TTC after 35
Options

****warning BFP mentioned***

OMG you guys I'm freaking out!  I had the HSG last week CD 8 and currently CD 14 today.  I thought it was bizarre that I had 3 positive OPKs and my boobs were sore the last couple days and I was really crampy yesterday so I had 1 digital pregnancy test and it came back positive!  I put in a call to my OB and I'm freaking out because of the HSG last week - I don't want a miscarriage!  Does anyone know anything about that?  I tested before the HSG and that came back negative.  DD is home on a snow day and she heard me yell "oh my god!" and said your pregnant right?  I had to lie because I have a special way I want to tell her.  I'll never forgive myself if something happens to this baby because of the stupid HSG.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: ****warning BFP mentioned***

• Options
    @vlagrl29!!! That's incredible! CONGRATULATIONS!
    I have actually heard the opposite, that some women conceive more easily after HSG. I wouldn't be concerned at all that it has put you at risk for a loss.
    Keep positive and YAY!!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    congratulations @vlagrl29!!! I have heard the opposite as well, try not to freak out about that, positive vibes to you!!

Me: 39 DH: 39
    CP 1/25/16 4.5 weeks, developed Graves' disease
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies, but I would have conceived before the HSG and my period even came too.  Nurse called me back and didn't think there was any worry - asked me the dates of period and HSG will talk to OB and call me back soon. FX there is no concern.  I started bawling in the bathroom and then instant anxiety when thinking about the HSG.
  • Options
    well I'm going in for positive blood work tomorrow and get my CD21 progesterone tested on Xmas Eve.  They aren't totally sure I am pregnant they think maybe the HSG could have made my cycle weird this month which wasn't good for me to hear.

I did test again and it was positive pee on dollar tree test.  So I guess I won't know for sure until I get the bloodwork done tomorrow morning.

They said their is no concern about HSG having any negative affects on baby if there is one in there.
  • Options
    Wow! Congrats!! I would have also freaked out, but I'm glad they said hsg shouldn't affect pregnancy :)
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I hope you guys don't mind me still posting.  I'm a hot mess today.  Got my blood taken this morning and won't know for sure until tomorrow at the earliest.  Got another positive OPK today which is 4 days in a row - might as well BD tonight just in case I'm releasing a ton of eggs.  I"m just so damn tired of this emotional roller coaster.  I wish I hadn't even tested yesterday.  Stupid HSG if its giving me false positives and Fing up my cycle.  I'm sorry I"m ranting and feeling hopeless.  I've pretty much convinced myself I'm not pregnant.
  • Options
    @valg927 I don't understand how an HSG would give you a positive pregnancy test?  If you're getting positives, I'd assume you are pg. 
    Hoping you get results soon.

I'm going in for betas today at my RE. I wasn't able to get an appt with a midwife until January 23rd, and with my history of recurrent early loss, that's so far away. 
    Keep us posted and fingers crossed for you xo
  • Options
    I'll keep you posted.  I've successfully cried 3 times already today.  Note to self don't watch Pentatonix version of Hallelujah on youtube.  Its absolute perfection and cried during the entire thing.  

I don't understand how it can give me false positives either - just want the nurse said.  Good luck on your betas @thistle8677  FX for you too.
  • Options
    so I noticed some spotting when I wiped today so I called the nurse.  She says I'm on pelvic rest until they get the pregnancy results.  Hopefully tomorrow.  In the meantime I listened to a guided meditation on my phone and feel a lot better.  I got myself worked up over all this stress and realized I have no control over any of it no matter how it turns out.  It's not worth it to loose sleep and have meltdowns over.
  • Options
    We're thinking of you @vlagrl29, keep us posted. 
  • Options
    Hang in there @vlagrl29...sending you lots of warm positive vibes xo
  • Options
    No more spotting but dry heaved this morning because I was hungry. Hope to hear soon
  • Options
    spoke to soon on the spotting - it restarting :(
  • Options
    I'm sorry @vlagrl29 :(
    That's so stressful. Any word about your betas?

• Options
    heard back from the nurse about an hour ago and I AM pregnant about 4 weeks along - very early.  She said the numbers are good.  I go in on Jan 12th for an U/S and OB appt.  They told me with the spotting to take it easy for 2 weeks with no spotting during those 2 weeks.  I'm a huge yoga person - its my lifestyle so I asked and she said if it was basic and didn't elevate heart rate much I can do it.  so no arm balance or ashthanga classes for awhile.

I'm still in complete shock!  I'm going to go to a baby store today and find something to surprise DH with tonight.  When he heard I dry heaved he had a hopeful look on his face.

thank you so much ladies for being my rock - that emotional roller coaster of TTC drove me nuts so in November I gave it all up and had fun.  Most likely we conceived mid November when I noticed a lot of stretchy mucus on toilet paper.  I hope you all can move away from this board soon!
  • Options
    Excellent! Congratulations!  :D
  • Options
    Yay!!!! Great news!!
  • Options
    The doctor also wants my betas checked every 2 days because I'm spotting.  Getting that done tomorrow.
  • Options
    I have a follow up beta tomorrow as well :)
    My number was nice and high yesterday. Just trying to keep positive. Ultrasound next week. I'll move to the next board at that point. 
  • Options
    @thistle8677 - I just had a little bit of red blood when I wiped tonight.  I"m getting nervous.  I'm ok with brown spotting but when it turns blood I get scared.  Going to call the doctor tomorrow
  • Options
    Hang in there babe-positive thoughts your way.
  • Options
    @vlagrl29 it's terrifying. I get it. Hang in there. Like @amberruka is saying, sending positive thoughts your way. Xoxo
  • Options
    @thistle8677 when you get betas drawn do you find out results same day?  I've been going to a local lab to get them drawn and was thinking if I get them drawn at their office instead is it a quicker turn around.  My OBs office is closed Friday and Monday so if I go to lab I won't know until Tuesday.
  • Options
    I get them the same day through my fertility clinic. It takes a couple of hours usually. 
    I'm so sorry you're in this space. I've got everything crossed for you @vlagrl29
  • Options
    thanks :)  If my OB office is as fast as your fertility clinic I'm just going to plan on that tomorrow.  super bloated tonight and boobs are already getting fuller.
  • Options
    @vlagrl29 that's all very encouraging :)
  • Options
    the nurse put a stat order on my betas and I got results today. yea for not having to wait 4 days and worry!  They came back doubled which is good.  My progesterone is a tad low so they want me taking prometrium thru 10 weeks.  Spotting has lessened today and is brown not red.  Can't wait for that first U/S.
  • Options
    @vlagrl29 sweet relief! Congratulations!
     Mine doubled too. Here's for sticky beans! 
  • Options
    @vlagrl29 so happy for you! Yes here's to sticky beans for you and @thistle8677!
  • Options
    Thank you!  I hope you get yours soon @Momifbysea
  • Options
    Congrats to you @vlagrl29!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Wishing you the best!  Keep up the positivity!
    Me: 41
    Husband: 40
    TTC#1 since 9/2014
    Unexplained Infertility - Trying naturally
  • Options
    thanks @jennh75b - I'm having a hard time getting past the spotting.  It's still happening a week later.  They tested my progesterone last week and it was 9.5.  OB wanted it at 10 so they prescribed progesterone 200mg once a day.  I took my first pill a couple nights ago and it was horrible.  I had horrendous heartburn, diarrhea, and tingly hands.  I can't take it.  Let the nurse know and they are to get back to me with another option.  I'm thinking a cream might be better for me.  Needless to say I'm constantly thinking I'm going to MC.  Today I feel fabulous - nothing like my first pregnancy with DD so that makes me feel like something is wrong in itself.  I'm on pelvic rest but can do basic yoga but tonight in yoga I was constantly paranoid that each pose would make more spotting come out.  I checked my pantyliner after class.  I'm a hot mess.  I should get my second beta draw back tomorrow hopefully.  Just knowing my HCG levels are rising will make me feel better.
  • Options
    Hugs @vlagrl29!! We're rooting for you.
  • Options
    MommyampMommyamp member
    edited January 2017
    I'm fairly new here but just read your story. How are you doing @vlagrl29?
  • Options
    @Mommyamp - I think I replied to you on the other thread.  Life is back to normal with me - back to doing my daily schedule and feeling like myself again.  We got pregnant with DD back in 2010 and it only took us 1 month to conceive.  We were extremely lucky on that one.  Started TTC #2 in June of 2016 after 6 months I was pregnant with my chemical pregnancy.  Going forward we decided to take the stress out of TTC and just have sex when we want to.  It's working much better for us that way.