1st Trimester

Test lines not getting any darker on new FRERs... :/ Help!

angeladowns1angeladowns1 member
edited January 2017 in 1st Trimester
Hi all!

I am guesstimating that I am between 16-19dpo. My first test I took two days ago in the afternoon. It was a strong positive! I have faced loss before so I was super excited for it to be dark so early. The next morning, with FMU I took the other test in the box. It was fainter. I immediately started freaking out. 

Later that day, I bought another pack and took one at the same time of day that I took the first one. Darker than that mornings, but ever so slightly lighter than the first one. 

I took my last one just now, 48 hours after the first, and it looks still ever so slightly lighter than the first one. Pic attached, in order of when I took them!

Should I be worried? They're not necessarily lightening, but not darkening. Shouldn't they be? With my last pregnancy they were darker each day. However those were the original flat FRERs, and this go around I've been using the new ones with the wider tip and spoon handle.

Has anyone else noticed a difference in the sensitivities of the two different FRERs? 
Is it worrisome than my darkness has basically come to a halt?

Thank you ladies!

Re: Test lines not getting any darker on new FRERs... :/ Help!

• "Line progression" really does not exist.  Each test has slightly varying amounts of dye.  Also, how much water you drank the previous day affects it, as can your food intake through the day (some foods such as vegetables have a lot of water in them and can therefore dilute your urine much more than something like pasta).

I know it's scary.. but, today you are pregnant, and IMO those tests don't look all that much different from each other.  They are all clearly very strong positives.

Only beta draws will give you an idea of if your pregnant is currently progressing as it should be.

also, you should remove the pic because it's against TOU to post pee stick pics and you will get a warning for it when the admins see it
  • Thank you @tripledaggarWed95976
    I did get my first blood draw today but won't have the results until Monday and it's driving me batty.
    I had no idea BFP pictures weren't allowed, that seems odd. Why is that? I will take it down.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you @tripledaggarWed95976
    I did get my first blood draw today but won't have the results until Monday and it's driving me batty.
    I had no idea BFP pictures weren't allowed, that seems odd. Why is that? I will take it down.
    Best of luck with the blood draw and BFP pictures are only allowed in the what does a positive test look like thread in the 1st Trimester board. Most people don't want to see things other people peed on.
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Good luck with your beta, I will have my fingers crossed for u!
  • Thank you! And I could understand that if it was like showing the tip, but that seems a little silly if it's not showing that, haha. Just my opinion though!