January 2016 Moms

Not sleeping

My LO will be one on the 31st and has completely stopped sleeping.

I am at a complete and total loss. She's been sick, teething and is so close to walking but even after cutting the teeth and getting over the illness she still won't sleep.

she goes down just fine at bedtime, which is usually about 715-730 however she wakes up around 230-330 am almost every night and will not go back to sleep. One day she was up at 330 and did not go back to sleep until 530. 

She has pretty much given up bottles, I am wondering if this could have played a role and if so what the heck do we do? She is great at table food and when she doesn't eat much of that we'll do a pouch/yogurt on top of it. We still offer bottles but the most she's taken before bed is 4 oz where she used to do 8. 

im at a complete loss. We did the Ferber around 7-8 months due to a dozens of wake ups and have very rarely had sleeping issues since then but this has been pretty frequent and I'm not sure what to do. 

Curious us if anyone has gone through this as they drop bottles/near one?

Re: Not sleeping

• There is a leap right around 1 and we had a solid week of little to no sleep. It did resolve itself and we are back to normal sleep habits. Just remember they go through phases of rough sleep and try to do your best to comfort and stay on schedule. When my LO has sleep troubles if he is wide awake I will keep a dim light on in his room and let him play for as long as he needs to go back to sleep. I usually use this when he's jet lagged, and it works like a champ and saves my sanity. 
  • For the past few weeks my daughter has been up 1 to 2 times a night and won't go back to sleep until she nurses. I'm beat! She slept through the night since she was 5 months old - lucky I know, but this is making me exhausted now! Idk what the deal is. Idk if it's bc my supply is down, or if now she is just in a habit of it. Just glad to know I'm not alone! Sorry I couldn't help more!
  • Loading the player...
  • We are having a rough week too! I was wondering if I was the only one. 
  • Leap 8!!!!... 50.5 weeks-54.5 weeks...
  • mhamik said:
    My LO will be one on the 31st and has completely stopped sleeping.

I am at a complete and total loss. She's been sick, teething and is so close to walking but even after cutting the teeth and getting over the illness she still won't sleep.

she goes down just fine at bedtime, which is usually about 715-730 however she wakes up around 230-330 am almost every night and will not go back to sleep. One day she was up at 330 and did not go back to sleep until 530. 

She has pretty much given up bottles, I am wondering if this could have played a role and if so what the heck do we do? She is great at table food and when she doesn't eat much of that we'll do a pouch/yogurt on top of it. We still offer bottles but the most she's taken before bed is 4 oz where she used to do 8. 

im at a complete loss. We did the Ferber around 7-8 months due to a dozens of wake ups and have very rarely had sleeping issues since then but this has been pretty frequent and I'm not sure what to do. 

Curious us if anyone has gone through this as they drop bottles/near one?
    She is practising walking in the middle of the night! Most likely leap 8! Hang in there.
  • Thanks for the responses guys! She took a 3 hour nap yesterday and slept from 730-730 last night into today, so I am hoping we are over the hump. Could be a fluke though! Thanks again
  • DD hasn't gone through any of the sleep regressions in the first year... until now. I'm guessing the 1 year mark is just hard, because we went through about 2 weeks of rough sleep. I think we're finally coming out of it. Hang in there mommas!
  • Violet just turned 1 and has seemed to quit napping and is up around 5am for about the last 5 days.  It's getting super old...I'm tired...I hope it ends soon.  I have been chalking it up to the leap and her drive to walk, but it doesn't make it easier. Mama needs some sleep!
  • We were up from 1:45 to 4:30 this morning until we finally let LO sleep with us in our bed. I was a wreck and DH even told LO, "you broke mommy." Haha. It was probably the worst night we have ever had. Leading up to last night her sleep was getting worse and worse and I am just praying that it has peaked and the worst is over... In summary, you are not alone in this hell.
  • We had about a week of rough sleep right at the beginning of the year. Night sleep seems to have worked itself out. Naps, however, are a different story
  • krrpe99 said:
    DD hasn't gone through any of the sleep regressions in the first year... until now. I'm guessing the 1 year mark is just hard, because we went through about 2 weeks of rough sleep. I think we're finally coming out of it. Hang in there mommas!
    Krrpe99 , Your DD has always slept through the night?my baby has not missed out on sleep regressions. Lol..I've had 3 rough ones so far.