Babies on the Brain

GTKY: tv shows

PhillymommaX2PhillymommaX2 member
edited January 2017 in Babies on the Brain
I never used to watch tv, but now I watch too much. DH and I spend our quality time catching up on the DVR or on Netflix when the kids go to bed. Wine is optional.
So what are your favorites?
I'm really into crime and political dramas. My favs are HTGAWM, Scandal, Blacklist, Designated survivor, Blind spot, House of Cards, and Bloodline. If you are looking for an AWESOME show try Wentworth on Netflix. It's a drama about a women's prison in  Australia. It is so so so  good!!!  We also like Big Bang theory and last man standing. 
Told you we watch way too much TV ;)
DD1: 2/28/12
DD2: 9/12/13
Baby #3: Due January 2018

Re: GTKY: tv shows

• I like Criminal Minds, Blacklist, Bones, Elementary, Game of Thrones, New Girl - I am sure there are more I just can't think of :/ I also have been watching Exorcist the season (DH hates it lol.) We just the first episode of a new show named Ransom that looks promising :) 
  • We don't watch much but we used to really like Flip or Flop.  Don't know if they're doing any more episodes right now.  :(
    Laura, mom of:
    James (14)
    William (13)
    Elise (11)
    Zachary (5)
    George (3)

www.letterstoauntkay.com [making the blog private.  PM me if you want to subscribe]
  • Loading the player...
  • We watch a healthy mixture of True Crime shows, and Military shows. A couple others we were obsessed with were Hannibal and Board Walk Empire, I've also recently got him on board with my love for American Horror Story!
  • Gosh, we haven't watched TV much since LO was born!  We also don't have cable right now, just Netflix, Hulu and Amazon (which, I guess, is a lot of internet options for all the tv we don't watch!)  Anyway, I miss it!  We do watch Game of Thrones with our downstairs neighbors when it's on (I'm a huge fan and have read all the books) and we catch some HGTV stuff on Netflix whenever it's available, also You're the Worst or Last Man on Earth on Hulu. 

I work in reality TV so I don't watch too much of that, haha.  Like taking work home with me! 

I'd like to try out some new shows when we have more time, if anyone has recs on Netflix, Hulu or Amazon prime!
  • Criminal Minds and NCIS are my big crime shows!! Also love watching cooking competition shows and home renovation shows.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• @CecilB93  I think you were the one person I missed in the previous thread--sorry about that.  

Are you into that Fixer Upper show?  Love it.
    Laura, mom of:
    James (14)
    William (13)
    Elise (11)
    Zachary (5)
    George (3)

www.letterstoauntkay.com [making the blog private.  PM me if you want to subscribe]
  • Ok new show - Emerald City. Has anyone else watched it? I just watched the first episode seems like it will be good. 
  • I'm a re-watcher. I could rewatch old favorites over and over! Current favorites to rewatch are Parks and Rec, Bob's Burgers, and Archer, though DH insisted I would love The Crown and he was right. I'm just waiting until I have a moment to sit and actually focus on watching to watch all the episodes (it's the kind of show that you need to pay attention to, but so worth it). I also have Drunk History as my background noise for when I clean. Guess I love comedy and history?
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC #1: 12/2016
    Benched due to deployment- Off the bench 8/8/17!

• I'm currently watching The Walking Dead, Fear the Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Outsiders (or will continue when they come back from break), The OA on Netflix (its kind of out there but interesting). I'm really bad about dropping shows for no reason and forgetting to pick them back up again. Like Masters of Sex (in my defense it was getting a little stale), The Knick, Supernatural, and The Affair. DH and I have a hard time finding a show that we both get into. He likes the new Shooter series and I'm just like meh. We both like Outsiders though and we're eagerly waiting for season 2 to start later this month. He likes the name Asa for a boy and I'm like nah bruh. 
    Me: 29  DH: 32                                                                                          
    Married 9/27/2014
    TTC Since 1/1/2017
    BFP: 2/6/2017
    Due Date: 10/13/17
    pangur_ban_by_sequana-d31ja7y
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Have you guys watched Stranger Things??
  • My 14 year old niece is currently obsessed with Stranger Things.  She keeps trying to convince me to watch it.  Is it scary?  It seems like it might be.  I'm so conflicted because I want to watch it (heard so many people raving about it), but I hate being scared!  I'm alone most nights because of my husbands job.  
  • @BlissB1987 It is a little spooky at times, but I'm a horror buff so it doesn't really scratch the surface of what I consider scary. It reminds me very much of Stephen King style horror, so if you can handle the King, you can handle Stranger Things. It really is worth watching, the storyline grabs you and doesn't let you go!
  • I'm watching American Horror Story: Hotel right now, and it is definitely the most questionable and unsettling season I've seen so far.
  • @AllyTheKid - we loved Stranger Things
    @BlissB1987 - I didn't find it scary. My DH who hates scary movies liked it. 
  • @AllyTheKid - we loved Stranger Things
    @BlissB1987 - I didn't find it scary. My DH who hates scary movies liked it. 
    Good to know.  I watched one episode and I was confused but I liked it.  My niece was over during the holidays and she binge watched the whole season!  I am going to check it out after I put my shortstacks to bed tonight!
  • @BlissB1987 I'm not much into horror myself but it depends. I can watch stuff about ghosts, spirits, demons, possession, ect (Sinister, The Conjuring)  but I will not watch stuff that has a ton of gore (Hostel, Texas Chainsaw, Saw). Stranger Things like @AllyTheKid said is spooky but not scary. It might make a jump a bit but all in all is a good show. It has its things that I disagree with but I would definitely try to get through the first season. You'll want to watch the second :3
    Married 9/27/2014
    TTC Since 1/1/2017
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Stuff about spirits and possessions and demons creep me right the eff out... I'm a monster girl, I like werewolves, vampires, old Universal Monsters, and stuff like Pennywise the Clown and even Friday Krueger. I can do slashers and gore because I know humans can be wicked, it is a fact of life. Monsters are not real, and that's that. But possessions and what not, mixed with personal experiences with the paranormal scare me to death =S 
  • @maureenmce Amazon Prime has a show called The Man in the High Castle. It's about what the US would look like if Germany had won WWII, if you're into that sort of thing. I started it and haven't continued (as mentioned before, I'm bad about doing this). 

@glitzandglitter I've wanted to watch Emerald City. It looks interesting. Ever have so many shows you want to watch and already watching that you can't keep track of them all?

@jsnakehole The Crown looks good and I've heard a lot of good things about it. Again. So many shows X_X
    Married 9/27/2014
    TTC Since 1/1/2017
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @feeislove Yes! When I get too many I pick a few to save for when the seasons end on my favorite shows - then I have something to watch during the slow season (which is usually summer for me:) )
  • @glitzandglitter I'm thinking about making a list, like a spreadsheet or something, and document what I'm watching, what season and episode I'm on and through what I have to watch it. That way I can use "slow season" time to catch up. 

By George, I think I have an idea.
    Married 9/27/2014
    TTC Since 1/1/2017
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I watch so much tv lol. I dvr everything. We watch a few things on Netflix too.

It's not on right now, but I think my favorite show is married at first sight. A spin off is coming back on in march.

Anyone watching this is us? I love the Randall story line.
    Me: 31  DH: 32      <3 DH since 12.2009       Married 08.2013       EDD 12.2017