brush and I think he probably needs a sweatshirt since he has some short sleeved onsies. He probably needs a few more toys as we only got a couple at showers.

We have our birthing class Saturday, basic childcare class Feb 1st, and breastfeeding class Feb 6th. 

I also hope to cook up a few freezer meals beforehand! Eeek I feel like we're cutting it close!
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• Options
    How far along are you? 35 weeks

How big is baby? Pineapple

When is your next appointment? Friday

Any signs that baby could be coming soon? Painful BH for weeks, diarrhea the past few days.

Rant/Rave/Questions? Pelvic girdle pain is no joke. I'm 24, but people think I'm a teen mom.

GTKY: What do you have left to do before baby gets here? Almost done with the hospital bag.
  • Options
    38 weeks

Feels like a sack of Potatoes on my bladder.

Just had my pre op this morning.

Nope, I have a stage 4 clinger baby.

Dealing with insomnia blows. I'm a zombie all day and then when it's time to go to sleep I'm wide awake at 2 am. That business can stop anytime.

Still need to get my car cleaned, install the car seat, and pack my bag. Other than that I'm pretty ready to be done. It still hasn't hit me that next Friday he'll be in my arms.

• Options
    How far along are you? 
    39 weeks

How big is baby? 
    Pumpkin! 

Going to be induced this friday evening!!! 

Any signs that baby could be coming soon? Getting period like cramps alot, but my baby is still high. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? 
    Sleep sucks, so happy to know that the end is near. 

Getting things together for my substitute teacher for maternity leave, they finally hired someone on Monday and Friday is my last day at work. Talk about leaving it to the last min. But sadly she is not highly qualified, so she has to work 10 days then take a day off then work 10 days and take a day off, etc... It is soo stupid, I hate rules like this made by some politician who knows nothing about teaching, making it ridiculously hard for us and hurting our students. 
    Love and hate this for you (re: finding a sub!). Love for at least having some sense of consistency but hate because of all the dumb hoops to jump through. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    34 weeks

How big is baby? 
    Acorn squash?

Feb 1st.. then weekly after that!

not yet

Rant/Rave/Questions? 
    I am so DONE with work. I don't know how I'm going to drag my ass through the next four weeks. Is it bad that I almost hope for  a couple week early labor so I don't have to work anymore?
    I met my new Doctor, and thankfully I already really like her (and the new practice in general). I have zero regrets for switching!

ummm a lot. I have been a serious slacker.