September 2017 Moms
Options

Preterm labor w/ 1st -- plan for 2nd?

hi ladies!

I unexpectedly had my son at 34.5 weeks after an easy and uncomplicated pregnancy.  Now pregnant with my second (20 months later). I've heard for the second, the OB might require progesterone shots during the second half of the pregnancy.  Anyone have experience with this and what your doc recommended?  My first appt isn't until early February so waiting on pins and needles until then :)

thanks in advance!

Re: Preterm labor w/ 1st -- plan for 2nd?

• Options
    I have had pre-term labor with all three of mine and am also on pins and needles for #4.  All mine were born at term and they never put me on anything preventative. I was in mag sulfate, steroids, and the lung shots once I actually had PTL each time. 
  • Options
    My water broke at 35 weeks with my DS (1st baby)  and he was born within 2 hours.   My DD (2nd) had to be induced and labor was 12 hours....they didn't do anything different. 

Me: 31    DH: 36

Married since 11/25/2013

#1 (bio)  born 01/18/2006

#2 (bio)   born 09/08/2008

#3 (step) born 02/17/2009

#4 (our 1st together)  EDD 09/09/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    *August 17 lurker* 
    My first baby was born at 36 weeks. Water broke, dilated, no contractions though (needed pitocin). Anyways, my OB is still taking precautions this time. He said because of my hx, I am likely to deliver early again, and we should avoid the risk of a NICU stay. Starting at 18 weeks, I will be getting weekly progesterone injections and biweekly ultrasounds. I read about side effects of the injection, which worried me, but I do trust my ob and would love to not deliver early this time.