Infertility
Options

Ovulation pain/twinges?

I'm pretty sure I ovulate regularly, but this is my first medicated cycle due to rpl. I took femara cd 4-8 got a pregnyl trigger after my scan of one 18mm and one 14mm follie on 1/12. We BD'd 1/11,1/12,1/13, and 1/14. I've been slightly crampy since Friday, but I've had more cramps than usual in the past 15min and some twinges on my L side (I'm assuming in my ovaries). I've never had ovulation pains before. Any one else experience anything like this? 

Re: Ovulation pain/twinges?

• Options

I have a friend who says she always feels it when she ovulates.  For most of her life she wasn't sure what it was, but when she and her DH were trying to get knocked up she read Taking Charge of Your Fertility and a few other books and started to put it together.  I think it sounds awesome lol.

I've never been able to tell when I've ovulated by twinges etc

Together Let Us Seek the Heights

• Options
    Ive never been able to tell either! That's why I'm not confident that it's ovulation. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I also have a friend that prior to being on her current BCP, could always feel when she was ovulating.

I never have previously, except for the last 2 cycles I've experienced some fairly bad pain right around the time I've ovulated (according to Fertility Friend) coupled with sudden nausea.  Could be coincidental and unrelated, could be ovulation pain.

Either way, it's not unheard of for women to experience pain/cramping around the time that they ovulate. 
    Me: 34 | DH: 46
    SD: 21 & SS: 17
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• Options
    My RE told me that I would feel twinge or cramps on the side I'm ovulating from or I may not feel anything at all, but mine were larger that yours (both around 30). She said the size my cause it to be more noticeable.  I've never noticed cramps before and I very rarely get them during AF, but this week I have felt cramps on both sides. My lh surge was on 1/11 so I'm assuming it's what my RE was telling me about.
  • Options
    I definitely feel ovulation pains, and they last a few days. My previous doctors had doubted it, but I at every ultrasound for IUI i was able to confirm which side. I think I feel it because I have scar tissue on the ovaries so it feels like a knife stabbing my ovary. 
    TTC #1: March 2011 (slightly before)
    Fur-children: 3 dogs + 2 cats (all rescued)
    dx: Endometriosis and Fibroids 
    2 Laps and 1 Abdominal Myomectomy
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    Several HSG's sprinkled throughout the years to up my chances of a BFP
    Several dilation of cervix because they suspect the scar tissue is hindering it from fully opening (partially adds to the severe cramps all month)
    IVF #1 Gonal F, Menopur and Cetrotide
    ER 12/1/2016
    ER-Retrieved 22 eggs 10 fertilized
    4/4 day 5 embryos were normal for PGS!!! 2 boys/2 girls
    FET 1/10/2017  
    Gallbladder surgery 1/10/2017
    FET estimated end of Feb, beginning of March

• Options
    I once had 4 large follicles, and that was really the only time I could tell I was ovulating. It was..pretty uncomfortable!
    ***TW***
    DH & I both 34.
    8/16: IVF, antagonist protocol 
    21 eggs | 9 blasts | 7 normal through PGS
    10/16: FET  = BFN  :(
    12/16: Surprise natural BFP 
    Beta 1: 177 | Beta 2: 483 | Beta 3: 8,755 | Beta 4: 39,007. Baby born 9/5/2017

NOW on sibling journey. 
    2/20: FET = BFN :(
    4/20: Surprise COVID BFP

• Options
    Thank you all! I'm probably just over thinking it, but I'm hoping it's a sign of good news!