June 2016 Moms
Options

Monthly cleaning project

I thought maybe other people may be like me and need some accountability when it comes to tackling projects around the house. Any interest in tackling an area of the house every month, or project of the month? 

Re: Monthly cleaning project

• Options
    Yes! I keep meaning to read the life changing magic of tidying. I could definitely use some organizational inspiration. 
  • Options
    artlea2013artlea2013 member
    edited January 2017
    Oh man, my cleaning schedule has gone out the window since going back to work. I could definitely use some help reminding me to get off my butt and vacuum the dang stairs or organize the pantry
    Me: 32 DH: 31 *The old lady by 5 whole weeks*
    Married: 11/2013
    M: 6/2016  E: 5/2018
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've got two people in my house daily who volunteer to watch Preston as a clean or ask me what needs doing but the house is still a wreak.  Plus our Berner is blowing coat.
  • Options
    It's amazing how much it takes to keep up with a house when you have kids!!!
  • Options
    Tawny87Tawny87 member
    edited January 2017

My first project is going to be finding permanent homes for the crap on my counters. I have the worlds smallest kitchen and like nowhere for most of our appliances. We moved from a really nice town house with a fantastic to an okay house with a crap kitchen. Damn you totally outrageous Colorado home prices!!!

Also, my last house had an island... I want to cry about how much I miss it! I will never buy a house without an island again lol!
  • Options
    @Tawny87 your kitchen looks like the one in our last apartment, I feel your pain. I don't know if you're ok with this but I used the top of the cabinets to store some of the large dishes or appliances that I used less often. It means you have to climb though...
  • Options
    Lizbeth86 said:
    @Tawny87 your kitchen looks like the one in our last apartment, I feel your pain. I don't know if you're ok with this but I used the top of the cabinets to store some of the large dishes or appliances that I used less often. It means you have to climb though...
    That's a good idea. Nothing a step ladder couldn't cure.
  • Options
    We used a half round hanging pot rack in our last apartment for storing pots and pans. I wasn't thrilled with the look at first, but the kitchen didn't have much storage space. I ended up LOVING it. It was so easy to grab them and put them away. You could even hang it in a pantry. 
  • Options
    rmmorris said:
    We used a half round hanging pot rack in our last apartment for storing pots and pans. I wasn't thrilled with the look at first, but the kitchen didn't have much storage space. I ended up LOVING it. It was so easy to grab them and put them away. You could even hang it in a pantry. 
    That's awesome! The price is great too.
  • Options
    @Tawny87 I have a metal metro(shelf) in my garage that I store my large pots and countertop appliances on. I would need a huge kitchen to store all my stuff, I love cooking pans. I have a addiction to le creuset pans, my dad usually gets me one for Christmas if I ask for it, otherwise I could never justify paying that much for a pan. 
  • Options
    You know you are falling behind when you just took your Christmas tree down yesterday
  • Options
    @Tawny87 I have a metal metro(shelf) in my garage that I store my large pots and countertop appliances on. I would need a huge kitchen to store all my stuff, I love cooking pans. I have a addiction to le creuset pans, my dad usually gets me one for Christmas if I ask for it, otherwise I could never justify paying that much for a pan. 
    My mom lives with us and her hobby is baking. Our garage has 4 of the same metro racks and we have a freezer in there!  All the shelves are FULL and some stuff has migrated to our attic. The other half of the garage is my husband's "man cave"/mechanics garage (which he does for a living). So needless to say we don't park a car in the garage. Haha. 
  • Options
    My mom lives with us and her hobby is baking. Our garage has 4 of the same metro racks and we have a freezer in there!  All the shelves are FULL and some stuff has migrated to our attic. The other half of the garage is my husband's "man cave"/mechanics garage (which he does for a living). So needless to say we don't park a car in the garage. Haha. 
    Haha!!! I made my hubby clear room in the garage for my car this winter. I was all I will throw your crap out if I have too, but I'm not dragging 3 kids out in the snow.
  • Options
    Tawny87 said:
    Haha!!! I made my hubby clear room in the garage for my car this winter. I was all I will throw your crap out if I have too, but I'm not dragging 3 kids out in the snow.
    I would feel the same way if I lived somewhere where it snowed. Lol!  But we live in San Diego (CA) so don't have to worry about that. Funny thing is we just rented a dumpster a few months ago from the trash company and I made my husband throw away this seat from some random vehicle that he brought home from work to use in his man cave.  I was like "do we really need this!?!"  We purged a lot that day and it felt awesome!