February 2017 Moms

Shiz Just Got Real

Re: Shiz Just Got Real

• I didn't realize we had so many little ones arriving on 2/2!!

@PerraSucia those numbers are crazy! Fingers crossed they level out soon!
  • @PerraSucia other than your BP being all over the place, how are you feeling? Can you tell when it's high?
  • Loading the player...
  • @foxrosy I see spots all the time like twinkles especially if I go from bending over to upright or in the shower and rinsing my hair. I have headaches with like sharp random blurred vision and then the swelling but otherwise I feel okay?  With my first I was dizzy CONSTANLTY and my emotions were all over the place. It started so much earlier though. 
  • @PerraSucia that's no fun. I talked with my doctor today about getting these sensations where my heart beats fast and I feel so much pressure in my head like my eyeballs are going to pop out. She speculated as to if my blood pressure was randomly spiking. 
  • @PerraSucia are you still at work? That sounds rough. 
  • @foxrosy oh man weird I don't think I've ever had a eyeball pressure thing. It's more like a stabby pain. 

@Xstatic3333 yeah two more weeks unless I have him first.   My temp starts Monday so I'm hoping next week will be training people and then just phoning it in and getting my stuff ready for the office to move when I'm gone. 
  • @PerraSucia that sounds rough & like you really shouldnt be at work right now! Hoping you make it through the next 2 weeks ok! Xxx
  • @PerraSucia I have no advice but I'm thinking of you!
  • @PerraSucia, what did your doctor say about work?   Take it easy as much as you can,  because that sounds awful.
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Partyof6? said:
    @PerraSucia, what did your doctor say about work?   Take it easy as much as you can,  because that sounds awful.
    She said it was up to me but to take it easy. I feel obligated to stay through the next week because my friggin temp is finally starting. 
  • @Gretchypoo I forgot to ask this earlier, but did they mention why to induce? If you don't mind me asking that is. DD is in 80th percentile so I'm curious to see what my OB says next Friday if that changes plans or not. They didn't give me an estimate on how big she is though :(
    BFP #1: DD born on 08.25.12 BFP #2: 09/08/15 miscarried at 6w BFP #3: DD2 born on 02.07.17
  • Aussie45 said:
    @Gretchypoo I forgot to ask this earlier, but did they mention why to induce? If you don't mind me asking that is. DD is in 80th percentile so I'm curious to see what my OB says next Friday if that changes plans or not. They didn't give me an estimate on how big she is though :(
    I have gestational diabetes and my blood sugars took almost 7 weeks to get under control. so they are worried abt her size and abt the effects of insulin on me and her. and theyre worried that my sugars will go out of control again. She is in 91st percentile now but they aren't forcing a c-section or anything.
  • Aussie45 said:
    @Gretchypoo I forgot to ask this earlier, but did they mention why to induce? If you don't mind me asking that is. DD is in 80th percentile so I'm curious to see what my OB says next Friday if that changes plans or not. They didn't give me an estimate on how big she is though :(
    I have gestational diabetes and my blood sugars took almost 7 weeks to get under control. so they are worried abt her size and abt the effects of insulin on me and her. and theyre worried that my sugars will go out of control again. She is in 91st percentile now but they aren't forcing a c-section or anything.
    Gotcha. Hopefully it all goes well for you! How far along are you?

I know for sure they want to induce me by 39w, but I'm not sure if that's still the case or how that's going to go depending on the ultrasound we did last Monday. It's crazy that we're all getting this close to crunch time  :|
    BFP #1: DD born on 08.25.12 BFP #2: 09/08/15 miscarried at 6w BFP #3: DD2 born on 02.07.17
  • Aussie45 said:
    Aussie45 said:

I know for sure they want to induce me by 39w, but I'm not sure if that's still the case or how that's going to go depending on the ultrasound we did last Monday. It's crazy that we're all getting this close to crunch time  :|
    I'm 35 wks now. the earliest they have talked about inducing is 37 wks. But I want to make it until 38 wks (feb 3!)
  • Aussie45 said:
    Aussie45 said:

I'm 35 wks now. the earliest they have talked about inducing is 37 wks. But I want to make it until 38 wks (feb 3!)
    Hey, my birthday! It's a great day to be born ;) 
  • @beern

My DH and I honeymooned near Estes Park. Beautiful place, and the people were so nice.
  • Oh God @winchestergirl same here! DH and I keep thinking about it as if I have this extra week being a FTM and because my mom was overdue with me, but I know we need to stop that and just get shit done. 
    Previously PaukMeKiande
    Surprise BFP/MC February 2011 
    BFP May 16th 2016
    EDD January 25 2017
    DD born January 30 2017
    Surprise BFP/MC April 2017
  • Had my first "weekly" appointment with midwife.
    She gave me a packet of info including babies birth certificate/social security paperwork to fill our early if we want to do so. 
  • I had my first prenatal class today. That was kind of a slap to the face with reality(in a good way).  We have a really nice nurse teaching the class though, super helpful and knowledgeable. I think I learned more about my womb and vagina in two hours tonight than I have in my whole life LOL.
  • Ah exciting @Jab3! Hope it all goes well for you! Looking forward to hearing all about your little one! Xxx
  • Thanks @Janefelicity! Poor kid still doesn't have a name, I can't believe we still haven't picked one. 
  • @Jab3 one of my cousins didnt have a name for her baby until she was like 2 days before the time was up to register her (which is like 6 weeks here) so i wouldnt be too worried about that! Lol
    I'm sure once the baby is here the perfect name will come to you. We were pretty sure about Cora but disnt confirm until she arrived and seen did it suit her. It was only in the last month or 2 that Cora became a front runner as from we found out we were having a little girl i was dead set on Arya for so long.
  • @Janefelicity, you know, that makes me feel a hell of a lot better to hear actually! I really like Cora! We've been considering Nora pretty heavily, but not quite sure yet. I like Tessa, but H said nope.
    I actually really like Arya too, I never heard that one before. Very pretty, I can see why you liked it so much! Well, guess I should have put this in the names thread :)