February 2017 Moms

Re: Symptoms 1/16/17

• I have all the joint pain. It is particularly bad in my hips at night and yesterday it felt like one od my legs was in the wrong position in the socket-- I could barely put weight on it! And my hands are sore, slightly swollen and tingly.
  • I have a contractions question! So I've been having them for weeks and I know that they're "real" because I've been in L&D for them twice. They have been tightening of my whole stomach with period feeling cramps. The L&D nurse said those cramps are less worrisome because they don't dilate you, but the ones in the center do. So about two days ago I started with the center ones. I'm just curious if the other ladies who have been dealing with them have them in the same place, and if it's caused any dilating? I get checked again on Thursday.  
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • @Starfish113 I'm not sure because with both my other two kids, I had period like cramping to start labor, then they moved to the pains that start in the back and wrap around to the front. I don't understand what the ones in the center would mean exactly. But I also never had noticeable cramping or tightening with my other 2 either until labor started for real. This time I've had tightening (bh) for a long time now, and I've had period cramps in the front and in my back (last Sunday night) followed by intense pressure down there (last Tuesday). At my last appointment (last weds) I was 1 cm dilated, but I'm not sure if the cramping or pressure are what caused it or if it was already like that.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Allllll the joint stiffness and swelling. I really hate going to bed because in the morning my hands are so useless I can barely move my fingers to get ready (joints tighten up and swelling increases). The overnight joint stiffness moved into my jaw the other night too, so it's a morning routine of operating every single joint to try to get them to loosen up. By night, I'm sittin' pretty and have about 90% of my dexterity back! Looking back now, I realize this started in my hips awhile ago, but just thought it was normal pregnancy hip pain. Also, I thought swelling was supposed to decrease overnight, not increase! I am intentionally not wearing compression socks tomorrow so I can show my OB what 24 hours without them looks like (it's bad). 
  • I frequently get the feeling that I'm not getting enough air. Part of it is I'm still recovering from a cold so I've got a stuffy nose on and off to deal with but I'm wondering if the other part is that maybe the baby is up against my lungs so they aren't filling fully or something and that makes me feel like I'm not getting enough air. Position doesn't seem to matter if I'm standing, sitting, or laying down on my left side. I hope the baby is getting enough air, he's very active so I think he's doing well. I see my doctor on Thursday so I'll prob ask him about it then unless it gets worse. I'm obviously still getting oxygen b/c I don't even get light headed it's more just the feeling of not being able to catch my breath when I'm just sitting at my desk or laying down watching TV.

Also back pain. I get it really bad in my lower back if I sit still for too long and that pain shoots into my legs. However I'm not also getting upper back/shoulder pain that just gets progressively worse all day until I go to bed. I wake up and it's ok and if I can lay down I can reduce the pain for a bit but unfortunately at work I don't have the option to lay down so it's pretty bad by the end of the day.
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• kswiger06 said:
    @Starfish113 I'm not sure because with both my other two kids, I had period like cramping to start labor, then they moved to the pains that start in the back and wrap around to the front. I don't understand what the ones in the center would mean exactly. But I also never had noticeable cramping or tightening with my other 2 either until labor started for real. This time I've had tightening (bh) for a long time now, and I've had period cramps in the front and in my back (last Sunday night) followed by intense pressure down there (last Tuesday). At my last appointment (last weds) I was 1 cm dilated, but I'm not sure if the cramping or pressure are what caused it or if it was already like that.
    Yeah I don't even know. I never had contractions with DD and I definitely don't remember them wrapping around. This pregnancy it's constant. The day I went in last week they were every 5 minutes. Who knows!!!
  • kswiger06kswiger06 member
    edited January 2017
    @Patience7150 that sounds miserable. I hope there's something they can do to help relieve the stiffness and swelling.

I have had a different type of tightness. It's super weird. Like I get the normal tightness in my whole belly, but every now and then I get a weird sensation that travels into my hands and head. It's almost like a very subtle tingling or blood rush and it just doesn't feel normal, almost like I'm lightheaded but I'm not. When it happens I get the same sensation just at the very very bottom of my belly right above the pubic bone and if I touch that area it is really tight. The rest of my stomach doesn't get the same sensation but will tighten up too, but doesn't feel as tight as that one spot. Anyone else have this?? Edit... it just happened and I noticed that it has the weird feeling kind of in my butt too. (Sorry if it's tmi) could it be pressure going along with the tightening and that's why I'm feeling a tingling type in my hands and head?

Aside from that, I have mild back pain if I move in certain directions. Sciatic pains off and on, and hip pain again. Oh and yesterday I felt the baby kick or jab me so far on my side it hurt like crazy but I was more amazed he could get that far back. Lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @tishb - Hmm.....a fiss? lol

My hips are really starting to hurt, my lower back is a hot mess, and my BH have started getting to the point where they do hurt, but they aren't consistent so I know it is BH not labor. Still getting the on and off pressure down in my hoo-ha that radiates to my butt sometimes and feels weird. Getting in/out of the car is almost a joke at this point and so is the very tip tippy-toeing of the pedals to drive...so this is the last week I am allowed to drive which means this is my last week of work too.  

• Lots of pressure and i can no longer walk more than 10 feet before i feel like i have to pee... heartburn is at is worst. 

My uh oh symptom is I think I have clogged milk duct.. My right breast on the side is sooooo tender and painful. I tried a heat pad last night  with some awkward rubbing and a warm-hot shower today but Im at loss at what else i can do .

• @Starfish113 I've had the center/all over ones and the very top ones, both with period like cramping. I can tell the difference between the 2 and the center ones hurt a lot more. Mine have been 5 mins apart very frequently for the last week, checked twice and had no dilation. Soooo I dunno if I'm feeling the center ones incorrectly or what but they're not productive. I didn't get that info at the OB, they just said whelp good luck! So I'm glad they told you something different
  • @mrsgabus oh no! I've always heard if you have a clogged duct to nurse as much as possible but not sure what to do if you are still pregnant. Have u called ur dr or midwife?
  • @Gretchypoo ,,, I didnt even think you could have one during pregnancy but it looks like thats not true. 
    I was trying to hang out till Thursday and mention it at my appt but if it gets any worse ill call 

• @Starfish113 I've had the center/all over ones and the very top ones, both with period like cramping. I can tell the difference between the 2 and the center ones hurt a lot more. Mine have been 5 mins apart very frequently for the last week, checked twice and had no dilation. Soooo I dunno if I'm feeling the center ones incorrectly or what but they're not productive. I didn't get that info at the OB, they just said whelp good luck! So I'm glad they told you something different
    Yeah I pretty much got whelp good luck as well. But that was the one thing she did tell me. I guess I'll have to wait and see!!
  • jlellis603jlellis603 member
    edited January 2017
    I thought once baby dropped and heartburn/acid reflux were supposed to get better ughhhh
  • I have all the joint pain. It is particularly bad in my hips at night and yesterday it felt like one od my legs was in the wrong position in the socket-- I could barely put weight on it! And my hands are sore, slightly swollen and tingly.
    This
  • @Starfish113, I'm getting horrible contraction/cramp feelings really low like @kswiger06 said right above the pubic bone, but mine are definitely not in the center and are on the sides especially the left but sometimes on the right too. They have caused zero dilating for me so far. Unless something has changed because ever since yesterday morning they have been so painful and so much more frequent that I can't even stand them and came thisclose go telling H I needed to go to the hospital but decided against it. I'm also getting the wraparound to the back excruciating pain when they come on too. 

@kswiger06, I'm also getting the tightening just exactly as you described it and also never ever got this with my first two kids. The intense pressure is unbearable too. I'm there with ya on that.
  • kswiger06kswiger06 member
    edited January 2017
    @jab3 it is terribly uncomfortable, I told my husband that I'm hoping with the pressure and way it feels that it's at least doing something down there, after all it feels like something being slowly ripped open down there. Hopefully that's the case for both of us and it just means we're getting close. (I never had half these symptoms with my first 2)
    Edit: I just saw you will be having a c/s so I guess you'll know exactly when yours is coming lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yeah the ones centered above my pubic bone definitely hurt more. I definitely can't talk through them. Sucks they have to happen so often and there's still so much time left!!!
  • I felt the baby hiccup for the first time this week - so cool!! Other than that: hip pain, period-like cramps, exhaustion, and swollen feet are back. After feeling energetic enough for a 2 mile walk with the hubby yesterday, I could barely move cause LO felt like she was going to fall out - soo much pressure. I literally had to take 2-3 deep breaths every time I stood up from the couch before I could walk to the kitchen.
  • kswiger06 said:
    @jab3 it is terribly uncomfortable, I told my husband that I'm hoping with the pressure and way it feels that it's at least doing something down there, after all it feels like something being slowly ripped open down there. Hopefully that's the case for both of us and it just means we're getting close. (I never had half these symptoms with my first 2)
    Edit: I just saw you will be having a c/s so I guess you'll know exactly when yours is coming lol
    I am in the pressure club, big time. Today it got so intense after my walk that I felt like my water was going to break, like he was headbutting his way out of there or something. Keep in mind, as a FTM, I have no clue what that actually feels like. I know I'm more likely to go late as a FTM, and certainly don't want to go this early, but it really does feel like things are getting ready down there. 
  • I am in the pressure club too. When it hits hard I feel like her head is going to pop out of my vag and butt and I can barely walk. My ob warned me at last visit that once her head starts engaging, prepare for pressure city...and she was not kidding. I'll be 35 weeks this week so I'm wondering how much this is going to intensify until I go into labor which shouldn't be for another 2.5+ weeks if the 38 week prediction is accurate. 
  • @BlondePeanut out of curiosity, why does your doctor predict you will have the baby at 38 weeks? 
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • @concreteangell
    Baby's size and position, and my size. She said she wouldn't be surprised if she comes by 38 weeks, but with a first baby she could always try to hang out in there for 40 weeks. I'm getting an ultrasound on 1/30 to look at everything more closely and see if anything should be scheduled as a precaution.  
  • Yes! I make the faces too @kswiger06! It's totally the same feeling. Some days are worse than others but today was one for the record books. Frankly it has me on edge that go time could be close, though I know it could also mean nothing. I need more time!
  • @blush64, I'm still amazed at what an incredible thing you're doing by carrying your relatives child. I was thinking about now that's it's nearing the end, is that making it more difficult for you, emotionally? As far as the PPD and anxiety, did you breastfeed in the past and still go right back on meds right after the pregnancy was over? Or had you never stopped while pregnant? I was told to wean off the ones I was on prior to realizing I was pregnant which I did and am planning to BF, but don't know how much longer I can really wait at this point to go back on something. 
  • I'm so glad others are having crazy pressure and low babies at 35 wks! Baby is measurinh big and at my last appt with my midwife even she was surprised at how low baby is.

@BlondePeanut  @kswiger06 and @Xstatic3333 are any of you doing anything to get some relief? If it gets bad during the day I just power through as best I can. But at night I've been doing child's pose before I lay down to move her up a little.
  • +1 to the unbearable hip and back pain. My desk chair is not helping. I think it has actually caused this massive migraine I have. Today I'm going to ask the athletics department if they have an excercise ball I can use at my desk for the next two weeks. I'm desperate.
  • @Jab3 it is a lot harder now that it is almost done. (To be clear I have no feeling of wanting their baby or being too attached, I love her like my nieces) I just wish there was a support group or something for this kind of situation. There is nothing through the clinic or local and online everything is really old or from the other side. 

PPD took me by surprise with my first. With my second pregnancy I went on medication directly after giving birth. I breastfed while on the medication and everything was fine. (Doctor approved) By the time I was having my third I didn't take medication during the pregnancy but started a few weeks before giving birth and continued while breastfeeding. I would have been allowed to start earlier but didn't want to. I don't remember what it was but it was one of the commonly used drugs that have been used during pregnancy and breastfeeding by many.(not one that's been in the news or anything) I would have continued during this pregnancy if it was my own and if needed. (Which it is now) I am filling the prescription this week so it's all ready right away.

Maybe your doctor can give you something to start now and continue with after. I hope you are able to get something soon. 

• @blush64 sending hugs your way. 

@Gretchypoo I am definitely guilty of sitting in ways that take the pressure off, but I feel a little guilty about it, like at 37 weeks I should just let the process take its course. I am skipping my dog walk this morning. I don't want to be alone a mile from home while feeling like I'm crowning. 
  • @blush64 Have you talked to the parents about your meds? They may be cool with you starting them now since you need them. Esp since you can show your kiddos as prrof that there are no negative consequences.

@Xstatic3333 Same with not walking the dog. He gets to go down the block and back, in the yard or out with daddy.
  • The pressure sucks big time today! Everytime I get up from sitting, I feel like I'm going to pee myself. Walking around at work all day should be fun.
  • @Gretchypoo my relative would have no issue with it but his wife would. I am doing my best to avoid causing any discomfort or uneasy feelings for him. (Her too) Only 3 weeks left, with the way I feel today maybe less. (Saying that probably means I am going over again)