May 2017 Moms

Monday Bitchfest 1.16.17

I haven't seen once of these in a while, and I'm posting in my own self-interest because I have a bitch today. Happy Monday, ladies. 

Me: 29, DH: 31
Married: October 2014
Began TTC: April 2015
BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

Re: Monday Bitchfest 1.16.17

• @kns1988 I totally understand this. I live in a beach town in Florida and a girl I know ended up marring into money and now lives in a beachfront home. The hastag everyday is #the.beach.is.our.backyard .... I understand being excited about your home, but the daily posts are a little much it's been more than 2 years they've had this house.

My bitch... i'm working today. I work in Corporate Finance and since Corporate Finance and Corporate Accounting have the same boss (our company CFO) I have to work on our company holiday today just because Accounting has work that needs to get done. I don't have any deadlines within the next few days.... so i'm a little grumpy  
    April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • @BeachMommy2B that's mine today too. Why are we working? The rest of the company is off but our department is here.

And it's DDs 2nd birthday today! Major mom guilt even though we had a spectacular party this weekend for her. 
  • mcvgalmcvgal member
    edited January 2017
    So our big icemaggedon we were supposed to get this weekend didn't really happen. While I am glad we didn't have to worry about power outages or accidents. I missed an event I really wanted to attend Saturday evening because the meteorologists all said the weather would be bad in the evening. Department of transportation highly recommended not leaving home all weekend. So I missed this great class I. Had been looking forward to since November.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• We got a letter from the city on Friday that the permits for our septic system on our new house have been denied... we waited 6 weeks for the architect to make these plans.. they were denied once.. it took him 7 weeks to "fix" them and then we waited 5 weeks for the city to say they have been denied AGAIN.  Its so frustrating! I feel like our house is not a priority to this architect that was chosen by our builder who is costing us thousands of dollars... Our house was supposed to be complete by May and now it seems like we will be lucky to be done by next Christmas because they haven't even started building yet.... we have been drafting plans/permits since we closed on the loan in AUGUST.  Maybe now that I got my rant out I can talk more professionally to the builder today.
  • fbmandy55fbmandy55 member
    edited January 2017
    @mcvgal  Same here. We got no ice. But we planned ahead and stayed in and pretty much laid around all weekend. Which was most needed post-holidays. 
  • Can I bitch about myself? I'm cranky today. I had an ortho appointment first thing this morning and I got lightheaded during it and they had to stop so I could sit up and rest. Luckily they're super sweet there. Now I'm at work and just feeling cranky. I didn't sleep well, so maybe that's part of it.
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • kns1988 said:
    So my bitch... I have an acquaintance/kind of friend who moved to Hawaii in the past year, and she posts about 4 pictures a week on Facebook with the hashtag #lucky.we.live.hawaii (I put periods in there so it's not searchable). I've had friends move to beautiful places before, and I love seeing their pictures - I just hate the humble bragging that she has going on. If it were once in a while, it'd be okay. She might be heading towards the hide list. 
    I have a friend who lives in Hawaii too and uses the same hashtag! So I think it might be a Hawaii thing... not that it makes it any less annoying lol 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • Can I bitch about myself? I'm cranky today. I had an ortho appointment first thing this morning and I got lightheaded during it and they had to stop so I could sit up and rest. Luckily they're super sweet there. Now I'm at work and just feeling cranky. I didn't sleep well, so maybe that's part of it.
    You're totally allowed to feel that way! I'm sorry to hear that you're cranky. Mondays always suck. Now for the tough love, because I know you can take it. ;)  

Give yourself 20 minutes to slack off/bump/peruse websites/be moody, then take a walk, get some water and a snack, and tell yourself, I'm going to make it a great afternoon! Then hit the ground running and plow through work until you can finish and get home.

When I'm moody, getting active & finding a distraction/task helps.
  • SKZW said:
    Can I bitch about myself? I'm cranky today. I had an ortho appointment first thing this morning and I got lightheaded during it and they had to stop so I could sit up and rest. Luckily they're super sweet there. Now I'm at work and just feeling cranky. I didn't sleep well, so maybe that's part of it.
    You're totally allowed to feel that way! I'm sorry to hear that you're cranky. Mondays always suck. Now for the tough love, because I know you can take it. ;)  

Give yourself 20 minutes to slack off/bump/peruse websites/be moody, then take a walk, get some water and a snack, and tell yourself, I'm going to make it a great afternoon! Then hit the ground running and plow through work until you can finish and get home.

When I'm moody, getting active & finding a distraction/task helps.
    Love this! Thank you! I had a super cranky day last week too and when I drove home I told myself I would not let my H now. He asked me later in the evening how I was doing and I said "I'm a little cranky, I might need a cry" and he was like "you are? I didn't even notice! I'm sorry". So worth it! I hate when I'm cranky and he gets the brunt of it.
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • @lrwardrop I sympathize for and with you because H and I were in a similar situation when we built our house. Set backs really suck. Hopefully your architect gets things figured out soon! Maybe you can talk with the builder and architect about the cost of the set backs since they're not your fault, you shouldn't have to pay for someone else's mistakes.

H and I have company coming over today and H has done nothing to help me clean the house except take the trash out. I've told him multiple times over the past few days that the cleaning list I made needs to be done before people arrive. Has he made an effort to even look at the list? No. Are men incapable of seeing a dirty house like women see it?

• Our office is open today. I'm jealous that MH gets to spend time with DD since he only has to work half day. 
  • edited January 2017
    h&pmomma said:
    kns1988 said:
    So my bitch... I have an acquaintance/kind of friend who moved to Hawaii in the past year, and she posts about 4 pictures a week on Facebook with the hashtag #lucky.we.live.hawaii (I put periods in there so it's not searchable). I've had friends move to beautiful places before, and I love seeing their pictures - I just hate the humble bragging that she has going on. If it were once in a while, it'd be okay. She might be heading towards the hide list. 
    I have a friend who lives in Hawaii too and uses the same hashtag! So I think it might be a Hawaii thing... not that it makes it any less annoying lol 
    I have a friend in HI who uses this hashtag too. So very annoying. I'm also annoyed that she flashes the Shaka sign in tons of pictures and throws Hawaiian words around every chance she gets. She's lived their for at least 7 yrs and she's never slowed down. 

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • @lrwardrop I sympathize for and with you because H and I were in a similar situation when we built our house. Set backs really suck. Hopefully your architect gets things figured out soon! Maybe you can talk with the builder and architect about the cost of the set backs since they're not your fault, you shouldn't have to pay for someone else's mistakes.

H and I have company coming over today and H has done nothing to help me clean the house except take the trash out. I've told him multiple times over the past few days that the cleaning list I made needs to be done before people arrive. Has he made an effort to even look at the list? No. Are men incapable of seeing a dirty house like women see it?

That's a good idea. I will do that!
  • h&pmomma said:
    kns1988 said:
    I have a friend in HI who uses this hashtag too. So very annoying. I'm also annoyed that she flashes the Shaka sign in tons of pictures and throws Hawaiian words around every chance she gets. She's lived their for at least 7 yrs and she's never slowed down. 

That reminds me of Dog the Bounty Hunter. Lol. He tries to use all of the Hawaiian lingo and it just sounds so funny coming from him or any of his family members... daytime TV is not so great and I got sucked into watching a lot of that show during my last maternity leave.
  • @nda_roxybabe - I feel your pain. I'm cranky today, too, and I don't like it. I feel like anyone that I work with is getting a response from me that is bitchier than I mean for it to be.

Married:09/14/13 
    Baby 1-Born: 7/29/15
    Baby 2 - Due: 5/4/17
  • My toddler won't nap for the second day in a row. He's in his crib crying because he is so tired. Long weekends are the worst. 

May '17 labor memes
  • I'm annoyed with the weather. We had an rain/ice storm and then it froze and now it's raining again. I have winter dogs that love being out but come in every so often so each time I have to either dip their feet in water, wipe or hose them down. Just gets old after having to do it every day for weeks. Where is our snow? Having family down this weekend with more dogs and it's supposed to be 50s so everything will be wet and muddy... yay. I'm ready for snow or spring. This wet brown shit is gross and ugly. 
  • I must say I'm very annoyed that my DDs pediatrician retired last month and nothing was announced to her paitents... so when I took her in for a check up today they were like oh yeah by the way she retired... looks like I'll be switching her dr office now. Ugh. 

#1 DD Aug 2014 @39weeks via CS

#2 Due May 2,2017 hopeful VBAC

• Thanks so much, hips, for getting out of whack and making me limp all morning. Not only do I have the beginnings of the pregnancy penguin wobble, now I have a hobble!
  • @kns1988 I agree with multiple PP.  Go ahead and hide her braggy social media!  I have been through a major "friend" purge and it's made my social media so much more tolerable.  I thought about quitting but ended up hiding people who annoy me first (and then deleted them all together).  
  • rkstro2 said:
    @kns1988 I agree with multiple PP.  Go ahead and hide her braggy social media!  I have been through a major "friend" purge and it's made my social media so much more tolerable.  I thought about quitting but ended up hiding people who annoy me first (and then deleted them all together).  
    I've been hiding every single political post lately. I just can't take it when my entire feed is political arguments. I've unfollowed several people who post the majority of these. SO much better!
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Jen_Shoes said:
    Mine is my husband. I'm off today, which I'm usually not. I've done a bunch around the house and he calls me asking him to make him food. Well dinner is in 2 hours so I tell him he can have something small like a sandwich. 
    He gets all mad saying I "don't care" that he works all day long blah blah. Just bc I'm home today doesn't mean I should cater to you! I just got comfy on the couch and the dog is cuddling with me. He came home and made himself food. 
    My H works from home and whenever I happen to be off and at home on a work day he wants me to run out and get his lunch. Noooo, I dont want to. I'm eating something at the house, I don't want to run out just for you.
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Apparently I'm the only one who knows how to load and run the dishwasher around this house. I've been suffering with debilitating migraines and sciatica this pregnancy....laid up in bed trying to find relief. DH keeps saying "oh I'm gonna do dishes tonight after the girls go to bed". He took the girls to his sisters house to play/run off some energy. I got my butt outta bed and did some dishes, despite having a horrendous migraine. Thanks DH 
  • My DH had the flu this weekend. We had so many things to do to prepare for his family coming into town. I did everything by myself and had horrible sleep all weekend. Now hes feeling better and is home enjoying his day off and I am at work. I want my weekend back!
  • I'm feeling less cranky, but I have to say, I'm having one of those days where it seems like I have done/ am doing everything wrong. So many mistakes/errors that feel like my fault (some are, some are more technical issues, like email not working).
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • cato99 said:
    I also have a house/construction/remodeling bitch. We thought we were SO SMRT to buy and move into a sort-of fixer upper and have it fixed gradually while we live here; for the most part we've been happy, but demolition is just now starting for a major master bathroom/bedroom/closet project we had expected to be done in July 2016 (!). Today's the first day we're crammed with all of our junk into the future nursery with all of ITS junk and everything is a mess and we'll be sleeping on a futon until well into my third trimester. 

We should just sell everything and move to Hawaii and dedicate ourselves to smug hashtags y/n? 
    Might as well! ;)
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • MrsCPALeslieMrsCPALeslie member
    edited January 2017
    @SparkySunDevil you have sciatica too! That shit hurts like hell. I've been limping around for the past few days and im in so much pain. I think I'm finally getting some relief with Bengay muscle rub. 
  • MrsCPALeslieMrsCPALeslie member
    edited January 2017
    By the way, why the hell do I keep eating rotel when I know it makes me constipated and now I'm pissed that I can't go. Well that's the end of my bitchfest.
  • @SparkySunDevil you have sciatica too! That shit hurts like hell. I've been limping around for the past few days and im in so much pain. I think I'm finally getting some relief with Bengay muscle rub. 
    Just know that some doctors don't recommend the use of Bengay, Icy Hot etc. while pregnant as it's topical and absorbed through the skin, so check with your doctor if you haven't already! 
    This is my 3rd pregnancy, 3rd OB, and 3rd time with sciatica pain and every time I've been told no icy hot or bengay. Heating pads for short periods of time were ok for some relief. 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • @SparkySunDevil you have sciatica too! That shit hurts like hell. I've been limping around for the past few days and im in so much pain. I think I'm finally getting some relief with Bengay muscle rub. 
    Yep! I've missed work because it's been so bad. 
  • h&pmomma said:
    @SparkySunDevil you have sciatica too! That shit hurts like hell. I've been limping around for the past few days and im in so much pain. I think I'm finally getting some relief with Bengay muscle rub. 
    Just know that some doctors don't recommend the use of Bengay, Icy Hot etc. while pregnant as it's topical and absorbed through the skin, so check with your doctor if you haven't already! 
    This is my 3rd pregnancy, 3rd OB, and 3rd time with sciatica pain and every time I've been told no icy hot or bengay. Heating pads for short periods of time were ok for some relief. 
    I've heard this too, but my doctor said the topical stuff was ok.  She did say regular ice would probably work better though.  Last night I found some relief by laying on my side and "spooning" my body pillow.  While my leg was propped up, I used my fist to massage the offending cheek where the sciatica was bothering me.  DH would have been better but he wasn't in bed yet.  Anyway, it felt awesome.

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • I feel your pain, ladies! My back has gone out several times with sciatica! I've had PT twice because of it. This last time was when I found out I was 5 weeks pregnant and couldn't do anything that I would normally do and missed a week of work! But the dr said topical stuff was okay and we asked the pharmacist because I was still hesitant haha they told me to try Tiger Balm. They have patches and a cream type thing you can rub on. I used the patches and for me they worked great! That and laying on my side with pillows behind me and between my legs, hence the purchase of my back n belly early on! You can also get a mini tens unit that helps sometimes...and stretches once your not hurting as much and can do them! I know I've shared this link a couple of times, and my story, but it's from my PT and seems to help me with my back issues so I want to keep passing it along!  www.heyfitmama.com 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     "A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin