February 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms (1/9)

Re: Weekly Randoms (1/9)

• kswiger06kswiger06 member
    edited January 2017
    @beern I'm on mobile and have no clue how to put the links in or I would have, to make it easier
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Anyone else having a late in the game baby shower? I have one being thrown by very kind old church ladies, but they scheduled it for 38wks... I'm hoping I make it! 
  • I miss the fun drama days! 
    I miss the fun drama days! 
    I've been enjoying reading through the drama directories lol... I just read the butt baby thread from 2014 and it was hilarious
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kjd291 yes!  I just had my main shower, but my work is also throwing one and it won't be until the 1st week of Feb!  Cutting it close!!
  • @kjd291 Yup I'm having one at church this Sunday. I'm 38 weeks on Monday and being induced next weekend. 
    Me: 24  DH: 28

Married: 9/2013

Love my LEO!!

TTC #1: 9/2015

BFP: 2/1/16  MC 2/8/16 @ 5wks

BFP: 5/22/16 RAINBOW BABY

EDD: 1/30/2017 *IT'S A GIRL!!!!* 

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • kjd291 said:
    Anyone else having a late in the game baby shower? I have one being thrown by very kind old church ladies, but they scheduled it for 38wks... I'm hoping I make it! 

Yeah I'm probably alone here, but I still side eye second showers in as many years. 
    Nope, not alone at all. 
  • Man I've been surprised how many people were confused why I wasn't registered. 
  • I've had tons of people ask me if I'm having another shower and NOPE. 
    I even told MIL not to even try. 
    I think here though it's pretty common to have multiple showers, but I still side eye the fuck out of them. 
    Also, didn't that poster say we were mean or something to March BMB, or am I confusing her? 
  • kjd291 said:
    Anyone else having a late in the game baby shower? I have one being thrown by very kind old church ladies, but they scheduled it for 38wks... I'm hoping I make it! 

Yeah I'm probably alone here, but I still side eye second showers in as many years. 
    Nope, not alone at all. 

Thanks girl
  • My mom offered a sprinkle and I was like nah because tact. 

I dont think that poster said we were mean I think she just liked the March BMB better. 
  • @kswiger06 What is this butt baby you speak of?
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • I'm confused why you guys think it would be a 2nd shower?  Do you mean multiple showers like having more than one shower for one pregnancy, or multiple showers like having a shower each time you have a kid?  
  • @MissMerciBeaucoup They mean for secon pregnancies 
    edited January 2017
    @kswiger06 What is this butt baby you speak of?
    https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12460755/am-i-pregnant

Most of the funny is in the first couple pages
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm confused why you guys think it would be a 2nd shower?  Do you mean multiple showers like having more than one shower for one pregnancy, or multiple showers like having a shower each time you have a kid?  
    This is her second kid. I side eye showers for subsequent children when they're really close in age. I'm also gonna have 2 under 2. I declined more gifts. 
  • Gotcha and agreed!  You ladies are classy AF!
  • I forgot about the butt baby. That was gold haha. There was one on M15 I think her username was jessntim(?). That one was bananas too.
  • OMG thank you for introducing me to butt baby! that's amazing.
  • foxrosy said:
    https://wonderoak.com/2017/01/09/dear-kids-when-im-not-good-at-this/

A good quick read that had me all in my feelings. 

<3  <3
  • @kswiger06, I haven't been involved in delivering someone else's baby in many many years, you totally wouldn't want me! I haven't even been to a delivery in general in a while since I am totally outpatient.  Funny you mention dreams though-  I had one last night and @PerraSucia was in it.  I can't even remember what it was about though!

• @scottipino was I in amazing shape and being fed fruits by beautiful people? 
    In LuLuLemon head to toe 
  • I forgot about the butt baby. That was gold haha. There was one on M15 I think her username was jessntim(?). That one was bananas too.
    Jessntim3 --- I found her, and immediately got sucked into crazy land lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Holy Moly!!! I totally missed butt baby but it's effing gold!!!
  • kswiger06 said:
    I forgot about the butt baby. That was gold haha. There was one on M15 I think her username was jessntim(?). That one was bananas too.
    Link, please! 
  • Side eye me all the way, but my friend is throwing me a shower for DS2. But, this is 6 hours away from my first shower, no multiple attendees, and I honestly just want to spend time with friends. I don't care about the gifts. And she wouldn't take no for an answer. 
    edited January 2017
    kswiger06 said:
    I forgot about the butt baby. That was gold haha. There was one on M15 I think her username was jessntim(?). That one was bananas too.
    Link, please! 
    https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/comment/76866768

There is a lot of deleted content, but people were quoting so you eventually get to read it lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • srscott3srscott3 member
    edited January 2017
    kswiger06 said:
    kswiger06 said:
    Link, please! 
    https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/comment/76866768

There is a lot of deleted content, but people were quoting so you eventually get to read it lol
    I know I've been MIA lately, but I hopped on today to read through all the new posts. 
    I got through about 5 posts from this link before closing it because everyone's *very incorrect* legal advice spiked my BP. 
    However, Butt Baby ftw 

edit: I kept reading. Definitely got better
  • TLDR and possible TW: sudden loss of pet

Jack our yellow lab died unexpectedly Monday night. He came out to greet us when we got home as usual and then he collapsed and slowly closed his eyes and stopped breathing. I was hysterical. I was literally on my knees in like a rockstar with a guitar position, screaming and I was the same way once we got him to the hospital and they came out and said he was gone and they couldn't save him. I couldn't breathe and I felt like I'm having a heart attack then and still do now continuously (which is pretty much what killed Jack, heart failure.) We didn't know he had an underlying heart condition. Apparently it's something that happens to larger breed dogs more often. 

The doctor was insisting there's usually no clinical signs and even if there is, once they're showing symptoms of something being wrong there's not much left to do. But at least we would have known and had time to prepare. He was fine all day and has been, then we went to go get the kids from school, came back and that was it. 

H gave him mouth to mouth and actually got him breathing again and he opened his eyes. I really truly believed he was going to be ok. I can't even function or accept this. He spent his last day alive alone because we were so busy with stupid meetings and appointments. Now all we will have left of him is a paw print and his cremated body. 

DS keeps saying how much he misses his "buddy." He's grown up with him, DD too, but DS was so so close to Jack. The worst is watching H suffer, but try to keep it together for me and the kids and stay strong. He loved that dog with all his heart. He keeps going to get his leash to take him out. I know H is really worried about me because I'm a complete wreck over this.  I just keep looking at his bowls and food box and toys and going into hysterics. I haven't been sleeping AT ALL. I'm losing my mind, going around picking up pieces of his fur and collecting them in a bag. My jacket is still covered in white hair from Monday and I never want to wash it again. We had him cremated and pretty much drained what little we had left in our savings to do so. We have nowhere to bury him. And I want to be able to keep him with us. 

I just want him back. I feel like nothing will ever be okay ever again. He was our first "baby" and he was the best damn dog ever. My kids are traumatized as are H and I. I can't believe he's gone. My big white puff will never be here again. I'm just walking around crying openly and in public (which is surreal because it's the complete opposite of how I normally am.) He followed me everywhere and I wish he was still here getting in my way. I knew he would be there for me like he's always been during the long lonely nights up nursing the new baby alone, but now he's gone. He would have been 9 on February 19th. All I can think about was when they let us say "bye" to him and he was under a blanket and the kids each gave him a treat. And they had to like tear me off him and away from him. And as I walked away looking back, all I could see was his little paw sticking out.