February 2017 Moms

Monday B*fest, MLK Day Edition

Just because some of us have a work holiday today doesn't mean we don't have some issues we need to get out. 

Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!

Re: Monday B*fest, MLK Day Edition

• Loading the player...
  • I had a long, busy weekend and over did it. I really didn't want to come to work today, but knew I had a meeting at 10am. I was going to leave work after the meeting and go home and rest. Today is the perfect day to take off since our Government counterparts have the day off. Well I get to my desk only to discover late Friday they changed the meeting to 2:30 this afternoon. I'm skipping the meeting and still leaving early. Ugh! Happy Monday! 
  • I'm with you guys on the lack of clothing. I finally had to crack and buy gigantic underwear just last week; my regular stuff fit until he started to drop. I only have three shirts that reliably will not ride up and show my belly; I use them for days when I have meetings but my regular office mates can just deal at this point. No way I'm buying more maternity clothes when I'm probably OAD.

My BF: the random strangers who like telling me that I'm due "any day now" when I'm out and about. There needs to be a new rule:

1) Never ask a lady if she's pregnant
    2) If she is beyond-shadow-of-a-doubt pregnant, don't ask her for details. She's just trying to get through the day and she doesn't know you.
    Yessss. Random strangers at the checkout line keep talking to me about "how much longer" I have. I never would have the guts to do that to a stranger. 
  • I'm with you all on the maternity clothes.I hate all of my bras. The only one I have that gives me good support has underwire that digs into my bump and is really painful by the end of the day. The other two I had to get a L and an XL to fit my massive cup size but that means they are too long in the shoulders and around the band. Their support is minimal but I just can't do the underwire anymore. I hate how expensive nursing bras are, I'm trying to stay in the $20 and under range which is probably my problem but I just can't see spending double or triple that when I might need another new size when my milk comes in...
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• I told H last week that there was a ton of stuff I wanted to do this weekend and that's on top of having to go pick out new shower parts (cause the ONE shower/tub in our house is broke right now). We had to go help his grandma take down Christmas decorations on Saturday and then Sunday we went sledding, twice. We have no food in the house, I have two loads of laundry to do, and a bunch of other stuff to get done today. I was being a bit irrational about it yesterday (and admitted that to him) and he was still all pissy. He doesn't realize how much harder it is for me to get things done now and he would just leave it all. It's driving me crazy.
    BFP #1: DD born on 08.25.12 BFP #2: 09/08/15 miscarried at 6w BFP #3: DD2 born on 02.07.17
  • kswiger06kswiger06 member
    edited January 2017
    Lol @Gretchypoo that sounds like something that would happen in a movie lol. In the beginning I had several people ask some variation of "were you trying" but I kept thinking it was due to the fact that our kids are so much older and everyone just thought we were done. You are too funny though because if someone asked me how we did it, I would have said "what do you mean?" What an odd question to ask someone lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • You rock @Gretchypoo. Fabulous response. Many respects. 
  • @Gretchypoo. that's so weird - I wonder what she could have been thinking!?
  • @marriedhamstermom You nailed my issues with bras right now. I have one that is comfortable and fits - no underwire, stretchy goodness. But it very slouchy and really not work appropriate. The other two I have that fit, the underwire cuts into my bump and are SO miserable by the end of a work day. Not really sure what to do at this point, other than deal with the horrid underwire.

@Gretchypoo OMG, you get serious points for being straight with her. My standard shocked response is, "Uhm, pardon?" Followed by me staring blankly and forcing them to explain. I cannot believe she asked HOW you got pregnant. 
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • You all need RBF, I swear no one says anything to me in public!! 
    Yes!! Same here :)
  • @Gretchypoo I am not sure WTF she was thinking, but thanks for the laugh! People are so weird 
  • @marriedhamstermom and @WinchesterGirl I'm finding the underwire-free nursing bras pretty nice right now. I got mine at Kohl's for $20 each. They're S/M/L sizes so I'm hoping they'll still work with me once I'm milkin' it FT. They have good support and shaping for a no-underwire. 
  • @marriedhamstermom and @WinchesterGirl I'm finding the underwire-free nursing bras pretty nice right now. I got mine at Kohl's for $20 each. They're S/M/L sizes so I'm hoping they'll still work with me once I'm milkin' it FT. They have good support and shaping for a no-underwire. 
    Kindred Bravely nursing bras are a bit more expensive than $20 but are available on Amazon and are very, very comfortable (no underwire!)
  • I am in the exact opposite boat on bras. I wore a padded sportsbra this weekend and the inch thick band being folded between my boobs and my belly was incredibly uncomfortable. I ultimately had to change into an underwire so it'd just tuck nicely into the crease. 
  • I am in the same boat with the lack of fitting clothes. 

My BF is I totally overdid it last night after work. I came home and went cleaning fit crazy b/c after days of laying down being sick with a bad cold, I was feeling decent. Well I did WAY too much, gave myself horrid hip pain to the point I was literally in tears thinking something was wrong. And of course now today I am sitting at work with my cold acting up again and my body feeling like I have been hit by a train. Not a happy camper   
  • I am in the same boat with the lack of fitting clothes. 

My BF is I totally overdid it last night after work. I came home and went cleaning fit crazy b/c after days of laying down being sick with a bad cold, I was feeling decent. Well I did WAY too much, gave myself horrid hip pain to the point I was literally in tears thinking something was wrong. And of course now today I am sitting at work with my cold acting up again and my body feeling like I have been hit by a train. Not a happy camper   
    This is me right now too :( Not sick, but I way overdid it on cleaning today and now I feel like death.
    BFP #1: DD born on 08.25.12 BFP #2: 09/08/15 miscarried at 6w BFP #3: DD2 born on 02.07.17
  • Half an hour back at work after the long weekend and I already want to go home. Got a call 5 mins in from a lady checking on 5 cases that aren't mine so I don't know about them, got snarky about the person she called last time not calling her back so she demanded my first and last name and my phone number to hunt me down if I don't call her. I have a jillion emails and case responses and other people's work to do. Oh and I just despise my job in general soooo yay. end whiney rant
  • @jlellis603 I always hate when people take my name and number with the intent of calling me back and hounding me. Especially when it's something that doesn't even concern me. Maybe she'll just lose your number? ;)
  • @Aussie45 I freaking hope so! Because 1. none of the cases she called on were mine and 2. what she asked me to check up on, isn't part of my job. So she can GTFO!
  • @CurlyCupcake21 who phrases it like that?! I would've done the same as you, just kind of stared at them. I always think of great comebacks later but never actually at the time.
  • He must have seen that I was weirded out by the question because I didn't say anything for a second and that's when he rubbed his belly.  It was so awkward! 
    Pregnancy Ticker