Pregnant after 35

Hi ladies, anyone here?

Just checking in to see if anyone is active here?
I made an intro here a few weeks ago, I'm 9wks3d today. I'm counting my blessings every day, as I have a history of multiple losses in early pregnancy. 

I had an ultrasound yesterday and baby was moving around and heart rate was 182. Huge relief and a great source of encouragement  <3
Tomorrow I have some blood work and meeting with a nutritionist. 
This will be my 5th child, but my fiancé's 1st!

Would love to connect with other pg women over 35!
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Hi ladies, anyone here?

• Hi Thistle! This board sadly is pretty dead.  I Lurk here hoping for activity but there isn't much.  Congrats on your 9 week mark! Are you having cvs or other genetic tests?   I'm due in 4 weeks and cannot wait. 
  • So exciting @CornchipLA! You're So close! My goodness :) Do you have other children? Do you know the sex of your baby? How are you feeling?

Last year there was a group of women on here that I was close with from TTC after 35, but they've all gone on to have their babies! 

I am planning to do the genetic testing :)
    The nurse I spoke with did talk about it over the phone and said she ordered my labs, so hopefully tomorrow at my prenatal intake I'll know more. 
    Even though we conceived naturally, we had been seeing an RE and they've been monitoring betas and scans. I've officially graduated, so I'm preparing to meet our midwife next Monday.

Thanks for answering my post! 

• Loading the player...
  • The big milestone for me was getting the genetic results back - not that you ever relax but it helps!!! I'm having a girl and am a FTM at almost 42.  I can't wait.  I feel pretty good.  Lots of BH contractions these days. 

is your fiancé super excited too?  Thinking of you and that this little one sticks in hard ❤
  • Congrats all on your pregnancies! I had a positive test yesterday and this is after trying a little over two years! I'm extastic! They estimate I'm 8 weeks right now, but I'll know next week for sure how far along I really am!
  • Hi All! This makes me nervous that there are only a few moms-2be here. I'm 42 and just over 6 weeks. I miscarried in January at 7 wks 2days, so I'm trying to stay positive. I already feel much different this time compared to last. Ultrasound on Tuesday. Fingers crossed. Take care Ladies. 
  • Hopefully we can get this board going, I'm joining pretty early (4wks 2 days), but had solid betas Friday and this morning. We've been trying since Nov 2015 with zero success, so had our first round of IVF and finally got our first BFP! Now we wait 2 weeks to see how many embryos took! 
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'll jump in and say hi, too! I'm only 4w1d so I'm crossing my fingers this one sticks. @PoeMasque, big congrats!!!!
    Me: 38 l DH: 41
    Gavin - 8/27/10
    *TW*
    Gabriel - 2nd tri loss 5/17/16 Trisomy 18 & 21
    Hope -  2nd tri loss 12/7/16 complications from pneumonia

• edited April 2017
    I'm 44 and our little girl is a surprise baby. I'm 33 weeks and I'm ready for it to be over. I'm so uncomfortable but, excited and nervous. Hopefully, I can help you ladies with anything I've gone through.  ;) So, excited for you ladies. 
  • Hello. Im 41 and 26+3 weeks with a little girl.  We have 5 children in heaven... our first to come home after her brothers passed due to no kidneys in 2012 and and several miscarriages at 10 weeks or later. We are so excited to be at this point.. and yet its bittersweet too. Congratulations to all the new announcements! ❤ 
  • Just checking in. Hope everyone is feeling great! 7wks/2 days today. My first prenatal visit went great. Baby is growing on schedule with a great heartbeat. Still waiting on my labs. Some nausea, sore breasts and extreme exhaustion. Mild cramping every now and then. Praying for a super sticky one this time. Have a good night all. 
  • Hi ladies! I'm 37 and 10w+4d. Had US with strong heartbeat at 8w +3d!

My DD took a couple of years to happen and I had 2 MC before she arrived. I figured if I wanted a second, I should start trying since it could take awhile. Turns out not so much! Thankful this one is looking healthy. 

Best of luck to all of you!

• Hi all! Had my 2nd appt last week, turned out I was only 6 weeks! Did get to hear the heartbeat. Dr said the heartbeat was probably only hours old. I've gotten really sick in the past week...all day sickness. But still very excited. Yesterday i hit 7 weeks. Glad everyone else seems to be doing well!
  • I'm here! 40 years old and my first pregnancy! Yikes. Saw this board and figured it was fairly non existent but would love to connect with some pregnant mom's over 35.
  • Hello I'm 38! With my 3rd. First two are 20 and 16 years old. Let me tell you thst this time around is a whole new ballgame.... ugg the pressure happening in my body right now...
  • Hi everyone! There are a couple of boards going, I think, for us over 35 folk.

FTM (first pregnancy for that matter). I had been trying for 4 months. Just under 5 weeks now. First appointment not for another 4 weeks. I have a mild symtoms, just don't like feeling so tired but I'll take it!

I know some of you are pretty far along. I'm wishing you all the best and pray to get there, too!
    Me: 39 <3  DP: 49
    TTC since Jan 2017
    BFP #2 7/11/17 | EDD 3/24/18
    BFP #1 5/2/17 | EDD 1/12/18 | MC 5/18/17

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'll check in! I'm almost 36, and will be 5 weeks tomorrow. I'm so excited,  but I obsess over every little symptom,  then every little lack of symptoms. DH and i have 2 DS's,  they are 7 and 5, so it's been awhile for me. I have an exam today due to low hormone levels in previous pregnancy and very irregular cycles. Due late January. 
  • mindaamindaa member
    ^^ good to see another January mom on here. I haven't introed​ on the Jan18 BMB yet
    Me-37, DH-38
    Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

• Hi! I'm Linda, 36 yrs old and 7 weeks along. First pregnancy and super excited! Sure hope those that were on here before come back. 
  • Also, EDD is January 14, 2018!
  • Hi, I'm Belinda. I'm 37 and I'm 9 weeks, due Jan 1. I have a 3 1/2 year old daughter. I look forward to meeting other moms to be. 
  • Hi everyone. I am turning 40 in August. I am about 7 weeks. First appointment is June 29th. This is my 5th. My other kids are 19, 11, 15 months, and 4 months. Looking forward to hearing from other over 35 mom's.
  • jennifer_m21jennifer_m21 member
    edited June 2017
    Hello! FTM at 35, turning 36 in a few months! I'm about 5.5 weeks, and first appointment at my 8 week mark. 

Exciting, and nervous at the same time!
  • Hi @jennifer_m21, I'm a first time mom also and am currently 10 weeks+3 and aged 36. I'm super excited too and of course nervous. Its all going to be great!
  • Hello and congratulations to everyone here.  I forget that I am in the 35+ category but glad to be on a mellower board.  I'm 35 and 5 weeks with my second.  My little monkey just turned 13 mo.  Still in the "are we sure this is real" phase of pregnancy. 
  • daisy62103daisy62103 member
    edited June 2017
    This board used to be so much more active. Anyway, i'm 38 and 31 weeks with twins. I have a 3 1/2 yr old, 8 yr old and newly turned 10 yr old. Are there enough of us to do a weekly check in?

edited for words
    DD 6/2007
    DS 4/2009
    m/c 11/12/2010 ~ 7 wks
    m/c 7/4/2012 ~ 6 wks
    DD 12/2013
    mmc Baby Girl 7/12/2015 ~ 14 weeks  <3
    Twin girls! 8/26/2017

• @daisy62103 I would do a weekly check in on here. My BMB seems to be ruled by snarky ladies that have nothing better to do than troll/flame people. i would love a board where the members are more mature (or should I say "advanced" haha) 

9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • clc515clc515 member
    I've lurked fir a bit because this board is so quiet, but would love to pick it up some! Im a FTM and am 36, will be 37 when I deliver. 9 weeks 2 days  along! 
  • edited July 2017
    Hi!  I'm 41, pushing 42 and I'm 6w 5d.  This is my third pregnancy and will be my 4th baby.  I have a 14 year old and 11 year old twins.  All girls.  This is my SO's first.  Crazy to think it's been over a decade since I was pregnant last!  It feels SO different so far.

ETA: I can't math today.
  • Hi @clc515, I'm a FTM also and am 36! My EDD is Jan 15/18 making me 12+4 weeks. Are you excited? I sure am! So great to see so many popping up on the boards for 35+. Its so nice to know I'm not alone.
  • Hi ladies, just thought I would check in since it's a week since I last did.  "Is this for real??" is becoming somewhat more real as I have noticed I'm a bit more tired than usual (5w5d).  Happy to not have an aversion to coffee yet, and also that I have the ability to nap if needed when my LO is napping.

Going to "interview"/meet with a midwife at a birthing center this evening (meaning midwife center not hospital).  I'm feeling somewhat ambivalent as I had the most amazing pregnancy/birth experience with my first in Berkeley, CA but now we live in Portland, OR.  It's sad to think that all of my children won't be birthed at Pacifica (center in Berkeley), but I'm so grateful to be living in another place where there are many options for non-hospital births.  I'm confident I will find a good fit!  *No judgment to those with hospital/home/other births - you know what's best for you and your baby!

Otherwise feeling well - shared the news with close friends and y'all, but waiting longer to tell family.  My SIL is due with her first 7/27 and wanting to let her baby be born before sharing our news. 
  • @apedota what birthing centers are you checking out? I used to live in Portland and graduated nursing school with about a dozen midwives. I know several of them went to Alma Midwifery (staffed exclusively by CNMs) for their own births. Make sure you know the difference in education between CNMs and CPMs. I might be biased since I work with babies/kiddos that have complex medical conditions (often due to prematurity/birth complications), but I just wouldn't feel safe with a CPM. I also heard that OHSU now uses nitrous oxide during labor (woot!), sadly no one down here in Eugene does. 

9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN

TTC #2 since July 2018
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • clc515clc515 member
    Hi @clc515, I'm a FTM also and am 36! My EDD is Jan 15/18 making me 12+4 weeks. Are you excited? I sure am! So great to see so many popping up on the boards for 35+. Its so nice to know I'm not alone.
    Hi!! My EDD is 2/1 so we're pretty close :) I am partially nervous and partially excited, haha. Nervous for all the bodily changes, and life will change after, but also excited for a baby! How about you!? I'm glad there are others on the 35+ board too :)
  • clc515 said:
    Hi @clc515, I'm a FTM also and am 36! My EDD is Jan 15/18 making me 12+4 weeks. Are you excited? I sure am! So great to see so many popping up on the boards for 35+. Its so nice to know I'm not alone.
    Hi!! My EDD is 2/1 so we're pretty close :) I am partially nervous and partially excited, haha. Nervous for all the bodily changes, and life will change after, but also excited for a baby! How about you!? I'm glad there are others on the 35+ board too :)
    I'm right behind you two.  My EDD is 2/22.
  • mindaamindaa member
    I grew up near Portland, but moved long before having a family was on my radar​.
    We'll be back for a visit in a couple weeks, can't wait!
    I've done check-ins before on other boards but am traveling for a bit. If anyone wants to get  one started, I'd be available to help in August. 
    Me-37, DH-38
    Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

• @PoeMasque - small world with the Portland connection seeing as though this is still a small but growing group (pun intended)!  I did in fact check out Alma, it is the only birth center I have so far based on proximity to our home and excellent reviews.  Perhaps things have changed in terms of their staffing - I met with the owner, a CPM as you mentioned, however the other 3 midwives currently on staff are all CNMs.  I agree though, it is important to understand the roll, education, and experience of your health care provider in any setting.  All that being said, Alma feels like a great fit for me and I'm looking forward for a first appointment there soon!  P.S. - congratulations on your growing baby boy!
  • Just saying my weekly hello.  6w5d and feeling pretty well still - somewhat tired and hungrier than usual - otherwise feeling like myself.  After a good meeting with a birth center I learned the cost of birth there was significantly more than what I had expected (I couldn't get a straight answer on the price initially and I feel as though the price they gave me was based on what my insurance estimate costs were and that didn't sit well with us.  So...now we are considering a home birth!  Any other home birth mams out there?  The birth center facilitates home births as well but I'm going to meet with two other midwives/home birth groups next week which I am looking forward too.  Feeling fortunate that I am still early along and have time to figure out our care plans. 
  • @apedota birth centers are always more expensive (sadly). It would be a few thousand more for us to go to the center where we are too. 

9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN

TTC #2 since July 2018
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hi, I'm jennifer, just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a FTM 35 yrs old from Alabama.  I'm currently 21 weeks with a lil boy.  EDD is November 24th and I couldn't be more excited.  I've had issues getting pregnant,  PCOS, high bp, and they now have me as a Type 2. It's been a crazy road so far
  • Hey all!

I checked in here in May when I was pregnant for the first time, ended in MC. Now, I'm back in full effect and my only goal is to support this LO sticking!! My EDD is 03/04/18; I'm 4w2d. I'll check in here...quiet board is not so bad. It gets wild on the other ones. Too many posts for me to digest and get anything else done.
    Me: 39 <3  DP: 49
    TTC since Jan 2017
    BFP #2 7/11/17 | EDD 3/24/18
    BFP #1 5/2/17 | EDD 1/12/18 | MC 5/18/17

Pregnancy Ticker