August 2017 Moms
Options

FFFC 1/13

Flame Free confessions anyone??

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: FFFC 1/13

• Options
    I had a cooked shrimp tempura maki roll yesterday. Confession because it's sushi, but not really bad because it was cooked shrimp and I don't each much seafood anyway!
    But later in the evening I felt very mild cramps that could have been uterine expansion or could have been indigestion. So I mildly freaked out and I don't think I'll touch sushi again unless it's a vegetarian roll. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    laryk123laryk123 member
    edited January 2017
    I had a cooked shrimp tempura maki roll yesterday. Confession because it's sushi, but not really bad because it was cooked shrimp and I don't each much seafood anyway!
    But later in the evening I felt very mild cramps that could have been uterine expansion or could have been indigestion. So I mildly freaked out and I don't think I'll touch sushi again unless it's a vegetarian roll. 
    The rice itself is more likely to make you ill than the cooked shrimp! 

ETA:
    I don't totally trust our local sushi place when pregnant so I made a "sushi bowl" the other night, with rice, avo, cucumber, salmon and lots of wasabi and soya. Cause I was too lazy to make rolls. YUM!

(this isn't a FFFC, I can't think of one yet)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @DeansGirl14 I had sushi sometime last week (cooked bc raw right now turns my stomach) and it gave me the worst indigestion! I don't know what did it to me, but it completely killed my hardcore sushi cravings. Bummer. 

Together: January 2002
    Married: May 2008
    Baby: August 2017

Clearly we like to rush along at lightning speed...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @mango517 maybe I need that because my obsession for sushi has exploded since finding out I can't have any. I had DH get me a Slim 1 from Jimmy Johns the other day to fill my craving and he cooked the ham on the stove and reassembled the sandwich. Totally didn't do it for me and killed my stomach. So that craving has successfully died! lol
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Let me preface this by saying that , I am a Food Safety Microbiologist, so I should 100 percent know better, but I still eat lunch meat while pregnant and might have licked the brownie batter spoon last night too.  There I got it off my chest and said it out loud! I am sorry but I don't like lunch meat toasted or warm. I just can' do it. Also, yes I realize I am taking a risk, but my doctor believes you can have anything you want in moderation and with this being my third pregnancy I am definitely no where near the person I was with my first. I wouldn't even drink  a coke with my first! Hopefully, it won't e anything I have to worry about, but I see way more positives on deli prepared salads like potato salad than I ever have o lunch meat.

• Options
    OTmom3OTmom3 member
    edited January 2017
    I have to cancel a scheduled playdate with my friend and her daughter tonight but I'm actually a little happy about it because I have horrible nausea and fatigue in the evening and I really didn't want to tell her I was pregnant yet.
    Edited to add - I decided to change my screen name from kmorse1 to this ;)
    BabyFruit Ticker

#1 - DD: 7/5/12
    #2 - DS: 5/21/14
    #3 - EDD: 8/25/17

• Options
    OTmom3 said:
    I have to cancel a scheduled playdate with my friend and her daughter tonight but I'm actually a little happy about it because I have horrible nausea and fatigue in the evening and I really didn't want to tell her I was pregnant yet.
    Edited to add - I decided to change my screen name from kmorse1 to this ;)
    LOL. Similar confession- my best friend invited me, last Friday, to tag along with her and two other women from college (women I like but only socialize with through said bff) to a place that had really fancy cocktails. I'm ready to tell bff that I'm pregnant but no way was it happening with those other two women there, and there was no way to hide not drinking scrumptious cocktails. I lied and said DH and I already had plans.

The good thing about being newly pregnant in winter is that you can easily pass off your ill feelings as "something's just going around, ugh." 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @DeansGirl14, exactly!
    BabyFruit Ticker

#1 - DD: 7/5/12
    #2 - DS: 5/21/14
    #3 - EDD: 8/25/17

• Options
    I am currently applying for pregnancy medicaid. I think I qualify based on monthly income limits, and even with my insurance through my employer, out here medicaid pays for flights for medical necessities, so it would help me with the cost of monthly flights to the doctor.
  • Options
    My mom came to visit.  Instead of hanging with me she is vacuuming my house because I have felt to crappy to do it.  I don't even feel bad/guilty.  I'm just glad I don't have to do it.  I could beg my husband, but he is starting to hit his breaking point and I'd rather he watch the our other munchkin while I sleep/ catch up on TV.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @lauradi1010 just send your mom my way when she finishes up please. "She's so lucky"

• Options
    Lauradi1010Lauradi1010 member
    edited January 2017
    @maebee87,

Haha, if I could get her to agree, I would.  Right now she's like a nanny for my sister's kids when they are on school break or when my sister's husband travels for work.  I haven't really spent much time with or seen them in about six weeks.  My mom feels a bit guilty because they spent three weeks at my sister's house.  

I will admit I am exceptionally lucky even though I don't realize it everyday.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I can't really wrap my head around being a mom. The whole "we're going to have a kid one day" was hypothetical for so long that it hasn't sunk in yet. We were actively trying since September so it wasn't really a surprise but for some reason I thought it would take much longer. I'm very happy about it but I just can't imagine myself as a mom. I've never spent much time with children, have never changed a diaper or held a baby for more than 5 min. I have no idea how to take care of a baby. This will definitely be a crazy ride!
  • Options
    I am currently applying for pregnancy medicaid. I think I qualify based on monthly income limits, and even with my insurance through my employer, out here medicaid pays for flights for medical necessities, so it would help me with the cost of monthly flights to the doctor.
    You have to fly to your doctor?! That's fascinating- tell me more!

BabyName Ticker
    image imageimageimage

• Options
    Today ive actually had a good day nausea wise. Im still lying on the couch bumping while DH looks after DD and does all the chores. My karma will likely come tomorrow when i have a shit day (i seem to have one good day, two-three bad days, then a good day) and i know DH has stuff booked so im flying solo with DD
  • Options
    Sometimes on the rare night I don't feel nauseous, I still say no to sex because I'm just so happy to fall into bed and go right to sleep without wanting to puke haha. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We have three cats, two hamsters, one kid, a kid on the way, and apparently we're getting a puppy in a couple months when they're ready to go. My mother's dog had her puppies last night and my mother's been promising SO since we found out she was pregnant that he'll get one.
    My FFFC is that I don't want the puppy. I love dogs, I love all animals, and I would love a dog, but we're having another kid in August. We have three cats that SO doesn't take care of now. He knows I'm not allowed to touch the litter box because one of them goes outside frequently, and he still leaves it until I can't be in the same room as the damn thing without wanting to hurl from the smell. I had to clean the hamster cage myself two days ago because I've been after him for a month to do it and he still didn't. Hell, I have to remind him to feed and take care of the kid we have now. He won't be able to handle having a puppy, and it's going to fall to me to do it. It's ridiculous, and I'm kinda angry at my mother for promising SO this puppy and not talking to me about it first.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @caitlyn5454 I got a 5 month old puppy this summer and he's just now, 6 months later gotten to a lower maintenance level. Puppies take a lot of work! I would not get another puppy now. Too much work!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm getting a pedicure, and I didn't obsessively read about things that could negatively impact the pregnancy first. All I remember is that OPI is okay (and not to go to sketchy places, duh).

Meanwhile, my faces during the callus removal are cracking the pedicurist up.