March 2017 Moms

being taken off work

any other mama's being removed from work? I have asked my doctor to give me til the 20th as I have two short weeks coming up. But after that I'm off--my multiple sclerosis and blood pressure are why the obgyn is saying it's time to rest. I'm due March 15th and literally have no idea what I'm gunna do with myself.  I worked until a week before my due date with DS. 

Re: being taken off work

• No experience, but maybe now would be a good time to pick up a new hobby?

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Second the new hobby idea. I recommend genealogy :-)
    And Call the Midwife on Netflix! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I've already seen call the midwife!! I have decided I'm going to scour some used.boom stores this weekend in hope of some great finds. 
  • Second the new hobby idea. I recommend genealogy :-)
    And Call the Midwife on Netflix! 
    I was going to suggest crochet. 

• Also going to suggest crochet which is what I want to learn this maternity leave :-)
  • Cbeanz said:
    Also going to suggest crochet which is what I want to learn this maternity leave :-)
    There are some great tutorials on youtube by the Crochet Crowd.

• Ditto to crochet. When I was on bedrest with my last one I made a blanket. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Does crochet use a lot of fine motor skills? I get a lot of numbness in my hands from my MS
  • It can be tough if you get numbness anyway, but if you use thicker yarn and hold the hook and yarn loosely, that should help. Crocheting is what I do when I need to relax. It's so therapeutic!

If I had to stay home from this point on, I might try working on photo books, read, catch up with friends I've been meaning to reach out to, make a labor music playlist, catch up on those little to-dos around the house, etc. And now I'm kinda jealous! Good luck!