April 2017 Moms

TW Tuesday 1/10

Who or What is being a twatwaffle in your life?

Me: 29 DH: 33
Married: 5/30/2013
DSS #1: 5/25/2007
DSS #2: 1/22/2011
DS #3: 7/8/2012
BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
DS #4: 4/21/17

Re: TW Tuesday 1/10

• Loading the player...
  • @lovelongdog06 I was thinking the same thing as @cafedisco. WI winters sound horrible (I wouldn't know. I've never been). I'm definitely anti-winter!
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • Two twatwaffles in my life this week. 1 is my co-worker who stole from me Sunday. Don't think I need to explain any further why she's a twatwaffle..

And 2 myself.  I have been so tired and cranky the last couple days for no reason. Mainly towards my husband who is amazing and deserves an award for putting up with me. He lets me sleep in, takes care of the animals and has taken on more than his fair share of housework. also toward my daughter, who is already preparing to make huge changes in her life. I've been somewhat of a yeller the last few days, which is not the kind of mom I am or want to be. She's been more sensitive than ever (she's normally super tough skinned) and instead of realizing she is having a tough time I have gotten annoyed and yelled when she does anything "wrong" or gets whiney/ clingy (also not normally like her)
    Abbygirl 5/2012
    Baby Boy due 04/07/17
  • Eh I grew up in winter in Idaho. I don't love it, but I also hate not being able to enjoy being outside on account of the heat 6 months out of the year. I'm tired of the dust and traffic and air traffic and city junk too. Also the schools are dismal here. I really don't want to send DS, and teachers have it bad. DH misses a better music culture. He's teaching high school kids who only play at an upper middle school level and it kills him. It is ridiculously lonely with zero family out here. I could look past things I hate here if we just had someone closer than 1000 miles away. I won't even describe the financial and logistical nightmare of planning visits to two different distant states.
  • @cafedisco aside from the pile of stuff listed above, we're living further on the West side than I prefer, and the police helicopter circling all.the.time because we're near the 17 and ghettocenter is grating on me, and I'm not happy with our actual house. We've outgrown it, there's no garage, no storage, and we can't really afford to be where I want to be. If we could be in Tempe or Scottsdale or even all the way out to Gilbert, I'd be more comfortable. However hubby works in Avondale so that would be an impossible commute even if our budget allowed an East side move.
  • schef070911schef070911 member
    edited January 2017
    Eh I grew up in winter in Idaho. I don't love it, but I also hate not being able to enjoy being outside on account of the heat 6 months out of the year. I'm tired of the dust and traffic and air traffic and city junk too. Also the schools are dismal here. I really don't want to send DS, and teachers have it bad. DH misses a better music culture. He's teaching high school kids who only play at an upper middle school level and it kills him. It is ridiculously lonely with zero family out here. I could look past things I hate here if we just had someone closer than 1000 miles away. I won't even describe the financial and logistical nightmare of planning visits to two different distant states.
    This is why we're moving back to TX after DH finishes his grad degree in LA this summer... plus all of our family is far away here (albeit they live very close to each other)... I feel you girl. Band director wife love! <3

eta: words
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @schef070911 how awesome you're another band director wife. There aren't that many of us! What's he getting his degree in? I can't wait for mine to finish this spring. Just one class and an internship to go. I call it his mistress...as if a band teacher doesn't have enough out of school time obligations.
  • @lovelongdog06 Master of music in wind conducting. It's been really great for him and so exciting personally for me to see him develop as a musician/director/person (and I've learned a lot from moving away from friends/family, new job as well), but I think we're both ready to go home. He does not have many classes this semester either which is nice.  Am I remembering correctly that your DH is working while attending school? Mine is a full-time student currently.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @schef070911 yes he's a full time high school director, part time grad student. It's been rough, especially when DS has an especially trying day and marching season was hell. He decided to open some future doors up with a masters in educational leadership.
  • @lovelongdog06 I hear all of the things you listed.  We're city people, for sure so we don't mind most of them.  I will say that if you end up here for a while, we're in South Mountain and pretty happy here.  We really wanted to be downtown but of course can't afford it. I've had to commute to Avondale randomly a few times over the past 2 years and it's a fast commute (15-20 minutes) because you go against traffic. 
    Me: 31
    DH: 36
    Married 5 years
    DD born 8/30/13
    #2 expected 4/25/17