Babies on the Brain
Options

Weekly Fitness Check In 12.9 - 2017 Goals Edition!

Hi ladies!  

Since some of you had expressed interest in doing a pre TTC fitness check in, here it is!  A little background on my fitness journey (TW child mentioned) I gave birth to DD in February of 2016 and am still working on losing the baby weight.  I had pretty severe postpartum thyroiditis after DD's birth, and my thyroid is only now functioning correctly, so that has delayed my progress a lot.  I'm hoping to get to my pre pregnancy weight soon, then get about 15-30 pounds below that so that hopefully my next pregnancy is a bit easier on my body.  (I had a pretty rough time with sciatic nerve pain, had to walk with a cane, etc.)  I know being at a lower weight is no guarantee of an easier pregnancy, but I will try whatever I can! 

Anyway!  Blah!  Longwinded!  This is roughly how I formatted my last check in, let me know if you ladies would like any changes/additions!

Starting weight?

Current weight?

Short term goal weight?

Long term goal weight?

What are your 2017 fitness goals?

What's your exercise/diet plan right now?

Is there anything getting in the way of your health and fitness goals?

New Year's GTKY: what fitness related thing would you love to be able to achieve this year?

Yay!  So excited to have a new year's fitness check in going!  Here's to a happy and healthy 2017!

Re: Weekly Fitness Check In 12.9 - 2017 Goals Edition!

• Options
    Starting weight? 225

Current weight? 202

Short term goal weight? 185 (my pre pregnancy weight)

Long term goal weight? 150

What are your 2017 fitness goals? I'd really like to get to my long term goal weight, or at least within 5-10 pounds of it before TTC in August/September.  I am also just woefully out of shape.  Hoping to maintain 30-60 min of daily walking and work up to elliptical and then yoga to help my hip pain, so I can run again.  Eventually. (Quite the journey!)

What's your exercise/diet plan right now?  Ugh.  Working on it.  Trying to shuffle my schedule around starting next week to include 3x a week treadmill walks or elliptical and 3x a week strength training.  With a two working parent household and LA area commutes, this has been very difficult to achieve so far!  Really hoping I can do it starting next Monday when I start my new job/commute.

Is there anything getting in the way of your health and fitness goals?  There aren't two of me?  Teleportation doesn't exist?  Haha, basically grueling work schedule/commute.

New Year's GTKY: what fitness related thing would you love to be able to achieve this year?  I have always wanted to practice yoga and have never made the time.  I'd like to change that because I don't think there's any way I can get back into running without spending some time on gentle stretching, flexibility and strength training.  Also, I want my arms to not look like Christmas hams.  I swear that's where all my weight went when I was pregnant, no, I don't know why.  Lol.
  • Options

Starting weight? 176

Current weight? 171

Short term goal weight? just to keep losing

Long term goal weight? I'd like to be closer to 140

What are your 2017 fitness goals? getting back to working out 3 days a week, increasing my water intake

What's your exercise/diet plan right now? Trying to do better with what I eat. I cut out soda completely and have been trying to drink only water. So far, so good. I quit soda December 2 and so far I have managed to stay strong:)

Is there anything getting in the way of your health and fitness goals? Time and energy. I work full time, going to grad school and have 3 kiddos so I am having a hard time finding a time and getting into a routine. 

New Year's GTKY: what fitness related thing would you love to be able to achieve this year?
    Get to the gym regularly, stay away from soda and hit my goal weight. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @maureenmce I feel you on the "arms looking like Christmas hams" thing.  It's so funny how the weight just piles on the arms--mine totally did that, too.  Re: yoga, there's a new-ish cardio yoga DVD I started doing in the fall; can't remember its name right now but it's pretty good (will post later when I am home and can check). 
    Laura, mom of:
    James (14)
    William (13)
    Elise (11)
    Zachary (5)
    George (3)

www.letterstoauntkay.com [making the blog private.  PM me if you want to subscribe]
  • Options
    Starting weight?
    *TW pregnancy mentioned* I'm going off of my immediate post partum weight since giving birth at the end of September, which was 150 lbs.

Current weight?
    140 lbs, and considering most of my weight lost was water weight and swelling, I'm not doing a very good job of losing yet!

Short term goal weight? 
    I'm not so much striving for a weight, but a size. I have a closet full of size 3,4, and 26 jeans extra small and small clothing that I've had for years, and taken wonderful care of because in a family the size of mine, buying yourself clothing is at the very bottom of the priority list when there are 4 growing children needing clothes constantly, so I would like to fit back into my wardrobe.

Long term goal weight?
    I guess about the same as my short term, I have 3 sizes to drop and roughly 25 lbs. I'd like to make it happen before the end of the year.

What are your 2017 fitness goals?
    I would actually like to add emphasis on weight training as well to build my strength back up and not just sit there obsessing over weight loss. I would like to be healthier and more fit overall.

What's your exercise/diet plan right now?
    As far as my diet, I had been making healthy meal choices, cut out soda pop, and was counting calories but slipped up over the holidays and haven't gotten back into the swing just yet. My exercise plan was doing the Brazil Butt Lift videos from Beach Body (which are wonderful by the way, I did them in 2014, and WOW). I WILL get back on track.

Is there anything getting in the way of your health and fitness goals?
    Other than a 17-month-old, a 3-month-old, a 5-year-old, a 9-year-old, a FI without a driver's license, a love of chocolate and lack of will power, no.

I would LOVE to get FI a gym membership! He is so bashful about exercising in front of me for some reason, even though he had to do PT in front of tons of people in the army! Still, I think he would be happier if he were happier with his body and I have fitness goals for BOTH of us, so I think this still counts, right? ;)

Also, I'm looking for accountability partners to heckle me about slipping up once I get started again and to help motivate each other. If anybody is interested, I'm here and can also be found on MyFitnessPal!

• Options
    @AllyTheKid  Brazil Butt Lift is super tough but such an awesome workout.  You can do this!
    Laura, mom of:
    James (14)
    William (13)
    Elise (11)
    Zachary (5)
    George (3)

www.letterstoauntkay.com [making the blog private.  PM me if you want to subscribe]
  • Options
    @mill1020 It is great, I love it! A little cheesy, but I love that too haha
  • Options
    Starting weight? 121 I started at 160 about a year and a half ago and got down to 121 in September.

Current weight? I stopped dieting a while ago and I know I've gain weight because I'm pudgy and my muscles have shrunk. I'm scared to look at the scale.

Short term goal weight? To get back to how I was in September

Long term goal weight? 115

What are your 2017 fitness goals? I would like to get to where I can jog/run for more than just 30-60 seconds at a time. I've always been awful at running. I like to get my lean muscle back and get rid of my flab. I also want to be overall more active in my day to day and be less sedentary. 

What's your exercise/diet plan right now? Go back to my low car, moderate fat, high protein diet. I just got burned out on it after a year. 

Is there anything getting in the way of your health and fitness goals? I tend to do better when I go to a gym but I live in the country so its 30 minutes to get there. I have things to work out at home but its harder to motivated there for some reason. 

Its all under my 2017 fitness goals.
    Me: 29  DH: 32                                                                                          
    Married 9/27/2014
    TTC Since 1/1/2017
    BFP: 2/6/2017
    Due Date: 10/13/17
    pangur_ban_by_sequana-d31ja7y
    Pregnancy Ticker